Chapter 5: First Kiss, First Heart Break

Good To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I believed what you said about loving me

I wanted to believe that you would be different from other guys

Foolishly, i gave you my heart

 

The orange sky is soon turn dark and finally the farewell night come, all the senior year is coming one by one, with or without their partner; no one to judge since its never the rules to come with at the first place. One simple rule for sure tho, everyone put their maximal effort on looking attractive, from head to toe is look dashing in their formal attire.

The boys with their elegant but also manly tux or designed suit, and the girls put their best night gown, or some using mini dress to attract more bugs.

Chaerin however is dressing nothing out of normal, with her uniform and her trusty training pants, also her white converse when Jiyong come to see her at the back stage; preparing for the performers that will soon lite the night. She is carrying a clipboard with pen and set on one big box while waiting im front of the artist waiting room door, scribbling on the paper while humming to a song.

Its been a while since Jiyong hear her singing, and that just reminds her of how fast his heart can speed up just by imagining the old good days they spend together, when Chaerin was so clueless of what her feeling could grow overtime. The probability Jiyong never think.

Jiyong stand in front of her, make the girl jumps and dropped her clipboard. "What's this?" Jiyong ask, when he grab the clipboard and notice the doodles Chaerin just made.

"Nothing." She take it back from his hand. She looked at him from head to toe and make a face while nodding; satisfied with how Jiyong looks. "Sometimes i forgot that you have a good sense in fashion."  She said.

Jiyong can't help himself to smile at her remark while doing a pose to show off his charm even more. "Would you be my partner for tonight?" He ask in a formal manner as he stretch his hand to Chaerin.

"Sorry but i have to pass, i still have a lot to do." she said, almost too upset to herself for turning down such a good offer. "Beside, i can't be your partner with this kind of outfit, i'll look stupid." She joked to ease the mood.

She also notice how Jiyong's expression change and that is just bugging her, how he also look upset but cute at the same time, when he try to hold the expression in.

Jiyong sighed and set next to her. He then leans and rest his head on her shoulder, looking at the other; that using uniform like Chaerin, is also busy with their own task. "Did you know?" Chaerin try to break the icy mood.

"What?"

"We have a bar and Seungri is serving, you can get as much as you want." Chaerin said, in exaggerating cheerful tone.

"Is there any alcohol?" Jiyong ask, not really asking tone though since he sounds so dead inside.

Chaerin turned to him. "What do you think i am?" She ask.

"Exactly." Jiyong said. "Be my partner, be my partner." He continued, whines like a 5 years old kid throwing tantrum.

Chaerin sighed, she is about to answer when the waiting room door opened and the manager or the artist come out, he signaling Chaerin to come in; that the artist is ready for briefing. And being professional Chaerin jumps down the box and hurriedly collect herself, looking at Jiyong for the last time. "Wish me luck." She mumbled before going inside and the door closed in fron of Jiyong's face.

He know how hard it can be when dealing with an artist; since he consider himself one, but Chaerin didn't need any luck. She has everything to make anyone happy and being positive, just looking at her humble smile and awkwardness will forever disappear.

Chaerin went in and see the man is sitting on the sofa, is ready in his performance outfit. "Hi! I'm Chaerin." She greets, smiles widely at the guy who return her smile right away. "I'm here to tell you the rundown for the show tonight." Chaerin said, in pure English.

He stands up and giving his hand to shake with Chaerin, who gladly take it in a casual manner but not in an extant it would offend the other. "Hi, my name is Thomas or Diplo as you might already know." He said, giving Chaerin a teasing wink cuz he just like how the girl bring out herself, with enough confidence and casualty than make him somehow at ease even when he is in working mode.

He lets Chaerin to sit on the spot next to his to discuss what the rundown for the show, and its awesome, he likes it. And the most important he likes her. At the end of the discussion he sends Chaerin off the door himself, wearing the brightest smile on his face, he even wave at Chaerin who not knowingly just walk away towards Jiyong who is now waiting a little further away.

Jiyong is fuming, looking at the other guy smiling to her like that, looking at her like that. Jiyong feels his inside increasing in temperature, almost boiling.

"What are you doing oppa? The event will start soon." She ask, her expression telling him that she is a little at ease after finishing half her task. "You need to be at the ballroom at least." Chaerin continued.

Jiyong just sighed. "But my partner is still here." He said, half cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter