Eyes On You

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Jinyoung, don't you think you need to go and see a doctor?" Jackson suggested as he looked at his friend with a worried face. Jinyoung recently started to occasionally lose his vision though it's only for a short span of time.

Jinyoung's lips curved upwards while his hand busily rubbing his left eye, "It's nothing, okay." He claimed trying to assure the latter that he was perfectly fine, "It's probably because the lack of sleep lately," Jinyoung tried to remain positive about the situation he was having.

Lately, Jinyoung lose his vision quite frequently than he usually did. But he never really took it seriously; he assumed there wouldn't be any problem even if he didn't want to go to see a doctor.

Plus, he's been too busy with tons of assignment given by his lecturer. It's not like he actually wants to study the course that he is currently majoring,  it's just that he's being forced to take the course. Ever since he entered university, he could feel that he was getting lesser attention from both of his parents. No more nagging, no more sudden gathering, it's all...quiet. As if Jinyoung never existed in their life.

In one week, he could count with only one hand on how many times he saw his parents. Though he was never close to them, he still walked on the red carpet his parents had prepared for him.

 

xxx

 

Jinyoung was walking alone down the hallway after finishing all of his classes for today. He had no idea on what he should do now, he tried to look for Jackson but it seemed like the latter refused to pick up his call, which it would either mean that Jackson was really busy; or he was too busy sleeping in his room.

His eyes locked on an unfamiliar building located not too far from his faculty. Jinyoung squinted his eyes to get a clear look of the sign of the building, "Art gallery?" He muttered and scratched his head involuntarily.

He never knew that his university had an art gallery. Well, not bad. At the very least, he had something that he likes in the university. He looked at his wrist watch and it was only 3 in the afternoon, it was too early for him to go home, he thought. And no one would be there too. So, Jinyoung decided to take a stroll inside of the gallery instead. 

He walked towards the gallery, his steps were light and bouncy. He was quite excited. He halted when suddenly someone called for him. "Jinyoung!" The boy turned around and his eyes met with a girl who was approaching him. He needed to squint his eyes to see the person clearly. Wow, his vision was really putting a limit for his daily activities. He should go and see a doctor as soon as possible. He concluded that it could not wait anymore.

"Yeah?"

The girl put her hand together, lowering her head, "You know that," She stuttered, "Um," She was hesitating for a while and Jinyoung waited for her patiently, "Nothing," The girl said and left the boy behind cluelessly.

"What a weird girl," Jinyoung shrugged and continued his journey to the gallery. He pushed the door infront of him and took a step forward into the gallery. Jinyoung looked around the gallery and just like he thought, no one except him was in there.

Art will always be the last choice for people nowadays. There's so little people who really did appreciate it.

And there's Jinyoung who loved art more than anything. Art was basically the only thing that could make him happy in so many ways. Maybe these collections could be in his latest photobook?

Jinyoung had always been dreaming to release the collection of his photobooks to the public but he wasn't sure if anyone would buy it. Well, he's nothing without both of his parents. And knowing that his parents never supported his dream to be a professional photographer, maybe he should just keep the dream for himself.

He took out the DSLR camera from his bag. Since there's no prohibition on taking pictures in here,  he thought there would be no problem for him to take some pictures in here. The DSLR camera was actually a present for his 12th birthday. Because Jinyoung said he wanted to have one. So their parents bought him one.

Well, basically they gave him a credit card and told him to buy it by himself. That would be the perfect way to explain a 'birthday gift' from his parents. As Jinyoung said, his family was 'almost perfect'. But it will never be perfect for him.

The art gallery looks simple on the outside but grand on the inside (obviously only those who appreciated arts knew about it).

As he took some pictures of the painting hanging in the gallery, his eyes fell on the only person that was standing in the gallery. He looked around him and she was the only person there. She's the first person he saw in the gallery.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter