007

Be My Playlist

The sun rays crept over between the small opening of her white curtains and the birds chirped louder than usual which makes Yuna tossed in her sleep and then eventually wakes up to the sound of someone's trying to drill a wall early in the morning. Feeling annoyed, Yuna gets out of her bed and made her way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. As she walks to the kitchen, Jungkook was already awake and was watching an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix.

"It's already 9 am, aren't you late from your class?" Jungkook asks.

"I won't. It starts at 1 pm so I have more than enough time to get ready." Yuna took a sip from her bottle.

"Mom is already preparing breakfast. Come on." Jungkook switches off the television and folds his blankets before dragging Yuna over to his house for breakfast.

Yuna and Jungkook family had a Japanese bento style as breakfast, one of Yuna's favorite. As Jungkook's mom runs a small store selling streetfood corn dog, tteokbokki, and also Korean and Japanese lunchboxes, Yuna had always bought her lunchboxes from there. When she doesn't have enough time to queue up to buy meals for her cram classes, she always had relied on Jungkook's moms' meals. Of course, Jungkook's mom would add plenty of rice and meat. Even though she had eaten those lunchboxes for years, she didn't grow tired of it. After the delicious breakfast at Jungkook's Yuna went back to her home to get ready for her foreign class.

Yuna sat on her bed with her phone on her hands.

Have they reached yet?

She sighs. Worried sick for her brother and there wasn't any news of him yet. On the very back of her mind, Yuna had been thinking the worse but she didn't want anything to happen to him so she tried pushing away those thoughts, and to go get ready for her class. She pushes her wardrobe door to pick out an outfit to wear for the day. She scanned through the row of clothes before picking out a plain black long-sleeved turtle neck top and grabbed denim outerwear to wear on top of it. And as for the bottom, she wore loose denim jeans to complete the look. After she had set for the outfit, Yuna went over to her dresser to put on simple skincare and a bb cream over before applying her favorite pink shade color on her lips. Yuna took out the hair curler before setting her bangs in place and top her head with a simple beige beret and she was done getting dressed for her class. After getting dressed and gotten her things ready, Yuna head out and locked the door behind her. Just in time, the door opposite her creaked open and Jungkook was seen going out too. He had a duffel bag sling on his shoulders and a soccer ball held in his hand. Jungkook was seen wearing a white jersey that tightly fits into him which caused the jersey to hug his skin slightly and his muscular biceps and physique could be seen through just by him wearing his school soccer jersey.

"You had training today? I thought you had it last week?" Yuna asked, making sure the door behind was locked.

"Two of our members were injured last week so we couldn't do well. The coach told us to come for this week as well, I don't know why but because of him I had to cancel my plans." Jungkook said.

"What plans? Plans with your friends?" Yuna asks as they walk to the elevator.

Jungkook shook his head, "No, Yuna. We were supposed to go on a date, remember?"

"What date? You just want me to go dinner with you and pick out some clothes for you. Is that called a date? Between friends?" Yuna pressed the elevator button and looked up on the screen to see that the elevator is on the first floor and might take a while to go up.

"Oh god, Yuna. I swear you're dumb, this is why you don't have any friends, let alone, a boyfriend." Jungkook ruffled her hair.

It would be a lie if Yuna's heart didn't beat for him as fast as the Shinkansen could go. Of course, Yuna's heart flutters, from the littlest thing like being together with him to him wrapping his arms around her whenever she's sad. The movie marathon night that she had with him, the little meals they had together, Yuna cherish them all. Yuna wasn't planning to confess her feelings anytime soon, or ever. She didn't want to destroy the friendship that they build ever since they were a kid. And besides, Jungkook has been telling her that he might have a crush on the hottest popular girl in school and that how the girl has been saying hi to him whenever they crossed the path. With that, Yuna just plans to keep the feelings a secret and hope that eventually she will not grow any feelings for him.

Yuna and Jungkook bid goodbyes to each other at the junction as they were both heading towards the opposite directions. Yuna walked further down the main road and crossed to get to the opposite side of the road. She looked at the time on her phone and still had more than enough time to get more writing supplies that she had used up. Yuna went into Artbox and grab a small basket on the side and walk to the notebook section to get new notebooks to write down notes. She counted the number of subjects that she had taken and estimate the number of notebooks she needs to get to last her throughout the semester. After she had made her choice on the notebooks she should get, Yuna went to the stationary section and got ink refillers for her pens. She also got some Midliner highlighters to highlight her notes. After a good 20 minutes of picking out the things she needs, she made her way to the cashier but stopped along the way when her eyes saw something that she thought she needs to get her hands on it. Yuna walked over to the accessories corner and picked out a small cute keychain of a white electric guitar. Yuna smiled looking at it and decided to put it in on her basket. It didn't take her seconds to think about getting those, she just knew that she needed it.

Yuna stretches her back and she had been sitting for too long in the class. She then took down notes from the board as the lecturer explains the meaning to it. As time goes by, Yuna was getting restless and wished that the lecturer would end the class earlier as she wasn't in the mood to study. As she was stretching her hands out and zoned out a little, the lecturer decides to end the class as he had covered all of the topics needed to. With that, Yuna packs her things up and hurriedly exits the learning center. By the time she came out, the sun was setting and the streetlamps were lit up one by one like dominos falling. Yuna stuffed her earphones on her ears and scroll through her playlists.

What song should I listen to?

Yuna didn't feel like listening to any songs that she listens to before but for some reason, she wanted to listen to Hello by NU'EST. She opens up her Mel0n app and searches for the song. As the music was playing, Yuna starts walking to wherever her feet bring her to as she didn't have any direction or destination today and didn't felt like going home early since there's no one at home. Yuna is better off somewhere that will make her feel anything but empty and sad. Yuna took a 30-minute bus to downtown where streets are busy and crowded crowds are everywhere. After Yuna had alighted from the bus stop, she walked down to the subway line and walked straight until she was in the exit 4 before climbing stairs and arrived in the opposite street she was from when she alighted the bus. She walked straight to the main street and turned to a small alley before she reached an old building. Yuna walked into the building and a delicious smell of fried rice welcomes her in, her stomach growls and stopped in her tracks.

Right, I haven't eaten dinner yet. Should I get fried rice?

Yuna walks into the small restaurant and ordered a plate of tuna fried rice. As she was waiting for her order, she received a text message.