Dubious

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

wo weeks after having Mina and Junsu move in the house next to theirs, Jiwon noticed Minjae going out frequently and at one point she started leaving the house before he could wake up and get ready for work then going back home in the wee hours of the night.

 

It’s not like Jiwon wants to prohibit her from doing so but then again, it’s already 11pm and she is not here to welcome him with a loving hug and a kiss on the cheek telling him there’s food in the kitchen. Sighing as he loosens up his necktie, Jiwon was rummaging through the fridge looking for something to eat when he heard a car pull up along their drive way.

 

Opening the main doors, Jiwon was greeted with the sight of Minjae stepping out of her Truck and was having a hard time unloading the bags from the back seat. Unhesitant, Jiwon immediately helps his wife who in Jiwon’s mind looks lost and tired, he couldn’t be sure though since she was wearing her designer glasses.

 

Carrying at least 30 shopping bags, Minjae instructs him to just put it in their living room and leave it there as she goes to the kitchen to get a Mimosa. Jiwon was waiting for her to acknowledge him more but she just sat on the sofa that was surrounded by the shopping bags while scrolling through her phone. Jiwon sighs and sat next to her, wrapping his arms around her.

 

“I missed you” he mumbles and Minjae gave him a small smile. Setting her phone down, she turns to Jiwon with a peck on the cheek. “How was work?” she inquired, not even returning his sentiment. “It was fine. I finallyclosed the deal I’ve been working on for two months, thankfully they said yes”

As Minjae watches Jiwon, she can’t help but feel like she’s an alien in his world. Minjae knows Jiwon deserves so much more and she’ll make sure he gets exactly just that. She was in a trance until Jiwon pecked her lip now asking about her day.

 

“I see you went shopping love” Jiwon says and she nods. “Yeah, Was bored and got nothing to do so I went out for a drive then went shopping. Actually bought you an Armani Suit” Minjae says looking for the Bag with the item in it.

 

“Thankfully Yunhyeong was also in the store when I went in andhe helped me pick out a suit for you. He apparently knows your body proportion swell so I’m trusting that this will fit you very well” Minjae hands the suit   and he looks at it, wrapped in fine silk with a card for customers.“Love, where will I wear this anyway? It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just…you know, where?” Jiwon chuckles and Minjae smiles at him.

 

“Well it’s better to have an Armani suit laying around for emergencies” they both chuckled and Jiwon tucks in the suit back in its packaging as he cups both of her hands in his, kissing it.

“How about we go out next week? Just the two of us, maybe on a 2 day trip out of the city, then we can have dinner at a fancy restaurant so   wear this suit you bought me and I can see you rock a beautiful dress. How’s that sound love?” Jiwon was hopeful but Minjae shook her head. “Jiwon did you forget? Junsu asked if you could come with them to the beach for a week,you already filed for leave, maybe we can go next time okay?”

Jiwon’s face fell. How could he forget? ‘I guess I just missed you so much these past few days’ he thought.

 

“You can come with us you know. I don’t think I can manage a whole week without you” Minjae’s heart skips a beat. Jiwon’s words would always catch her off guard.

“But Jiwon, it’s time for you to spend quality time with them,with your son. Don’t you want that hmmm?” she asks while playing with his hair. Minjae really did just want Jiwon to spend time with them that’s why she's always going out hoping that Jiwon will drop by the house next door and may behave dinner with them or something.

Minjae feels guilty of having Jiwon to herself when in fact he belongs to them. Jiwon is just making everything hard by always wanting her to tag along. ‘He wasn’t like this before’ she thought but shrugged it off as she cups both his cheeks because he was now pouting at her.

“Look Jiwon, it’s you who they need there not me so I’m counting on you to be there for them okay? Cheer up bunny, we can always go out some other time ‘lright?” and with that she hugs him loosely but Jiwon hugs her tighter and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter