FREAKIN'

BOYS LIKE YOU

πŸ‰ FREAKIN'

---

Thinkin' of your love and my heart beats like a drum

---

"So..." Wendy's smirking face invades my view of the school park outside as she starts to say something while I try to chew a big- piece of my cheeseburger.

We're in the cafeteria now, lunchtime.

One of the un-perks of being a loner and having a sister is that you get to be friends with her friends, too. Which in my case, is not very fun at all. And I mean, girls.

I lift my eyebrow at Wendy, completely annoyed by her presence.

What gossip is she gonna talk about this time?

Is the school Hyuna pregnant again?

Did Sehun and Kai do it again in the boys' bathroom?

Has Jo Kwon finally announced to the whole school that he's gay?

Or one of the school's losers and nerds got beat up by EXO again?

Chewing harder, I motion for her to continue. She smiles with a mischievous glint in her eyes and almost shouts,

"How does it feel like to kiss The Golden Man Park Chanyeol's hot neck?"

Wtf.

I find myself in a coughing fit after her words.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And what?

Kiss his neck?

I grimace at the pain in my throat when I try to let out coherent words. She pats my back with furrowed eyebrows.

"Are you okay, Baekhyun-ssi?" she asks, still patting my back so hard I can feel my lungs being ripped off.

I nod at her to reassure her that I'm fine, grab my milk, and sip it. Once feeling my throat empty again, I look up at her with a frown.

"What?!" I exclaim, causing other students to look our way.

"Don't give me that look, Baekhyun. You know what I'm talking about," she says with a smirk and winks. "Everybody saw what you did earlier. Y'know, kissing the life out of The Golden Man Park Chanyeol's neckβ€”"

"What the hell was that, Baekhyun??" I hear another annoying voice behind me that squeaks way too familiar. I then find myself in a headlock with Seulgi as she keeps on shouting profanities into my poor ear.

Something's really wrong with this girl. How am I even siblings with her?

God, I can't breathe!

"W-what areβ€”" I try to speak, struggling to remove her deadly grip on my precious head, but only ends up on me being strangled by her.

I can't fcking breathe!

"Nooo! That wasn't part of the plan – that never was!" she continues to scream like the little witch she is. "You're not supposed to kiss him, traitor!"

Damn that fcking kiss again! Like, big deal?

I finally have the chance to pinch her arm hard so she stops strangling me and starts her never-ending whining again.

Facing her with my most stern and irritated look, I cross my arms.

"First of all, it was never my intention to kiss his hot neck or whatever skin that was," I explain, rolling my eyes on the word and Seulgi gasping at it. I hear Wendy snicker in the background. "Big deal? And what? Traitor? No, no, you don't say that."

Seulgi huffs and points at my lips.

"But still, you can't deny the fact that that chicken- lips of yours touched his glorious, golden neck," she says with anime heart eyes looking up, dragging out each word smoothly like she's spreading Nutella. Horrible. She returns her gaze at me and smiles evilly, fishing for something in her pocket. Her white hanky comes into view and before I know it, she's pressing it onto my lips.

What the actual fck.

Before I can even say a thing, she's already strutting outside the cafe and sniffing the life out of her hanky.

My mouth goes agape. What a weird sister.

Shaking my head, I turn back to speak to Wendy but she's gone finally. I shrug and smile to myself as I bring my cheeseburger back to my mouth to continue my chowing down but a voice stops me from doing so.

"Byun Baekhyun?"

My head looks up and I see a familiar face in front of me smiling widelyβ€”

Oh, my God! Spare my life. This is Healing Unicorn Lay of EXO right in my face!

He's a male, yes. But he's a queen in this school! And he isn't even gayβ€” well, maybe he is because the way he looks at their leader is just so gross you'll see rabbits in the moon. Grrr.

He must've seen my internal struggling for he clamps a hand over his pink lips and lets out a heavenly laugh.

"Don't look so terrified. I don't bite... much," he says with a grin that has me gasping. "Kidding! Anyways, my lovely presence is just here to give you this."

He slips something into my sweater without me protesting because damn, he really is beautiful like what they say.

After giving me a wink, he marches out of my sight.

Sighing, I insert my hand inside my sweater to get what he's given me and scrunch my nose in wonder as I feel something like paper. I hastily pull it out and bring it to my face.

Indeed, it's paper... with a note written in a really nice handwriting.

Meet me at the back of A building after school. Fail to show up and you'll never see my perfection again.

- GM

I stare at the white paper in disbelief.

Great..

"Who the hell is this 'GM' anyway?" I mutter to myself and roll my eyes because wow, I feel so threatened. Like, really. "And what perfection is this one talking about? I don't even know someone named Gβ€”"

Then my eyes flutter wide open as I read the note again and realize...

"Holy sh--"

Golden Man.

--

The bell rings and my classmates scream like excited little kids as they hurry out of English class, Mr. Lee shouting assignments in the background.

I let my head fall on my desk face-first and grumble at the pain.

I'm not ready to face that boy. And why would he want to see me? I've spent the whole afternoon thinking why, why, why he would want to.

But then again, he's one of the school's bad boys and I'm one of the school's losers and maybe I now know why he would want to see me – to probably beat my .

Grr. Boys like me should not really associate with boys like him.

We're just so different.

Cursing, I drag my feet out of the classroom and into the hallway then swing left to go to A building.

I heave a low sigh and fix my hair. Damn it, Baekhyun. It'll just get messy again with your session with him later.

Boy, how weird does it sound like.

As I turn another left to go to the back of the building, I already see him leaning coolly on a vandalized wall and showing me his usual smirk.

He's on his usual getup: all black and white clothes and expensive shoes.

If I were a girl, I would've had a tiny admiration on this guy because, alright, he's drop-dead, rich, cool, smart and all that.

But then... I'm not a girl.

"You came," he says as I get closer and come to a stop just a few meters away from him.

I roll my eyes at him and speak, "No, I didn't. I'm clearly just a walking picture, you see."

His smirk falters and turns into a sneer of annoyance.

"Now, don't get all sassy on me," he huffs and stands, inching closer. "I should probably be breaking your bones by now. You should be glad I ain't."

Slightly scared by his taunting, I shut my mouth and nod my head.

"W-whatever," I mumble as I look at anything but him. "So... uhm, why'd you want me here?"

I tighten my grip on the strap of my backpack and scratch my shoe on the floor, staring down. I hear him sigh and suddenly he's lifting up my face by holding up my chin using his fingers. He stares deep into my eyes, making me flustered.

What the hell is he doing?

"Tell me, Baekhyun, do you have a crush on me?" he suddenly blurts out.

Wtf is this?

My eyes fly open, my senses fully awake now.

"W-what? What did you say?" I stutter as I push his hand away.

How did this boy even know my name?

"Nothing. I just said, you're cute... But you're totally deaf," he deadpans.

The fck am I witnessing?

Is The Golden Man Park Chanyeol trying to flirt with me?

"W-what the hell... I should really avoid boys like you," I say, already backing off to make my leave but he snickers loud. He falls on the floor, laughing his off, clutching his stomach. Wtf is wrong with this dude?

He stands like he just came from the grave and looks at me stoic.

"Of course, I'm just kidding with you. You should've seen your face!" he says and laughs again. The horror.

I stare at him, now pissed, my left eye twitching.

After what seems like five minutes of him rolling on the floor and spitting mockery, he finally stands again and fixes himself. He puts on his smirk again.

"Really. You see, I've been receiving these... gifts almost everyday that'd be left on or inside my locker," he starts, voice low as if he's afraid someone could hear us. He purses his lips. "And today, I received a bunch and... you were there. I got curious for the first time. So let me ask you. Did you see any of those freaks put it there? Do you know one?"

Oh, yes. I totally know a freak named Seulgi.

But even though I have a slight dislike on my sister, I'm not telling on her. So I shake my head.

"Sorry. I didn't see anyone," I lie. "I was just passing by, you know?"

He blinks twice. "Oh."

I nod at him. "Yeah.."

"OK. You may go now," he says, rolling his eyes. "Useless trash."

My face brightens and I happily skip out of the place even though he just called me trash.

Phew. That was really close, Baekhyun.

But before I could turn right to leave, I slightly look back and see him pondering and looking up at the sky like he's in deep thought.

And, boy, does he look cute.

---Β