006

Be My Playlist

"We got a call an hour ago from the States, from your grandmother that your brother got into an accident. We are still not sure what accident it is and how big it is. We'll be catching a plane in about a few hours so I'm here to inform you that you will have to be on your own for two weeks more or less to monitor your brother and also we have some unfinished business to attend to in the States." Her father paused for a short while catching his breath and trying to regain composure. 

"We've told Jungkook's family about this so they will also be helping you with chores and dinners. We will also update you if any happens, alright?" 

Yuna nods, "Okay father." 

With that, Yuna's parents were busy packing their stuff hurriedly since they had to catch the next available plane to the States. Yuna was still sitting on the couch thinking of what in the world had happened to her brother. Her thoughts were disrupted when a doorbell rang from the intercom. Yuna got up and saw Jungkook and his parents on the screen. She pressed the unlock door button to let them in. 

Yuna bowed to his parents," Uncle, what are you doing here?" 

"Ah, your parents called us to take care of you." He replied and ruffled her hair in an adoring way. 

Jungkook's parents had considered Yuna as their daughter after spending almost all of her life with them. Jungkook's parents had raised her ever since she was little since her parents were busy dealing with work. Jungkook's family was also her family too but ever since Yuna had gotten matured and wiser, she tried to be independent and not to depend on his family too much. While both Jungkook and Yuna were growing up, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon always took extra care of Yuna and aiding her needs every time instead of their son, Jungkook. Which makes Yuna felt bad every time and also Yuna tries her best to repay their love and care by stopping by their family restaurant after school hours when she has time and also spending Christmas or holidays with them. And when she had extra pocket money, she bought them little gifts. 

Yuna's parents were done with packing and were ready to leave for States. 

"Thank you so much for coming and helping Jinwoo and Minsun on such short and sudden notice." Mrs. Jinah, Yuna's mother apologized for the inconvenience. 

"It's okay. And I hope Yunseong is okay. Please call us when you get there alright?" 

Both of their parents had a small conversation before Mr. and Mrs. Kim left. Jungkook and Yuna were just sitting on the couch not saying anything. 

"It's already 2 am, Yuna. Go shower and sleep. I believe you have cram classes tomorrow. I'll bring some breakfast okay? I'm sure there's nothing big happen to your brother." Mrs. Jeon patted Yuna's back. 

"We'll be going now. If you need anything just come next door okay?" Mr. Jeon said before walking to the door. 

"Dad- I." Jungkook had an eye contact conversation with his dad, asking if he could just stay here with Yuna who had been quiet all these while and was looking extremely gloomy. 

His father just nods and understood the situation quickly before leaving with his mom. 

Jungkook rubs Yuna back, "Don't worry Yuna. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything bad. And I'm sure your brother wouldn't want you to be worried. Come, go and shower, get out from these dirty school uniforms." Which made Yuna realized that she hadn't changed ever since she got home. 

Jungkoook tilts and lowers his head to her level. He could see some tears forming at the corner of her eyes. Jungkook then brought her into a hug, rubbing her back and patted her head as he used to whenever Yuna was feeling down and sad. It took a few minutes for Yuna to regain back her composure. 

Yuna broke the hug and said softly, "Thank you Jungkook." 

Jungkook smiled at her back, "Now go and get a shower." 

Yuna stood up to walk back to her room and then paused when Jungkook stayed on the couch. 

"Are you gonna sleep here tonight?" She asks. 

Jungkook nods, "I think you might need a friend and besides, you owe me one movie marathon night." 

Yuna opens and wanted to say something different but she closed and then opens again, "Okay fine but you're making us some snacks to eat with." 

"Roger." Jungkook got up and walks to the kitchen to see if there's anything to cook and eat for the movie marathon.  

Days like this are when Yuna needed some company and someone to help her to take away her mind on things, especially her brother, Yunseong which she is very close to. Yun Seong is someone that needed extra care and help medically. He is someone that constantly needs medical attention and also would often have to go for operations. Apart from Yunseong, Yuna also had another brother which is the oldest in the family, Yunsol. Who is also in the States to complete his studies. Jungkook knows how much Yuna loves her brother Yunseong a lot. Ever since they were little, Yunseong took great care of Yuna and Jungkook when their parents were out for work or his generally busy. 

Jungkook took a look at the refrigerator freezer and saw some straight cut fries and nuggets to fry. He pulls them out and pops some of them on the air fryer. He then walks to the living room to set up the movies that they will be watching. He took the remote from the table and put on the first movie of Harry Potter on. Just in time, Yuna had done with her shower and went out with her pajamas and phone in hand with her hair still wet. 

Yuna walks to the kitchen to grab some can soda from the fridge, "What are you cooking?" 

"I popped some nugget and french fries on the air fryer. It'll be done in a minute or a few." Jungkook replied from the sofa, setting up the speaker. 

Yuna went through the stovetop and saw her mother had cooked some kimchi stew for dinner and had some leftover. "Jungkook, do you some kimchi stew?" Yuna asks while heating it. 

She hadn't had a proper meal throughout the day. She only had the onigiri ball for lunch and some choco pastry a few hours ago. Yuna was still hungry and the kimchi stew was perfect for her hungry stomach. 

"Sure!" 

Yuna scooped out some rice from the cooker and put it into two bowls. Just in time, the fries and nuggets were done cooking too. Yuna took out and set in on a plate before bringing out on the table. After they had set up the table with food and settled down, Jungkook played Harry Potter and the Philosopher stone on. 

Both Yuna and Jungkook sat comfortably next to each other while eating their hot kimchi stew with chicken nuggets along. Even though they had watched the movie multiple times on different occasions, Yuna never grew tired of it Yuna is a huge potter head. She had some official merch when their family went to the Universal Studios in Osaka and bought a wand, she also had some pretty fan merch from online which she fell in love with. Last year, she took the house quiz from Pottermore and gotten into the Slytherin house. Jungkook and said it's the house of Voldemort and that there are only bad people in the house, which is not true to Yuna. She was actually in love with Draco Malfoy for a weird reason and found that the young Tom Riddle was hot and had a crush on him for a week. Jungkook could only shake his head while watching Yuna fangirls over the Harry Potter series. And don't get started with the Fantastic Beasts series. 

It was into the middle part of the second movie when Yuna's eyes were getting heavy. It was a very long day for her and because of the weather change, it made her weak. As her eyes were closing, Yuna dropped her head hanging to the side. Jungkook, on the other hand, was still wide awake and was busy eating the french fries, dipping it on the hot sauce. He looked to the side and caught Yuna asleep. He shook his head and smile, bringing her head to rest on his shoulder. 

The ending credits came up and Jungkook looked to his side to see Yuna was still in a deep sleep. He gently and carefully carried her on his arms to lay her on her bed in her bedroom. Jungkook set her down and pulled the cover just above her chest. He took a while and looked at her sleeping face. Yuna looked peaceful in her sleep, she had a natural pink blush on her cheeks, even when she's asleep, the corner of her lips curls a little which formed a delicate soft smile. She had a natural structured nose bridge which everyone seems to believe that she had cosmetic surgery done but she had inherited it from her grandfather. She also had thick but short eyelashes, which looks pretty when she iron curls. As Jungkook tucks her hair away behind her ears, the back of his hand brushes away on her warm forehead which made him compare his to hers. 

Does she have a fever? 

Yuna's forehead was warm enough to feel like she has a fever but Jungkook pushes the thoughts away as he didn't see any signs of her sneezing or coughing earlier. Jungkook pulled the door closed behind him and then proceed to clean the living room, washing the plates which they had used earlier to eat while watching Harry Potter. After cleaning all the mess, he went back to his house to grab his blanket and pillows before going back to Yuna's to stay over the night.