Movie Date Excuses

Tales of a Closeted Fanboy

Baekhyun hates this subject so much. Not because the teacher is boring nor because the syllabus was uninteresting, but it’s because of the people seated right behind him.

“Hey, do you know the tea for today?”

“What, what?”

“You’re going to be so surprised once you hear about this!”

He rolls his eyes and tries to filter out the annoying voices of the girls gossiping from behind him. Can the teacher catch them so he could throw them out of class? He can't concentrate any bit with them talking so loudly.

“You know Byun Baekhyun, right?”

“Dammit,” Baekhyun says through gritted teeth. They are talking about him this time.

“He hasn’t been hanging out with Jiyong and the others! Do you know why?”

“I do not know if this has anything to do with it but…”

“But what?!”

“Don’t be such a crude and stop with the cliffhangers, damn!”

“…Baekhyun is a homoual.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes once more and he actually gets scared for a moment when he does it too harshly that for a moment he thinks they are going to get lost behind his eye socket.

“No way! That’s gross!”

“But wait! How did you know?!”

“He’s seen kissing some senior named Park Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun smiles at the thought of that. When he realizes what he is doing, he slaps himself.

I'm becoming a weirdo too, he thinks with a massive sigh.

“Is he as handsome as Baekhyun is?”

“I… I don’t even know. Who is he?”

“It’s a nerd, no one interesting. The one with the crazy hair.”

"Oh! That library assistant?"

"Yeah, that weirdo who I heard kept stalking Baekhyun."

"And he fell for him?!"

"What kind of drama is this, holy ."

“Byun Baekhyun is committing social suicide.”

“I didn’t know he could be that edgy… it’s kinda hot, if I have to be honest.”

“I also have to be honest, I do think so too. I mean, it is Byun Baekhyun after all, you get me? But the fact that he is gay…”

“It’s disgusting.”

“Someone so cool could turn into an actual …”

“Disappointing.”

Baekhyun groans in his seat and finally raises his hand.

“Mr. Hwang?”

The teacher turns to him and flashes him a bright smile.

“Yes, Mr. Byun?”

“The girls behind me are too noisy,” he says casually, and he hears them gasping. “Can you do something about it, please?”

“Oh why yes of course,” the teacher nods. “Ladies, if you think my subject is not worthy of your time, please do everyone a favor and do not disrupt my class by getting out, thank you.”

This particular teacher was usually kind, borderline a pushover that no one really takes seriously, so it comes as a shock to everyone that he would actually call out his students like that as per Baekhyun’s request. But then again, it was Byun Baekhyun, the school’s golden boy. No amount of his homoual tendencies will taint his good image to the teachers and his remarkable grades remain absolutely untouched despite his "decline" on the social hierarchy of the student population.

The class goes on peacefully for Baekhyun after the girls finally leave along with their blabbering lipstick-glazed mouths and their ugly, derogatory gossip.  He finally concentrates and he is thankful that he did that because the teacher announces a quiz for their next meeting.

“Class dismissed,” Mr. Hwang calls out when the bell for dismissals that afternoon rings.

“That was bad energy you did right there,” Jongdae snickers, leaning against Baekhyun’s desk as the brunette fixes his stuff, stacking up his notebooks before slipping them neatly into his bag.

“I had to do it, they were gossiping too loudly behind me, I couldn’t hear the teacher well,” Baekhyun sighs. “The worst thing is that they are talking about me and they blatantly called me a .”

“No way!” Jongdae gasps. “The girls in this school are really dumb, even someone biual would think twice. No wonder you never really took anyone seriously, how could you fall for someone with massive s and a tight body but zero braincells?”

Baekhyun chuckles. “Don’t be so mean, Jongdae. Not everyone is like that. There is Taeyeon.”

“Well yeah, but the others!”

Baekhyun shakes his head. “Yeah…”

“Byun Baekhyun, someone is looking for you!”

The brunette looks up when he hears one of their classmates calling out to him. His eyes drift to the door and there he sees Chanyeol, peeking out from the side.

“Chanyeolee-hyung is here,” Baekhyun says, lighting up with a bright smile as he stands up and waves as he rushes to the door.

“You came all the way here,” the brunette says as he reaches out and takes the older’s hand. “You should have just called and I would have met up with you at the gates.”

Chanyeol smiles and dips down, putting a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. Miraculously, the brunette doesn’t react negatively to it. Power of true love, lol.

“I was going on my way here, anyway.”

“I’m happy that you and Baekhyun are together now,” Jongdae says as he suddenly slips in between them, glaring up at Chanyeol. “But you, listen up here. Baekhyun is a major but he has genuine feelings for you so don’t be cruel. Just think about this fist,” he shows him his knuckles. “Either up in your or hitting you where it hurts the most, I’m not scared of you.”

“Jongdae please,” Baekhyun says, blushing in embarrassment as he pushes his friend away.

“Don’t worry,” Chanyeol chuckles as he gently swats Jongdae’s hand away. “If anything, I’m the one who should be wary with heartbreaker little Baekhyunee over here.” He looks over Jongdae’s shoulder and winks cheekily at Baekhyun. “As long as he wants me, no one’s going to be crying.”

“Are you sure, though? Baekhyun might be the type to cry if he bottoms in bed- oww! What the hell, you little brat?!”

“Your mouth, you’re so shameless!” Baekhyun whines. “The first time I finally get a decent boyfriend and you try to ruin it!”

“I’m not ruining it! I’m just being extra careful and I’m making sure you’re in safe hands. But look at Chanyeol’s hands! What if he crushes you in bed-”

Baekhyun grabs Jongdae by the shoulder and stares at him helplessly while Chanyeol stands at the back and stares down at his hands.

“Do me a favor and please, please, please shut your mouth,” Baekhyun pleads. “You are totally embarrassing me right now.”

“Okay fine!” Jongdae lifts his hands up. “I was just making sure. Anyway, I’ll go ahead before you lovebirds!”

Jongdae pats Baekhyun’s shoulder and when he passes by the senior, he points two fingers to his own eyes and then point them to Chanyeol in a “I’m watching you” gesture before he completely takes his leave.

“Well isn’t Jongdae just absolutely charming,” Chanyeol chuckles as he tugs at Baekhyun’s hand. “Shall we go?”

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun asks, maintaining his cool despite the giddiness brewing inside him. He is not about to show Chanyeol that he is actually excited for this.

“I brought my car with me, I was thinking of watching a movie down at that local drive-in theater,” Chanyeol says, smiling brightly down at Baekhyun that it diminishes the little whispers of people around them that are starting to get to him.

“After that?”

“Dinner at my place? I’ll cook.”

“You don’t want to do it outside?”

Chanyeol scratches the back of his head and smiles apologetically. “I… I don’t like eating outside much.”

“You better not do anything sneaky while we are alone, Park,” Baekhyun grins teasingly.

Chanyeol pouts. “I’m not going to do anything!”

“Okay,” Baekhyun shrugs. “I was just joking!”

Chanyeol suddenly leans in, whispering in his ear, “Why, are you expecting anything else?”

Baekhyun clears his throat and ignores how close the other male’s face feels.

“Why would I expect anything other than eating dinner?”

The shorter feels an arm slide across his shoulders, and a whisper comes, “What if I’m the dinner?”

There’s silence between them, only broken by Chanyeol’s pained spluttering when Baekhyun hits him in the gut with his elbow.

“You’re disgusting,” Baekhyun deadpans as he starts dragging the other who is still crouching over in pain.

“You like me now but you still treat me so rough,” Chanyeol complains as he clutches at the back of Baekhyun’s shirt.

Baekhyun looks over his shoulder and raises an eyebrow. “Why, you don’t like it?” he asks haughtily.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way!” Chanyeol cheerfully says with a mock pained expression.

After an amused laugh from Baekhyun, Chanyeol leads him to where his car is parked. The younger remembers it as the one he used to drop by his house months ago so they could grab some pizza. It’s been so long, and he couldn’t believe that they have come this far.

While Chanyeol grumbles about how he should pass by the gas station on the way, Baekhyun suddenly leans over and places a kiss on Chanyeol’s cheek.

“What’s that for?” Chanyeol smiles, slightly surprised.

“I just really like you,” Baekhyun sighs, leaning on his side against the back rest of his seat to look at the other.

“Stop looking at me like that,” Chanyeol shyly says, glancing at his boyfriend before looking back at the road.

“I can’t believe I would fall for an idiot like you.”

“Well I can’t believe I would fall for a heartbreaker like you, either. We’re evenly weird.”

“Touché,” Baekhyun shrugs. “Oh and did you know, this is my first proper date?”

“You don’t have to keep on making me feel special, having you confessing to me first is special enough.”

“I’m not making you feel special, I’m actually burdening you,” Baekhyun smirks. “So since this is my first proper date, you have to make it memorable.”

“Demanding little cutie, aren’t you?”

“I only want the best for me,” Baekhyun grins cheekily. “So as my boyfriend, you have to respect my wishes by doing your best.”

“I feel pressured right now but I’m confident about this,” Chanyeol turns to the side and winks at him. “So trust me.”

The drive-in theater is unexpectedly popular. When they got there, there are already numerous cars parked up front, waiting for the movie to start. As Chanyeol worked on tuning into the audio of the movie, Baekhyun went out to buy some popcorn and drinks.

“You’re so cliché,” Chanyeol snickers when Baekhyun goes back, one arm holding tightly onto the huge box of popcorn and the other arm holding two drinks to his body.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. He puts the drinks down then throws popcorn into Chanyeol’s direction, making the older laugh out as Baekhyun takes his seat, grumbling in irritation.

“Aren’t you going to give me some popcorn?”

Baekhyun gives him an irritated look and rolls his eyes as he sulkily crunches on the delicious barbecue-flavored popcorn.

“No.”

Chanyeol pouts as he leans over. He brings his lips close to Baekhyun’s ear, which he doesn’t notice at first.

“Come on…” he says it very suggestively, his deep voice going even lower as his tongue rolls over the words in a sultry fashion. Baekhyun flinches, eyes widening and feeling heat shoot through his veins at the begrudgingly attractive voice gracing his ears.

“Be a good boy and feed me, baby.”

Baekhyun screeches as he lurches back, grabbing a handful of popcorn and shoving it into Chanyeol’s face.

“There! Are you happy now, you ing creep?!”

Chanyeol laughs out loud, his mouth filled with popcorn. He keeps on laughing like an idiot even when Baekhyun punches him in the gut. A little while through his cackling, he suddenly chokes.

“God, remind me why I even agreed to date you,” Baekhyun sighs, handing over the drink he bought for Chanyeol. When the older finishes, he looks at Baekhyun and smirks.

“You dated me because you think I’m cute.”

Baekhyun’s jaw drops.

“What on earth is even cute about you?!”

“Everything, of course.”

Chanyeol suddenly takes the popcorn, reaching over to put it on the backseat. He then grabs Baekhyun by the collar of his shirt and pulls him against him into a sudden kiss.

“Ch-Chanyeol-hyung!” Baekhyun gasps, grasping onto the older’s shoulders for purchase. “Wh-What-”

“I’ve been holding back for so long,” Chanyeol grins devilishly against Baekhyun’s lips before placing a wet smack on the soft plump flesh. “Come here. Be a good boy and sit on my lap, Hyunee.”

Baekhyun has thrown away his rationale at this point. Without further ado, he stands up, scoots over and straddles Chanyeol’s lap.

“Hmm, you’re a very good junior to your senior,” Chanyeol murmurs, gazing up at Baekhyun with hearts in his eyes.

“You say really cringy things, why don’t you put your mouth to good use and kiss me?”

“No wonder everyone raves on you - you’re so hot,” Chanyeol says just as Baekhyun shuts him up with another kiss, his tongue immediately meeting with Chanyeol’s. As the heat between them starts to heighten up, the kiss deepens into a more harsh and demanding pace. They satisfy themselves even more by sneaking their hands into places they shouldn’t be – Chanyeol running his large hands down Baekhyun’s waist while the younger popping open the first few buttons of Chanyeol’s shirt in order for his hands to delve in the feel of toned muscles under their palms.

“Look, the movie is starting,” Chanyeol suddenly says, pulling away from an impatient and aroused Baekhyun. He strains his neck and looks over his shoulder. “I heard it’s a darn good movie, we shouldn’t miss this out-”

“Shut the up and kiss me more!” Baekhyun growls, weaving his fingers through Chanyeol’s disheveled lavender hair (the number of times he dyes his hair is ridiculous, Baekhyun doesn’t even take notice of his hair anymore) and pulling it back so Chanyeol would look back at him.

“ yeah, baby pull at my hair like that, satisfy this son of a ,” Chanyeol moans out of the blue, matched with a ridiculous expression that causes Baekhyun to burst out laughing.

“You’re such an idiot, I swear.”

“I know, I like it when you smile because of me,” Chanyeol winks. “Anyway, where were we? You want to just the movie and kiss me, right?”

“More like this is a ploy you orchestrated and the movie is just an excuse to be alone with me.”

“Huh? I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. “You can’t make me believe this wasn't intentional. Someone as greasy as you would come up with that.”

“Oh wow, you caught me~” Chanyeol singsongs as he kisses Baekhyun.

Closing his eyes, Baekhyun responds. This time, it’s softer than at first, their lips molding against each other in a sensual yet gentle dance of physical loving. Both of them were smiling too, their hearts seemingly about to burst out of their chests from being able to do this thing with the person they like.

Chanyeol leans away.

“Why did you stop?” Baekhyun mumbles.

“I suddenly feel flustered,” Chanyeol giggles, lips pursed as he tries to stop the idiotic smile across his face from spreading further. “This is making me feel so happy.”

“You’re so sappy,” Baekhyun complains as he leans his forehead against Chanyeol’s chest.

“I just really, really, really, like you a lot, Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol sighs, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s body, pulling him into his warmth.

“Me too,” Baekhyun closes his eyes and snuggles into his chest.

“I really do…”