7 - Animus

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 

 

Quaffing the drinks Donghyuk and Jinhwan bought for them in the hotel suite, Jiwon takes another swig at the beer can before Yunhyeong moves the set of beers out of his reach. 'At this rate we'll run out before it turns midnight' Yunhyeong thinks and offers the bowl of chips to the latter who without any second thoughts grabs a handful and stuffed his face with it. 

 

"Why is Jiwon hyung stress eating?" Chanwoo chimes in carrying more drinks and chips in his arms before Jinhwan helps him unpacking. 

 

"I'm not stress eating!" Jiwon argues for a while obviously loosing to the younger. "I'm just enjoying ok? I haven't been out for a while now"

Donghyuk narrows his vision at Jiwon and playfully scoffs. "You've been here for half a week and you're telling is you haven't been out for a while? Yeah right"

 

Jiwon sends him a glare and drinks the remaining contents of his beer can down. "What I meant was going out and actually having fun you dipship. For a smart guy with a PhD you're kinda dumb" The room exploded with laughter and Donghyuk whines at the group throwing stray chips at each of them. 

 

"But seriously Jiwon-ah, you should be enjoying this week. Your son is here with you for crying out loud!" Jinhwan says trying to proselytize Jiwon's way of thinking that this was not fun. 

 

"Yeah his son is here but so is the mom AKA the EX" Chanwoo states as-a-matter-of-factly and earns a glare from Chef Song getting a lecture about how rude it is for a child to bring up adult topics in which Chanwoo interjects with his own statement of 'I am a grown man who is capable to talk about men problems!' 

 

Yunhyeong flicks his forehead. "You're a child and that's that" but Chanwoo was having none of it, being the stubborn Maknae he was, he didn't let his side wither. "I happen to be an adult who has a stable job and is supporting my family well so i am Mature!"  "Oh please, you play computer games all day and night Chanwoo can't change my mind. Still a kid" Yunhyeong teases and Chanwoo growls in frustration. "First of all! I am a professional Gamer! PROFESSIONAL GAMER whh by the way happens to be the top ranking and top paid gamer in South Korea! Eat that!" 

 

Donghyuk shoos them away and got back to Jiwon who was recreantly refusing to go back to his own suite after drinking his 5th can of beer now. But somehow Jiwon was still kind of sober enough to talk to. 

 

"I don't want to go back just yet because Mina checks in on me and uses Junsu as an excuse to stay all night in my suite. Damn it that's why i booked two suites! Crazy " Jiwon slurs and shakes his head. Jinhwan and Donghyuk looks on and finds it odd that Jiwon's situation was like this. A few months ago they would see Jiwon and Minjae's recent escapade at the from of the newspaper and now this? The media will have a frenzy but the Jung's will have none of that because they paid the tabloids and media a hefty amount to completely stop publishing news about them and their family after they made the headline with the condition of Minjae's father. 

 

 

"You can stay here if you want Jiwon but I doubt you can fit on the tiny couch" Donghyuk points out and Jiwon wipes his face with his hands a few times before initiating another round for them. "I'll go back after were done. This is the most fun I've had in 72 hours" 

 

 

To say the least, Jiwon made it back to his suite at 6:30 in the morning with the help of Yunhyeong and Chanwoo since Donghyuk and Jinhwan were pissed drunk on the floor of their hotel room. After escorting Jiwon to his room, the two left and went back to the lift. As the lift doors opened, a woman came out and walked past them, unaware that the woman was Mina who was making her way to Jiwon's suite to get him ready for the day that was to come. 

 

The soporific state of Jiwon who just got back to his own room after drinking excessively with his friend not even having a wink of sleep was more than ready to slump on his bed and sleep for eternity. Right after he felt the soft cushion and the silky bedsheets welcome him, the door opens not a moment later and Mina comes in. 

 

At this rate Jiwon was ignoring everything and anything with his mind focusing on wanting to sleep and only sleep. 

 

"Jiwon what the heck? Did you drink?!" Mina asks loudly. Seeing the state Jiwon was in and felt angry at the sight. Jiwon said nothing but covered his face with the pillow to block out the light and Mina's voice obviously not wanting to indulge in a conversation. 

 

Yanking the covers and pillows off of Jiwon, Mina scowls feeling squalid and Jiwon shot up gave her a glare. The pounding in his head and his eyes begging him for some shut eye had him seething in annoyance with her constant nagging. 

 

"Jiwon! We were supposed to go out today! We were supposed to go to the aquarium and now i come here to see you drunk?! This was supposed to be our day Jiwon! OUR DAY!" Mina pokes at his chest hard while spewing more reasons as to why he looks irresponsible. 

 

"ING HELL SHUT UP!" Jiwon screams and covers his face while breathing heavily. "Yes i went out drinking with my friends in their suite until morning and YES! I am drunk right now but I don't want to fight and let this go one even more so just let me sleep!" Getting up and searching for his wallet, Jiwon took Mina's hand and shoves a Credit Card, his own credit card and not the Black Card that holds his and Minjae's joint account. 

 

"Go out and buy what you want. Do what you want but i want to sleep. And i am soooo ing sorry for getting drunk and i am sooooo sorry *hint the sarcasm* that i can not come with you today but i just really want to sleep so if you could just go on your way and leave that would be great" Jiwon looks at her waiting for Mina to move but she stood still and Jiwon was about to pull his own hair out of frustration. 

 

"You are unbelievable. You'd rather do nonsensical things with other people rather than spend time with your own son. You should've thought about that before you went out and got faced Jiwon. You have changed eversince that Minjae came in your life" the spite in her tone reached Jiwon's ears and seethed with rage. 'How dare she talk about Minjae like that? How dare you Mina?' crosses his mind and as much as he did not want to do it, he pulls her by the arms as gently as he could and drags her out the door while protesting. 

 

"That's it! We are going back to Seoul in the evening! No more staying here. I'll ask my assistant to book tickets for later and cancel the ones in three days you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter