Not So Perfect Start

What Is Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Typical plots that are most likely to be read in stories today consists of :

•Arranged Marriage 
•One Sided Love
•Boy falls in love with girl along the way
•Happy Ending

Minjae chuckles as she reads her own handwriting from 13 years ago during her teenage years. It really brings back so much memories of her passion for writing. How she wanted to become the next best selling author as she captures her readers' hearts with every word from her but sadly, this was never the path drawn by her life.  She never did thought that what she has written so many years ago may actually happen to her. 

Sitting on the floor with her knees close to her chest, Minjae sadly looks at the ring on her finger. The pure Black Diamond sitting on a silver body along with smaller diamonds surrounding it was a sight to see. It was simply beautiful. 

Minjae looks around inside her room and wonders how could she share this room with her husband of 7 years but still feels like a hotel room. A room that has no trace of their marriage. A room that has no trace of them ever being together. 

Closing the 12 year old book and putting it back inside the box, Minjae hides it back in her walk in closet and churns out of the room. 
Looking at the clock and seeing it was 8:30 pm, she aimlessly trudges down the stairs as her heels clanck against the marbled floor of their majestic house. 

Being in an Arranged Marriage at the age of 22 was not in the list that she wanted to ever draw out but how can she defy her parents? "If this is their wish then so be it. I have no other choice". 

Oh how she dearly love her parents. How willing she was to do anything they asked her to do. Even marry a boy for the sake of helping out a good friend of her father's. 

She will never forget the day she was introduced to her now husband Jiwon. 

She remembers his awkard aura when they first got the chance to talk without their parents around. 

She remembers it perfectly. 

//
"So, did you like the food?" She warily asks the slightly older male who was accompanying her to a walk around the neighborhood and stopping to stay and sit on a swing at the park. 

"Uh- yeah- it was uhm... Good?" The boy meekly replies. "Never did have caviar before. Too expensive. I don't know why you rich people like that stuff so much" he spurts out which made her laugh. Finally! She thought. 
A guy who says what he thinks and not conceal it just because they're in front of her rich self. 

"Jiwon, I'm sorry you're in this mess." She sadly looks at him. 
"My parents told me you have a girlfriend back in ia but you had to break up with her in order for you to marry me." Her words were chosen carefully. As if she has rehearsed it many times already. 

"It's 'lright" his slang ian accent voices out. "After all, it's my family that needs help from your family so don't stress about it. I'll get over my ex as time passes by" he shrugs and slightly kicks the ground for his swing to move back and forth. 

"If you want-" she takes a breath. 
"I can ask them to not let us get married but still help your father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter