First of Everything

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The park was soon filled with laughter as Junsu holds tight along the rails of the swing while Jiwon pushes him, Mina standing next to them witha phone in her hand making sure to capture picture of their first meeting and day as a complete family.

 

"Family" Mina thinks as she watches the light of her life being pushed by the former light of her life. How funny it must be to be here right now with the father of her child.

 

How ironic it was to be able to wallow and bask in the sight of what was destined to be. What was supposed to be.

 

Mina always knew that life was unfair but she never thought that even to her son with a disability at that, will ever suffer greater than what most people live with.

 

How unfair life definitely is. She thought bitterly but the sound of her son giggling brought her out of her train of thoughts.

 

"He seems to be tired " Jiwon says with a smile while looking at Junsu. Mina nods. "We should get something to eat then"

 

--

 

Jiwon's phone rings in the middle of their lunch. Mina idly looks at the device before feeding Junsu.

Jiwon hurriedly takes his phone, visibly startled at the sudden intrusion to their lunch date.

 

"Hello?" He answers seeing as it was his wife calling him.

"Jiwon, just wanted to tell you that the house next door is already done and they can come home with you later with their stuff so they can get settled"

 

As Jiwon's face smiles widely, Mina narrows her vision at him, feeling annoyed that someone, even if it is his wife, is interrupting their family time. She scowls lowly before returning her attention back to Junsu.

 

Jiwon beams at them happily as he tucks his phone in his pocket. Wiping his mouth he states "Minjae said you guys can move in today. We'll go to your apartment and get your stuff"

 

Mina returns his smile. "Really? That's great! But Bobby, do you think your car can handle our stuff?" Mina inquires.

 

Jiwon sat still. It has been so long since anyone called him Bobby. It was queer hearing it again from Mina after so many years. Something was pulling at his heartstrings as he faked a cough ang gulped down a glass of water.

 

"Oh- well, that won't be a problem. I'll text Minjae to bring her Car. It is a pick up truck after all" he says, visibly still taken aback.

 

Mina hides her smirk with a smile as she saw how flustered Jiwon was when she called him by his name that was only meant for her when they were still in ia.

 

"Let's go?" Mina says. "Junsu is done and I think so is daddy".

Jiwon chokes on his water yet again. An odd feeling stirring up his system.

 

--

 

As Junsu fell asleep at the back of the car, Mina who was sitting at the passenger seat was busy inquiring about Jiwon's life.

"So i see you finally got your dream car Bobby" Mina beams at him looking around while Jiwon drives.

 

"You've been wanting this car since we were teenagers right Bobby? And now you got it! I'm pretty sure this is all because of your hardwork"

 

Jiwon smiles.

"Honestly I wouldn't call it hard work. It's a funny story actually. Minjae saw my little notebook with scribbles on our 3rd anniversary- "

Mina cuts him off. "So she gave you a car as an anniversary gift?"

 

Jiwon shakes his head. "No, she saw the notebook on our anniversary, she gave me a 4x4 off-road bike." Jiwon smiles at the memory. "But then on my birthday, she handed me keys, I thought we were moving in a different house but i was thoroughly surprised when i looked closer to the keys and saw it was for a car. I almost myself when i saw there was a Hummer H3 SUV at our drive way. It was crazy"

 

Mina rolls her eyes at his story, suddenly feeling annoyed that she's in this car.

 

"Wait, you left on the first week of december right?" She asks and Jiwon replies with a "yeah".

 

"You got married a week later correct?" And again Jiwon nods.

 

"So your anniversary must be just before your birthday" She dawns in realization.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter