Chp 1 "Promise Me"

I.N.T.R.O.L.U.D.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Promise Me”

Date created: January 23rd, 2012

Date posted:  January 28th, 2012

Author: Chiiryu Jung

Genre: Angst/ Dark/ PG

Pairing: Implicit Yunjae

BETA: happy_girl89

 

 

“Jae!”

 

Yunho runs along the bumpy and muddy road. He runs in the dark, sort of a forest. The trees are dancing in a mad tune, with their leaves gnashing with each other... There is an endless pitch black between the trees to the forest within them. There is no light. There is no one here, except him and the car. The black car rumbles lowly meters away from Yunho.

 

Yunho pants. He keeps running but Jaejoong’s car also distanced away. Yunho runs and runs until the car stopped. He walks closer as Jaejoong steps out the car. Yunho feels so breaks as he sees a countless tears drip down his friend’s angelic face. Jaejoong is covering his mouth, crying hard.

 

Yunho is going to walk to Jaejoong when a strong arm wraps Jae’s skinny shoulder. Yoochun steps out from the darkness, or from the car, Yunho doesn’t know. Yunho stops as Yoochun also cries and continuously rubs his Hyung’s back. Jaejoong brings his head to Yoochun’s shoulder and cries louder. Yunho’s heart aches. That should be him who stands there. That should be him who hugs Jaejoong. That should be him who sweeps Jaejoong’s tears.

 

“Jaejoongie…”

 

“Hyung,”

 

Changmin’s presence cuts Yunho’s line. Like Yoochun’s, Changmin pops up from nowhere. Likes he was forming from the black dust. He stands on the other side of the elder of the three and hugs him as well. Yunho never saw their Maknae cried before in his entire life. He knew Changmin is a strong man with a great personality. He never cried for things that have a way to be solved. Because, Changmin knew that unsolved things will be solved once the five of them reunite.

 

“Changmin, why are you crying?” Yunho feels his eyes burn as he takes another step closer to the three of them. He starts to feel something is wrong here.

 

Then Junsu’s loud cry snaps Yunho’s ear. Yunho looks up the tiny figure that pops up from Yoochun’s back. The four of them are drown at their cries, hugging each other in misery.

 

“Yunho… Yunho…” Jaejoong cries louder.

 

“Jaejoong, I am here…”

 

His four precious, friends turned around to face him, Yunho stares back at them with a little reassuring smile. But then Junsu and Jaejoong’s face cringe in pain and continue sobbing. That time Yunho realizes that they weren’t looking at him. He follows their hurt stares as he turns around his body. There are people, men, in black suits.

 

The two men on the front line bring the round hanging lamp which faintly beaming their faces. The six men on the back are carrying a large wooden varnished coffin. The men walk in harmony with grace. It sounds like an orchestra song played in Yunho’s head. They walked through Yunho, likes they don’t even see him. Yunho’s eyes linger along the box and the men until they also walk pass Jaejoong, Junsu, Yoochun, and Changmin.

 

Jaejoong and Junsu almost fell on their knees if Yoochun and Changmin didn’t help them. Yoochun helps Junsu walk as Changmin does the same with the elder of the four. They walk behind the men, still crying.

 

“What…? What is this?” Yunho walks along with them but there is no answer. But Changmin slightly lifts his face to Yunho’s direction with his teary eyes.

“Changmin, what’s going on?”

 

Changmin doesn’t answer, instead he looks down once again as tears dim his sobbing face and he continues on walking, helping Jae to walk too. He only can hear their sobs in the heavy air.

 

“Hyung…. Hyung…” Junsu mumbles repeatedly behind his wet palms.

 

“Ssshh, Su…” Yoochun the cry baby rubs his hand on Junsu’s upper arm.

 

They stopped as the men who are carrying the coffin also stopped. Yunho gasps in horror as he realizes what event they are in now. There is a hole in the ground with a pole on the each side of the hole. He looks up at his friends and just realizes they are in black tuxedos. Yunho glances up just to find some of people he knows, his old friends, parents, family, also Jaejoong’s, Junsu’s, Yoochun’s, and Changmin’s parents. He throws his head around just to find another gravestone. They are in a private graveyard.

 

“Cha, Changmin, what is going on?” Yunho moves closer to the maknae as he ramming his eyes at every person who shed their tears. “Who is dead?”

 

They are dead in silence when the priest starts his prayer. “Let’s pray that all of his good deeds were accepted and his sins were forgiven. Our beloved son, great friend, and an inspiring person……. Jung Yunho.”

 

Yunho doesn’t know how he feels at the moment. He freezes at his stoned feet when the box was open for the last esteem from his relatives. He sees his own face. He sees his own body, laying there, wearing the best and good looking tux inside the box. His own eyes are closed. He has his both hands lay on his stomach. His perfect figure which was awed by millions of people is now laying motionless there.

 

“N, no… what….” Yunho stutters as he moves backwards.

 

He shakes his head in denial. It must be a dream. A horrible dream! But here he is now, watching his body, lying with no soul inside the casket and ready to be buried. This can’t be happening!

 

“No! This is a lie!” Yunho turns to his best friends. The four of them, crying as they looking at their Yunho. Jaejoong and Junsu already sat on the ground. “No! Jaejoong! I am here!!”

 

But his beautiful friend can’t hear his soul. Jaejoong is crying on the ground, heart breaking each second he sits there.

 

“Junsu, you can look at me, right?” Yunho turns to the cute man beside Jaejoong. “Tell me it's a bad joke! You are my cute dongsaeng, you can’t lie! You don’t lie, Junsu!”

 

Junsu doesn’t answer his Hyung, or like Jaejoong, he can’t hear Yunho. Instead Junsu is crying hard, calling his name so loud like Jaejoong does. The both of them keep telling the cold dark air that this is not happening, like Yunho his self, telling that this is a lie.

 

“Eomma! Appa!!” Yunho runs across the people to his parents. The old man and woman stand there faintly with wet face. His mother looks like she will faint in no time and his father keeps shut his eyes in pain.

 

“A, Appa, your son is here! That is not me! I'm here, Appa!” Yunho shouts as he feels tears forming in his eyes. Yunho chokes his sobs as he waiting his father answer then turns to a woman beside his father but his father doesn’t answer either.

 

“Eomma, you can’t be following this joke. Tell me this is a joke, please…” Yunho begs with a tear rolls down his cheek.

 

“This… This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter