+CHERRY PIE

BOYS LIKE YOU

πŸ‰ +CHERRY PIE

--

I got that something I know you can't resist
I'm gonna make you feel it when I blow you that kiss

---

"Hey, Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun perks from his seat as he hears his name being boisterously called by none other than the obnoxiously loud Kim Jongdae who is now, surprisingly, his friend. A lot of heads turn their way, the latter being shamelessly loud and all that.

Baekhyun smiles at the smiling boy.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he beams at Jongdae.

His friend's nose scrunches for a bit and he laughs like the idiot he is, blushing beet-red.

What is he up to now? Baekhyun thinks.

Jongdae is still blushing like a mad tomato and sputtering nonsense while giggling, and Baekhyun thinks about what has he done in the past to deserve such a horrible sight. More horrible than his sister's love antics may he add.

"Sorry for the unintended intermission," Jongdae coughs, covering his mouth.

"It's... fine. I've enjoyed it nonetheless," Baekhyun says, rolling his eyes.

"I know I'm quite good at entertaining people. Damn. I should be a comedian!"

"So what brings you here?"

Jongdae once again blushes.

"Hehe... I don't have the right to be this giddy, but Chanyeol asked me to give this to you," he says shyly and brings a white note to Baekhyun's annoyed face.

Baekhyun just stares at the paper for a second before bringing up his hand to pull it gently out of his friend's grasp. The latter then giggles once again and skips away.

Confused and curious, Baekhyun reads the words that are in black ink on the page written in a very nice handwriting.

He finds himself gulping and sweating at the words, heart beating fairly fast, thinking about the boy behind them.

(You have no idea how fast my heart beats when I see you.)

He can only facepalm at Chanyeol's cringy pick-up line that is, once again, sent to him by Jongdae. It has been, like, a habit by Chanyeol to give Baekhyun a note everyday since their little confession that day in English classβ€” I mean, assignment. How silly of me, he he.

And the act always makes Baekhyun blush in his seat like there's no tomorrow.Β 

But the blush on his face turns even a deep red when he notices other words at the back of the paper.

Meet me at the rooftop after school. Fail to show up and you'll never see my perfection again.

-GM

"Damn. He's so obsessed with himself."

--

"Oh Sehun a.k.a. Demigod, notice me! Notice me, oppa!"

Baekhyun glares at his sister who is currently chasing a poor boy through the hallway, garnering a crowd of spectators. Said boy's boyfriend just laughs beside Baekhyun.

"Aren't they cute? Man, your sister is, like, the most hyper thing in the world!" Kai elbows Baekhyun. "Can I have her as my pet?"

Baekhyun shoots the younger a dirty look.

"Just because she has the appearance of a micronutrient-deficient chicken doesn't make her one. And, no, you can't have her as pet," he says.

"Whyyyy," the boy whines, flailing his hands in the air.

"Because she's my sister?"

"Fine. But I still want her as pet."

"Hey, are you okay with her being like this to your boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Like she'd ever take Sehun from me. She actually looks like a nice pet."

"Fine then."

An arm suddenly wraps itself around Baekhyun's shoulders and his breath hitches as he recognizes the scent.

"Hi, Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispers right into the elder's ear, sending shivers down his spine.

Baekhyun looks up at the younger, face flushing. He elbows him playfully.

"It's Baekhyun-hyung to you. How many times do I have to say that?" he groans but the younger just squeezed himself into his body even more. "Stop it. You're suffocating me, Park!"

"Hey! Why do you always never call me by my name?"

"I'll just go after Hun, okay?" Kai excuses himself, grinning from ear to ear at the the boys in front of him. The boy dashes right away.

"Because I don't want to," Baekhyun huffs, facing Chanyeol.

"Fine. I'll make you say it," Chanyeol says in a low voice, smirking. The elder gulps at the expression on his face. "And scream it so loud the neighbors start complaining..."

"What theβ€”"

"Hahaha! I'm just kidding, Park!"

"Fck you, Park!"

"Not here, Byun."

"Urgh!"

--

He smiles to himself as he sees his stolen pic of Chanyeol during yesterday's English class. In the photo, the boy has his eyes upwards as if pondering something over. Baekhyun has found it cute so he has taken a picture of it and now he can't even stop smiling.

"Stalker much, are we?"

His thoughts are cut by an all too familiar voice from his side that causes him to fix himself and close his phone.

He stares at Chanyeol, annoyed.

"I know I'm perfect and all that. You don't have to worry you got caught," the younger nonchalantly says. "I'm used to it."

Baekhyun can only internally groan.

"When will you ever shut up about your perfection?"

"When will you ever say my name?"

Chanyeol only mirrors the elder's glare.

Baekhyun thinks to himself about the words.

What is keeping him not to mention the younger's name?

Does he not like the sound of Chanyeol's name?

But he knows.

He doesn't want to say Chanyeol's name yet because he has decided that he'll only mention it when he finally says "yes" to him. If the boy ever asks him to be his boyfriend that is.

"I have my reasons," Baekhyun says, completely neglecting the topic as he brings his notebook to his desk and reads his notes.

He doesn't notice the hurt look on Chanyeol's face.

That afternoon, he doesn't find the tall boy at the rooftop after school.

--

"Has anyone seen Park Chanyeol?" he has been asking everyone that morning over and over, but the students have only glared at him. He has asked EXO and they have only shrugged their shoulders at him.

And right now, a sympathetic Suho is currently saying words of comfort to him.

"Maybe he doesn't want to come to school today?" the elder asks, patting Baekhyun's back.

He shoots Suho an irritated look.

"He never skips school, hyung. You of all people know that," Baekhyun huffs, feeling even smaller by the minute. "What if he's mad about me not calling him by his name? I mean, I did confess to him and I mentioned his name, but that was only one time."

"Chanyeol might be stupid at times, but he isn't that shallow," the elder tells him.

"Then why?"

"I don't know, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun can only stare at his feet.

"What's his address?"

Suho shoots his head up at the question.

"What?"

"I'll go to his house."

--

Skipping school is bad.

But for Chanyeol, hell, Baekhyun will do it on any day.

Riding his bike down the streets, he clutches the rose he has bought from a shop earlier. The box of chocolates in his bag jiggles as he scoots towards Chanyeol's home.Β 

Suho has told him the address and Baekhyun may or may not have groaned too loud because it's too far. But he'll cross oceans for the boy he likes so it doesn't matter at all.

He enters the mini forest Suho has warned him of hungry wolves dwelling there, but he only shrugs the thought as he passes through it. He sees the gate of the house from a bunch of trees lining the driveway. Coming to a slow pedal, he stops right in front of the gate that is painted with gray. He can see the house through the rails and, man, is it huge. It is like one of those houses on TV actors and famous people own.

He isn't surprised, though. Aside from being perfect and all that, Chanyeol is hella rich, too.

He gulps and feels sweat already trailing down his clenched jaw.

"You can do this, Baekhyun," he tells himself.

"Hey, hey, what are you doing here, kid?"

He whips his head to the questioning guard who's on duty. The man has his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm visiting Chanyeol, sir. Is he somehow here?" Baekhyun asks.

"Yea. Are you his friend or something?" the guard asks back.

Baekhyun nods his head and the gates swing open. He enters the gate and walks on the well-paved ground. A fountain in the center catches his attention, making his jaw drop slightly.

I know he's rich as fck, but I didn't know he's rich THIS fck, he thinks.

He is welcomed by a maid who immediately ushers him to young master's bedroom upstairs. He can't help but stare at the expensive chandelier in the living room as they pass by. Already upstairs, the maid leaves him in front of a room with a big white door. He thinks this must be Chanyeol's room.

He in a deep breath and knocks, putting on a smile.

He knocks twice.

He knocks thrice.

He fumbles with the doorknob and notices that it's not locked so he enters the room quietly.

A huge room with walls plastered with posters of boybands 1D and 5SOS and a lot of super heroes greets his sight. His mouth gapes at the huge black closet standing near the window. There's also a guitar hanging by the wall. Chanyeol's room is quite neat, he must say.

And the boy is not here.

He frowns when he feels his legs already giving up from too much standing, but perks up when he hears the bathroom door open, revealing a messy-haired, close-eyed, red-nosed Chanyeol who is still in his pajamas.

"Holy , you look like ," Baekhyun finds himself exclaiming.

The taller boy's eyes fly open and Baekhyun finds himself covering his ears as Chanyeol shrieks.

--

Apparently, Chanyeol has not come to school for he has overslept.Β 

Thinking of Baekhyun all night, the younger has reasoned that has only made the elder blush even further.

Baekhyun is currently sitting at the edge of Chanyeol's bed while the younger fixes himself in front of the mirror for two hours now.Β 

Baekhyun scrunches his face for the nth time.

"You know what, I wouldn't mind if you aren't wearing anything at all. I'd still talk to you," he finds himself saying, but regrets after when Chanyeol whips his head to Baekhyun's way and sends the elder a wink. "It doesn't mean like that..."

The younger is now in a plain black V-neck shirt which showcased his toned chest and pants that hug his thighs too tight that Baekhyun feels he might suffocate if he ever stares too much at those darn muscled limbs.

"It does. To me, at least," Chanyeol says smirking, strutting his way towards the flushing elder.

"Y-you don't have to s-sway your hips like that, Park," Baekhyun huffs, internally fanning himself because it's getting hot here, isn't it?

The taller one just moves his hips even more gracefully like a ballerina would and Baekhyun closes his eyes.

"But you like it, though. You even said it was ethereal," the younger scoffs, folding his arms.

Baekhyun's ears turn red as he remembers that one hell of an assignment of them that has ended to an unplanned confession.

"We don't talk about that anymore, okay?" he says, opening an eye at the younger.

Chanyeol nods and plops beside him. He hugs the elder's waist, pulling him closer and placing his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Thanks for the flower and chocolate, hm? You could've told me. We would've just picked more in the garden," he mutters, unconsciously playing with Baekhyun's soft ear.

The elder tenses at the soft tone Chanyeol has used. He feels his heart slow down and something in his stomach twitches as the younger keeps making unnecessary mewling sounds.

"Stop it, Park. You aren't a girl," Baekhyun nervously laughs.

The younger only hugs him even more and lays them down on the bed, facing each other.

Baekhyun marvels at the younger's upturned nose that he has loved and the black eyebrows that enhances the younger's pretty large eyes. The boy smiles and Baekhyun finds himself counting the tiny crinkles on Chanyeol's face.

"Ethereal," Baekhyun suddenly blurts out and clears his throat as the younger shoots him a knowing look. "I mean... your eyes... Your eyes..."

"Make the stars look like they're not shining?"

"Oh, God, stop it, Park."

"You're being so cute right now that I want to kiss you."

Baekhyun's eyes fly open at what the younger has said. He gives Chanyeol a shocked face, earning a giggle from the younger.

And before he knows it, Chanyeol is already inching his face closer and closer... and closer.

"Fck it," Baekhyun mumbles and snakes his hand around Chanyeol's neck as he kisses him eagerly.

Chanyeol kisses him back sloppily.

It's a sweet one; with their teeth clashing awkwardly. But it's sweet nonetheless.

It's like candy.

It's like honey.

It's their first kiss.

And Baekhyun can hear the butterflies in his stomach fluttering.

The two break apart to catch their breaths and Chanyeol laughs and looks at the ceiling.

"Wow. That was..." he says.

"Ethereal?" Baekhyun asks.

The younger glances at him and grins. "Yeah."

Baekhyun pulls Chanyeol's body closer and stares at the younger.

He thinks it's time.

He's now ready to say it.

But before he can even speak, Chanyeol beats him to it.

"I think I love you, Baekhyun-hyung."

Baekhyun's lips turn upwards into a smile and he finds himself saying,

"I think I love you, too, Chanyeol."

The younger shyly looks up at him. "Really?"

Baekhyun nods, blushing. "Yes."

They are smiling at each other so wide that their cheeks hurt.

And as Chanyeol nuzzles his nose into Baekhyun's soft cheek, his breath tickling the elder's nose, Baekhyun thinks they're okay.

He thinks this is ethereal.

And he will always remember this.

---

END.