Time to Leave . . .

Assistant to MBLAQ?.... Noooo problem....

             When I got to my room, it was completely empty much to my surprise. Then, I almost face palmed. Of course! Lilly went to class! She never misses a single class, even though she’s the smartest girl in the school. Her stupid ability that gives her an advantage. Damn photographic memory.

             I dropped my contract on the bed and stared at it before turning my attention to our dorm room. I tried to pretend I was Lilly and take a mental image but of course it didn't ‘stick’ as she says it does.

             I inhaled all the nice scents of our collection of perfumes and lotions. Dropping myself on Lilly’s bed, I grabbed one of her many teddy bears and its head. Finally I couldn't contain my happiness anymore and jumped up, dancing to no music before I actually plugged my IPod into the radio and started blasting "Gee" by Girls' Generation. I could finally dance to music and sing at the same time, the happiness also put me in the mood to read the contract. So I grabbed it, and some wheat thins, and sat down on my own bed because I knew I couldn't read it while dancing around. I finished quickly and put the contract on my lap. 

             It almost seems as though I’m going to be a babysitter and an assistant at the same time. I was to make the schedule, and also make sure that they followed it, I had to travel around with them and I was the driver, I had to manage their time well, etc. Plus Lee Joon seemed to have almost a whole other schedule and I had to go around with him separately! Oh well, I would live. Despite the fact that I would be working with the dreaded MBLAQ, I didn't really mind the work. All I really have to do is follow them around and keep them on track.

             How hard could that be?

             Then the door suddenly opened and in came the auburn whirlwind I knew as Lilly, my dear dongsaeng. She was smiling and hopping up and down like the true bunny maknae she was.

 

             "Unnie!! We get to go spend Christmas with Appa and Umma!!" Lilly shouted out happily. Lilly absolutely adored her parents, she was always dying to find a way to spend time with them but because of the busy school schedule, she couldn’t. Plus, her parents lived in Japan and Lilly was in South Korea.

             As happy as I was to be able to see my technically “adopted” parents, I couldn't force a smile back to my face despite Lilly's hopping and excitement. Finally, she noticed my sudden grim mood and stopped her happiness which only made me feel worst.

 

             "Unnie? What’s wrong?" Lilly asked with a tilt of her head. This girl is going to kill me.

 

             How could I leave her? There was just no way!

             . . . But I had to.

 

             I sighed and pulled Lilly into a hug. Despite her small size, she hugged me with the same intensity. I took a deep breath and tried to give Lilly the bad news.

 

             "Lilly . . . I-I have to leave." Lilly gave me a look of confusion before horrified understanding washed over her face.

 

             "What? No! Unnie I'll go talk to that headmas-!" Lilly was trying to protest. I shook my head and tried to calm her imagination down.

 

             "No, no Lilly not like that!" I didn't know how to explain so I picked up the contract that fell onto the floor when I was jumping around and gave it to Lilly to read. She didn't show any emotion as she slowly read each page with a straight face. Finally, she gave it back to me, along with a sad look.

 

             "So you're leaving me for MBLAQ Unnie?" I was about to answer but then Lilly burst out laughing. I was really confused and thought to myself; maybe she went crazy from sadness?

             Nope that couldn't be it . . .

 

             "Lilly sweetheart, are you okay? Do you need a doctor? Or maybe some freaking sleeping pills?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Normally I don't raise my voice unless my emotions are all in a jumble but that's exactly how I felt now. Finally, Lilly gained control of herself and looked at me with her big green eyes like an innocent child. I should have known better.

 

             "I'm not THAT sad Unnie." Lilly said with a big smile. Wait, Huh??

 

             "What are you saying Lilly?" I asked, suspiciously of Lilly’s quick turn-over of emotions.

 

             "Wow, it is quiiiiet. We should probably put some music." Lilly said as she her heel and walked towards the stereo.
 

             "Don't try to change the subject you evil bunny maknae!" I shouted after her and place my hands on my hips like a mother would do. She clapped her hands like a child in return.

 

             "I'm a bunny? Alright!" I began to tap my foot, and Lilly giggled softly before looking at me with one of her rare serious faces. "C'mooon Rin,” Lilly whined exasperatedly. “It's not like we were never going to get separated at some point. We're in college for Christ sake" She threw up her hands at this. "There are times when we have to be an adult about things too, no matter how much we don’t like it." I was shocked at how reasonable she sounded and it dawned on me how childishly I had been acting. It seemed like our roles had been reversed. I was the child and Lilly was the adult.

 

             "Damn smarty pants . . ." I mumbled to myself before lying down on my bed and pulling the covers over my head . . .

 

(Time Skip)

             The next few weeks of December seemed to fly by quickly. In the weeks before Christmas, Tyler seemed to be everywhere Lilly and I were, so we eventually we became somewhat friends. This was a huge feat for me, but he seemed to be trying really hard. I allowed myself to pity his efforts just a little. One thing that worried me was that anytime I was around Tyler some of the girls gave me weird looks and I couldn't understand why. It unnerved me.

             Eventually I got around to signing the contract (with some threats from Lilly) and giving it over to the headmaster before we left for our Christmas trip. Seeing Lilly's parents again was a treat and we had a blast. They gave us personal tours of the winter Hokkaido and we had a HUGE multicultural Christmas meal. Plus Lilly's mom was the best cook. Before we left they also took us to some of the southern island to get away from the cold for awhile. All too soon it was time to say goodbye and it was back to Korea for about 1 more week.

             Finally, I found myself in the bus terminal with a teary eyed Lilly, an optimistic Tyler and the headmaster waiting for the bus that would take me for a 5-hour-ride to my destination and my new life . . .

.=.{END OF CHAPTER}.=.

             Miki here again~! ^^ I just saw Bunny's added note below mine in chapter two~ D'aww :'D Anyways, iluvcookiez, here's the next chapter since you commented :D I see two subscribers but only one person com-men-ting~! That's a no-no ;P Mehrooong~ Okay, I'm done fooling around . . . I think. Damn, I was gonna say something else now I forgot . . . Oh yeah, I have a whole week off from school~! :D So until Monday the 27th, I will most likely be on a story-updating-frenzy >:3 I'm taking one-shot requests now too! Just to relieve my boredom :D