06 - Long and Slow Morning

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|Long and Slow Morning - 06|

Checking the online portal of SITL, Jiwon was slightly  hoping that there would be a little problem wherein he would be called in immediately back to Cheomdang-dong to help fix it or some sort. If he were to be honest? Jiwon was already NOT looking forward to spending four more days in Jeju.

/JIWON/

I’m not as dense as people might think I am but in reality, I notice everything and if Minjae thinks I’m not aware of her distancing herself from me then she is wrong. 

On the other hand, if Mina thinks I don’t also notice the looks she has been giving my wife for the past few weeks even after all the favors Minjae did and is still doing for her and Junsu then she better get a reality check.

It’s not like I don’t want to spend time with my son, Heaven knows how much I would give for him to be always by my side, 7 years is long enough but I don’t want to feel my wife slowly drifting away from me in the process.

//

Looking at the view of the beach from their hotel room Jiwon thought back to when they almost lost everything and at that time he couldn’t even think of seeing a very beautiful view like this ever in his life. 

He sighed as he watches the waves hit the shore and instantly became calm but the unsettling feeling settling in his gut could not be thawed away by the beautiful view.

His train of thoughts were broken as soon as the doors to his hotel room opened and came in Junsu running to his father. 

Jiwon happily scoops him up and Mina watches the two men in her life.

“Bobby, Junsu wants to go to the water park later” Jiwon nods a bit and turns his attention back to Junsu who told him about his dreams last night.

Mina retreats to the living room to reserve three seats for the breakfast buffet downstairs and as much as Jiwon would rather just order room service, she wants to go out for once and let everyone see them as a family. 

Even if it isn’t true.
Looking back, the sight she Is seeing right now is what she has pictured years ago when she and Jiwon were still together, heck she even remembers their plans on having a cozy cottage at the province and owning a not-so-luxurious family car that they can drive around over the weekends after working the entire week. 

All of the dreams and plans they made together was reachable but the marriage between Jiwon and Minjae hindered that and for a moment Mina did hate the said girl but when Junsu came, she had to be mature for her son.

If she were to be honest? She couldn’t even count the nights she has spend crying, feeling all alone and helpless with a baby on the way and Mina felt sorry for herself even when Junsu came. All she thought about was ‘what if I told Bobby?’ and it took her a lot of self convincing before she finally decided to tell Jiwon about their child despite his marriage.

Junsu is the only thing she had after Jiwon left and coming back to Korea to seek help from him was a hard pill to swallow because it took her 7 years to face her former partner but it was also enlightening to finally see the man she once loved and still does.

Up to this day, she still loves Jiwon. But no one could ever know, just yet.
“Hey, uhm the recep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter