The Angel

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon knows Minjae as a compedious person who always kept things brief and in place.

It's past midnight and Jiwon lays awake in their King sized bed, alone and is left thinking on the whereabouts of his wife. Deciding to go look for her, he slips on his slippers and struts outside the bedroom.

 

Hearing the click of the mouse and someone typing on a keyboard, Jiwon squints his eyes at the living room which had no light whatsoever except for the light illuminating from the laptop of his wife accompanied by a lamp shade by the edge of the coffee table.

 

Rubbing his eyes while yawning, he approaches her figure and flops on the space on the couch next to her, snuggling without her consent.

 

"Hey, why are you up?" She asks and Jiwon burries his face on her neck. Murmuring some incoherent words.

 

"What?"

 

"I said i was looking for you. Woke up alone so here i am" his sleepy voice repeats. "What are you so busy about hmm?" He adds.

 

"I've contacted the owner of the house next to ours for Mina and Junsu as well as some furniture company who can ship items first thing tomorrow morning so i can start setting it up as soon as possible" Minjae answers nonchalantly catching Jiwon off guard.

 

"But love, it's past midnight and you-- well, we were just informed about them a few hours ago, you're already setting things up this fast" with his reply, Jiwon received a playful glare followed by a smile.

 

"Jiwon believe me, if they were just 'some' people trust me, I wouldn't even be doing this but they're not. They are a part of you and they need help. I'm just making sure that their stay here is well and comfortable "

The purity in her tone and the sincerity in her words makes Jiwon feel like the luckiest man in the world to have her by his side. And in his opinion, he really is one.

 

Pulling her in a tight hug, Jiwon chants multiple thank you's along with a kiss on his wife's cheek.

 

"Mr. Kim, you should get some rest, you're gonna meet your son tomorrow" the mere mention of his son sets his heart on a frenzy. Jiwon visibly gulps and Minjae gives his hand a reassuring squeeze as if telling him not to worry.

 

"I'll only go to sleep if you come with me" he says and Minjae gives him a pointed look. Seeing that Jiwon will not take no for an answer, Minjae sighs and closes her laptop.

 

A yelp escapes Minjae as Jiwon suddenly carries her bridal style up the stairs and in to their bedroom and lays her down, plunging himself next to her. Enveloping her in a tight embrace, Jiwon caresses her arms as she listens to his heartbeat.

 

"Jiwon? How do you feel?" The question made him think. 'How did he feel? Meeting a son he didn't know in less than 12 hours' Jiwon didn't know.

 

"Honestly, I've never been nervous in my life. Even more nervous when i met you " he jokes and Minjae gives an awkard laugh.

 

"Yeah~" she trails, thinking how to add more.

"Uhm.... I've looked at some of the best and most recommended doctors in Korea, and I've searched about Tay-Sachs Disease  too. Turns out ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter