Let Me

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Mum, dad," Jinyoung's eyes moved to the left and right as he tried to beg for understanding from both of his parents, "I told you for so many times that I want to be a professional photographer, not a businessman," He let out a frustration sigh, "You know that I have no intention to be the new CEO to your company. You do know that right?"

A furious expression could be seen on his dad's face, he seemed a little too annoyed, "Park Jinyoung," He called out for his son, his voice coming out stern and raspy, "Whether you like it or not, you need to take over our company. It has always been decided that it's going to be you. By next week you will start attending university in Seoul and that's my final decision," His dad made a statement before leaving the living room and entered his own office room in the house. He never looked back at Jinyoung who was struggling to delete the idea from his father's mind.

"Mum," This time, Jinyoung tried to persuade his mum about it but his mum just simply gave him a shook as she left to the kitchen, "Damn it," He slammed his body on the sofa beside him and he let out a really loud frustration sigh. Even the soft material against his skin could not ease and comfort him. "I hate my life, seriously,"

To be the only son in the super-duper humble yet rich family sure brought a lot of stress to him. People, most people, looked at their family as one of the happiest family ever existed in Korea since his dad was a successful businessman. He owned the biggest property development company while his mother is a prestigious lawyer in her firm. She was the best lawyer they ever had.

His family was almost perfect. So, how are they supposed to let their son to merely be a photographer when there was no guarantee that he will be successful in his career?

That was it. Jinyoung gave up.

 

xxx

 

"Maybe you should just listen to your parent's words. It's for the best anyway. No matter how much we hate something, their words would never fail you." His friend said to Jinyoung who was busy capturing the beautiful views around him. The view was breathtakingly beautiful that he could not let his eyes left the scenery before him for a second.

Jinyoung let out a deep sigh, "But I want to be a photographer, Jackson," He complained. When will he could ever get someone that truly understand him? Why couldn't people see that his so-happy life was not really happy and he was actually suffering inside?

Jackson put his hand on the latter's shoulders, "Hey, it's your parent's wish okay? You should at least try to please their heart," He gave an advice to Jinyoung, "They're the ones who raised you until you become a big-headed like this," Jackson emphasized on the word 'big-headed' in his statement. He let out a soft chuckle when he saw Jinyoung's annoyed face.

"Jackson," Jinyoung gave a glare towards his only bestfriend. He definitely was not pleased. Jackson was the only friend that he could trust in telling all about his life, "You know that my parents never really spend their time with me," Jackson nodded his head, "Then what the hell are you talking about?! They're not the one who raised me up, it was me who raised myself," He corrected his statement.

Ever since he was child, he could probably count using his fingers on how many times they've spent their times together. He barely could even remember when was the last time they had a dinner together.

Maybe a month ago?

Or was it a year ago?

Wait, it could not possibly be 10 years ago right?

Jinyoung was not sure of it.

Just, his parents never really cared about him and his daily activities. That was why he said his family was 'almost' perfect. His parents were never the best parents.

He had already learned how to survive in this cruel world, it was an impact from him being left alone for almost everyday in that big house. And that was why he wanted to be a photographer. Because when he's lonely, these pictures he took will accompany him in his lonely days. They may could not have a proper conversation with him but just by looking at the sceneries, it gave him peace he never felt when his parents was around.

People could say he's being ungrateful after all the things his parents had done for him. Yes, he lived over his parent's wealth. But that did not mean they could decide on w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter