002

Be My Playlist

Yoongi seated comfortably at the back of the bus with his headphones on his ear. He looked out at the window. The night sky was gloomy and clouds were gathered together. A flash of sudden lightning lit up the dark horizon. Soon after came the sound of thunder and raindrops started to fall violently. He sighs and leaned back against the back of the seat. The bus came to stop at the main bus stop of downtown Daegu. Rowdy passengers boarded the bus, shaking the bus side to side. Leaving not an inch of space, the bus was now packed with tired passengers trying to get back home as soon as they could. Then came a petite young girl trying to brush her way through the back of the bus but got sandwiched in between a muscular young man and a plus size women instead. Her hands snake through a bunch of arms, trying to grip for the handle before she could lose her balance.

The petite young girl had wavy black but slightly dark brown locks that rested just below her shoulders. She had straight brows and dark almond round eyes. A small unique dot was dotted below her right eyes. Her lips at the corner formed a curve displaying quite slightly like a smile. Ah, it's her again. Yoongi had taken notice of the usual school girl that he shared the bus ride with and both of them had stopped at the same bus stop too. Looking at the girl being sandwiched between the woman and men, he quite pitied her. Getting squeezed in public transportation during the peak timing could be quite awful. He took a look at her again, something's about her is different today. Yoongi took another glance at her face, eyebags formed under her eyes and she had a shade of pink blush on her cheeks.

As the bus came to a sudden halt, passengers were being thrown aside before they could balance back on their two feet. The schoolgirl that was being sandwiched had a hard time regaining her composure when the rowdy passengers were pushing her roughly as they try to alight from the bus, that stopped right in front of the subway station. After that awful ordeal, she looked around and saw an empty seat beside the blonde guy that she's familiar seeing around. She swings her backpack forward before taking a seat right next to him. After getting comfortable in her seat, she dozes right off real quick. After-all, it was a Friday night and the week had been an awful hectic for her. Her head was swaying from right to left, nothing to support her sleepyhead.

Yoongi looked out of the window thinking about the groceries that he had to buy to replenish his nearly empty refrigerator. Of course, instant noodles were one of them. As he glances to his right, trying to take a peek from the girl he knew, her phone screen lights up. At the top of the screen showed a text message preview from someone asking her 'Where are you? I'm going to lock the door if you don't get back here in time before your curfew.' the message then disappears to her notification bar. A familiar album art showed on the screen, with a music player bar on top of it indicating she's two minutes into the music. The girl's head suddenly rested on Yoongi's shoulder, he startled a-bit before contemplating whether he should wake her up. But in the end, he let her head rest on his shoulder throughout their bus journey.

Yoongi woke the girl two minutes in advance before their stop. Realizing that she had been sleeping on his shoulder for quite some time, she quickly bowed and apologized to him. Yoongi just smiled it away, giving her the 'It's alright' look. As both of them got up and walked to the exit door, the bus came to a sudden halt causing only Yoongi to bump hardly onto the girl next to him. This time, he apologizes quickly when her face turned into a displeased look as she rubs her arms that got hit by him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Yoongi said as both of them alighted the bus.

It took a while for her to respond. When she did, she looked up to him and smiled bitterly, "Ah it's fine. It's alright. I just happened to hurt my right arm so it was actually kind of hurt when you bumped into me. And I want to apologize again. I think I slept on your shoulder for a while."

"Oh no, it's alright. I bet you're tired. Well... yeah..."

"Right... Thanks..." she paused awkwardly, "Bye..." she smiled before walking away to her usual route.

Yoongi does too. He scratched his head. Did that just happen? After a few months of seeing each other almost every day on the bus, they finally interacted with each other? He shook the thoughts away and went to the nearest mart, just a walk away from his small apartment to get his groceries before going back home to burn the midnight oil to finish his work.

Yuna took small steps as she thought about the incident earlier. She was quite amazed by how tough and rough he looks but his voice was low but soft. Her perception of him changed today after that incident. After all, she thought that he might be a gangster who works for someone big but who knows? He actually might. However, his behavior and manners tell her otherwise. Yuna took out her phone to check the time, and quickly quicken her pace when she read the message from her stepmom.

The day ended with both of them having one step forward towards each other, getting to know slowly.