See The Light

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been a week since Doyoung left the house and it has been exceptionally dull these days. Even her siblings have been avoiding their own sister, distancing theirself from anywhere around her. Jisoo couldn't do anything other than observing the twins from afar.

Jisoo too, she tried so hard. She tried so hard looking for Doyoung. Yesterday, she went to the hospital where Doyoung worked at for the nth times. Mark would likely bore to see her face every single day but then he knows why she's acting like that.

She felt lost when Doyoung left her behind.

Today, too, Jisoo was already getting herself ready to go to the hospital when her phone rang, indicated someone calling for her. She snatched her phone out from the handbag she props on the bed and responded to it, "Hello?" Jisoo greeted the caller without even looking at the screen.

"Oh, Mark," Her face brightened up upon regarding the voice. He must have something to inform her, "Why are you calling me?" She urged, but the following words coming out from the boy flustered her, a lot, "What do you mean by that? How could he---,"

Her words stayed incomplete when the phone slipped out from her grip, fell on the floor while she was still trying to grasp the reality. Tears started to form, but she held it back as she knows it wasn't the time yet for her to cry. She still has the chance to bring him back. Jisoo needs to bring Doyoung back into her life.

She wiped the tears that barely escaping her eyes, grabbed her handbag and sprinted out from the house. The engine has been , and it's only the time could destine everything; whether she could see him again for the last time or... it will end up as another tragedy in her life.

"Doyoung is leaving for Melbourne today,"

Mark's words forced her to step on the pedal, immediately increasing the car speed that it was only required 10 minutes for her to land at the airport. She took a step into the airport; the cold breeze from the air conditioner attacked her and only then she realized she wore only one piece of clothes despite of the cold weather.

She went straight to the receptionist asking if the flight to Melbourne already depart or not but turned out the plane for that day has been delayed for several hours because of the weather. Jisoo could take a sigh a relief but then she still wasn't confident if Doyoung is still in this place or not.

Jisoo helplessly wandered around the airport, trying to find for a familiar figure but there's no one managed to catch her attention. She kept herself walking backward when suddenly she bumped into someone, "Sorry," She bowed, as she rotated her body around to apologize.

"No, that's okay," The latter assured her as she flashed an unusually dazzling smile towards Jisoo, "I need to go now," She gave a slight bow before gradually missing from Jisoo's vision.

When she was about to walk away, someone called for her name, "Jisoo?" A familiar voice could be heard, but it wasn't the voice she wanted to hear right now. It's the voice she wanted to avoid. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter