Sign

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"How was it?" Jackson asked as soon as Jinyoung walked out from the doctor room. Jinyoung passed a slight smile towards his friend before he slowly shook his head; trying to tell that there's nothing wrong with him.

Jinyoung then took a sit on the bench infront of the room. He lowered his head and let out a deep sigh; obviously could be heard by his friend  whom sitting beside him. Jackson shifted his eyes on Jinyoung but he didn't dare to ask anything since he was afraid that it might hurt the boy even more.

Plus, Jinyoung would eventually tell him about it. He just needs to wait for a right time.

Jinyoung slowly lifted his head up and turned to look at Jackson, "I want to go home," He said with  a low tone voice. Jinyoung stood up from the place he sits and walked out from the hospital.

Jackson looked at the boy's back and he knows he's in the biggest despair at the moment. He decided to go to the counter and asked about what the doctor told Jinyoung.

"Hey," He greeted the nurse who was doing some works at the counter. The woman raised her head up and looked at him with a frown, "Does Doctor Tuan has any patients at the moment?" Jackson asked.

The nurse then checked the monitor beside her, "He doesn't have any appointment now," She claimed.

Jackson's lips curved upwards form a smile, "Then, can I see him now?" The woman immediately nodded her head since she got no right to block him from seeing his brother-in-law. Jackson made his way to Doctor Tuan's room and knocked the door. When he heard that the man asked him to enter the room, Jackson quietly twisted the knob and took a step forward into the room.

The man was looking at his tablet; checking his patient's list while having a cup of coffee in his hand. He lifted his head up when he saw a pair of legs standing infront of his desk, "Jackson?" He frowned to see the boy, "Oh, yes, Jinyoung came here a moment ago, right?" His face lightened up upon remembering it, "Have a sit,"

Jackson took a sit infront of the man, "Mark, let me ask you one thing," He said and the man called Mark raised both of his eyebrows; waiting for his next words, "Is there anything bad happened to Jinyoung?"

"Jinyoung didn't tell you anything about it?" The man frowned as he passed the tablet he held before to the boy infront of him, "He really needs to undergoes operation as soon as possible,"

The boy looked at the prescription displayed on the screen. No matter how many times he read it, he just couldn't understand it, "Wait," He said with his eyes still locked on the screen, "I don't get it. So you want to say that Jinyoung might lost his vision if he didn't get the operation?" Jackson barely could brain the news; it sounds like a lie to him. Why would Jinyoung goes blind? He has always been the healthiest one, "I just don't get it,"

Mark let out a silent sigh as he looked at his wife's brother. It has been 3 years since Mark married to Jackson's sister. And the fact that Mark was actually a senior to Jackson when they're in school probably made them less awkward. He guessed, "Okay, look," Mark was about to explain things on Jinyoung to him, "Glaucoma could be treat as long as he agreed to do the operation. But if he didn't by time, his vision will get worser and he could lost his vision forever which is in other words, he could be blind,"

"You're kidding, right?" Jackson's lips slightly curved upwards as he could feel that the man was joking around him since he pulled lot of pranks on Jackson lately.

Mark bit his lower lips, he felt really bad that he needs to spill out the truth because lying will never be his type especially when it involving someone's life, "I'm sorry Jackson," He apologized, "But I could assure you Jinyoung will be okay as long as he undergoes the operation," Mark explained, "So just talk to him about it, okay?"

Jackson frustratedly grabbed his head using his both hands before letting out a loud deep sigh, "I'll try," He told the man as he muttered it.

 

XXX

 

"Why are you so late?" Jinyoung asked as soon as Jackson got into the car and took the driver seat. Jackson looked at his friend's face that look extremely calm as if there's nothing happened to him. 

Jackson's lips slightly curved upward form a small smile, "Sorry, Mark wants to see me," He gave an excuse before he started the car's engine, "Where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter