Self

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uncle Jiwon!" A cringing chill ran up Jiwon's spine as he entered the party venue of Hanbin's son's first birthday with the father himself imitating a baby-like voice while holding up the center of today's party.

 

A huge smile was plastered on Minjae's face as she saw the baby boy dressed in a blue checkered polo and black pants paired off with the Mickey Mouse shoes she and Jiwon gave him on his first half year. Taking the baby from Hanbin, Minjae greets the parents while intoxicating herself with the bundle of Joy in the Lee-Kim families lives.

 

Jiwon and Hanbin exchanged greetings with a manly hug and Minjae was soon joined by Hanbin's wife Hayi.

 

From miles away, Minjae could see how Jiwon's expression lights up instantly while pointing at the decorations inside the venue. 'Probably discussing party planning'. Jiwon caught her looking at their direction and casted her a smile from where they were at in which she returned with a wave from the baby on her lap.

 

Minjae knows how much Jiwon wants a child. Jiwon gushes about the topic eversince Hanbin had his little baby boy and he wouldn't stop since then. Minjae finds it adorable how a grown man like her husband act that way everytime a topic like that came across their conversation.

 

Minjae sighs deeply as sadness clouds her gaze.

 

It's been 7 years since they have been married and they haven't had much luck in conceiving a child. Minjae knows that the problem lies on her.

 

Three years ago, Minjae broke the news to Jiwon that she was two months pregnant. Oh how happy Jiwon was but that happiness only lasted for the next three months because Minjae had a miscarriage due to complications.

 

They both tried not to touch the subject after that incident but thankfully, Minjae knows how to put on a happy face and merely said to Jiwon with a small smile "maybe it's not yet for us".

She remembers Jiwon hugging her after her words. "Don't worry, you'll be a daddy one day. We never know- maybe it'll come unexpectedly ".

 

Oh how much she wanted to laugh at her words. While reminiscing, Minjae's thoughts were broken by Hayi during the middle of their meal.

 

"You don't look too okay Minjae. What's wrong?" The question was not unheard by Jiwon who whips his attention from Talking to Hanbin about the upcoming share holders meeting to his wife whom was pointed out by Hayi.

 

"What's wrong?" He repeated. Minjae only looks up at them and smiles while shaking her head. "Nothing".

 

The party resumed and everyone had a great time celebrating with the couple but Minjae cannot brush off the anxiety she was feeling. It was eating her up and she doesn't even know what's causing her to feel this way.

 

The answer would come in unexpected events causing multiple heart aches.

 

//

 

Minjae was a very nice child and growing up with loving parents, she has never favored wrongdoings and instead opt to solve things rationally and as the saying goes in Cinderella "have courage and be kind" that is what exactly she is doing all her life. Same thing with Jiwon who grew up with a family who was barely making ends meet but still, they are happy as long as they are together.

 

Both of them humbled themselves throughout their lives, living with peace and a positive outlook in life but Minjae hates to admit that she felt uncomfortable one day, all of a sudden having Jiwon's ex girlfriend appear at the front of their house at Cheomdang-dong.

 

Failing to hide her shocked expression, Minjae waves it off and offers her to come inside with an awkward atmosphere.

 

Handing her a cup of cold coffee, Minjae sat across Mina who thinks that the couch she was sitting on right now costs more than her annual salary. Waving it off, she takes a deep breath before looking at the now Mrs. Kim. The last name she should've had.

 

"What brings you here?" MinJae's voice was mild and soft. Purely curious as to why Mina was in their house.

 

"Jiwon will be back in about half an hour" she adds and Mina nodded, proceeding to explain the real reason why she has come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter