Mayday

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"What the hell have you done to my son?" A slap immediately landed on Jackson's cheeks as soon as they entered the room.

Jinyoung who was pretending to be in deep sleep, quickly bring himself up from the bed, "Mum!" He shouted to the middle-aged woman who was standing beside his bed, "Why would you slap him? It was not his fault!"

"It's okay, Jinyoung," Jackson assured his friend with a slight smile plastered on his face. Why did Jackson need to act like he was okay when obviously he was not? Jinyoung looked at the latter, worries were written on his face. Jackson then wiped the blood on the side of his lips caused by the woman's slap. His cheek was also scratched slightly as the woman wore quite a lot of accessories all over her wrist.

Jinyoung scoffed, "What do you mean by okay?" He glared his mother who was still staring at Jackson as if he was the person she hated the most in the entire universe.

Jackson is actually a friend that Jinyoung met while he was in kindergarten. He didn't come from a rich family nor from a well-known family. Maybe that's one of the reason why his parents weren't really happy when they know that Jinyoung is friends with someone like Jackson. Maybe.

But then, Jinyoung didn't really care about that because at least he had someone that he could trust the most in his life.

Somehow, when their parents knew that Jackson's sister got married with one of Tuan's family son, which is the most prestigious family that owns almost half of the hospitals existed in Korea, their treatment towards Jackson suddenly changed. It improved somehow, someway. They always asked Jackson on how was his day, and when will he even invited his brother-in-law to their house. They were being all annoying and make such a fuss on it.

And Jackson thought it's a good thing because at least he got some attention from Jinyoung's parents.

But that didn't last long when Jinyoung's mother blamed him for her son's incident when obviously, Jackson did stop him a moment ago. Yet, Jackson wanted to admit that it's really his fault because somehow, he's the only one who knows about Jinyoung's illness (other than Mark of course), so he should have stopped Jinyoung earlier.

He should stop Jinyoung from going.

It was entirely  his fault.

"Dear, are you okay?" The woman approached Jinyoung and put both of her hands on his shoulders but Jinyoung quickly nodged it.

"Go away," Jinyoung said to both of his parents, "If you're here to hurt my friend, just go and never come back," He sneered; looking a little too annoyed with his parents' existence.

His dad, looking a little bit angry butted in, "Tell us, what's wrong with you?" His voice sounds rough but he could hear a hint of worry in his old, rusty voice.

"Stop pretending like you care about me," Jinyoung paused as he clenched his left fist, "Because you never care," He spoke the words in whispered tone as he knows those would only hurt him and not anyone else. His parents will never actually care. Never.

His mother took a sit on the side of the bed and grabbed her son's hand, "Hey, we always care about you, Jinyoung," Jinyoung didn't know why but those words sounds like a total crap and lie to him. Maybe because he has never heard it before, "We truly love you, Jinyoung. You're the only son we have,"

"You care only because I'm the only one who could continue your legacy," Jinyoung's lips slightly curved upward, forming a mocking smile, "Stop being hypocrite and leave my room now," He pointed out towards the exit door as he glared at both of his parents, "Don't make me call the guard and force you to get out from my room,"

Jinyoung was never rude to his parents. He was gentle and obedient. But this time, he was deadly serious about it. And they probably didn't want to see the consequences of making the boy lost his sanity. So, at the end, his parents left the room and instead they decided to just ask the doctor about their son's condition. That would be the best.

Because they know Jinyoung would never tell them about it.

Jackson who was there standing like a fool and watched the weekdays drama by the family finally opened his mouth, "Are you okay, Jinyoung?" He carefully asked as he was afraid that Jinyoung was still in an unstable condition at the moment.

"Yeah," Jinyoung heaved out a sigh of frustration, "Jackson," He shifted his eyes on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter