001

Be My Playlist

It's almost 11 pm in downtown Daegu. The shops were all closed and people were seen walking back to their homes looking shagged and tired. The streets were almost deserted by the time Yuna had reached the bus stop. A few students and adults were waiting patiently for the bus while some were playing with their phones or just listening to the music on their headphones while staring blankly to the night sky. Yuna on the other hand had a small notebook on her hand trying to memorize words that she had written during her cram classes. The wind started to blew viciously in her direction, leaving them shivering in cold. A few were seen snuggling into their coats for warmth. The weather has been windy and rainy lately and colder than before.

Yuna's usual bus could be seen right around the corner and pulled just in-front of a group of people trying to rush and get to the bus. Yuna was the last one to get on the bus, tapping her t-card on the reader before brushing her way through the people to get to the end of the bus. She slips her notebook from earlier into her pockets and took her headphones out to listen to her favorite artists' playlist on Soundcloud. The soft instrumental started filling through her headphones and she grips on the bus handle as the bus drove to a corner. Yuna took a moment to look around the bus and spotted the usuals who took the 11 pm bus ride. Right at the last seat, sat a young 20 something guy who wore a white t-shirt underneath a black hoodie that has embroidered words Tony Montana across the fabric. His ears were stuffed with a black wired headphone while he looked out at the bus window. It's that blonde guy again. Yuna had taken notice to the guy that she had seen for almost months riding the same bus, at the same timing.

She then glances around at the front. Passengers from working adults, students, and elders. They looked quite lethargic from their owns activity even though it's only Tuesday. Some were dozing off while others were glued looking at smartphones. Yuna however took details on those who looked out at the window, watching cars pass by. She found those interesting because, in the world of modern technology, people are starting to ignore nature's surroundings. She smiled at the thoughts of people who enjoyed the little things such as just watching the car passed by or looking at the night sky while having the moon following the little blue bus driving on the lonely road of downtown Daegu.

As the bus drove out of the city area of Daegu, passengers were slowly decreasing with each stop. The bus was getting colder and there were many empty seats available. Yuna took the seat right in front of the blonde guy with Tony Montanna hoodie and rested her head against the glass window. She closes her tired heavy eyes for a little while the soft acoustic music blasting on her headphones soothes her tiring day emotionally. Tuesday had been crucially cruel for her and all she wanted at the end of the day is good warm soul food to embrace her and to keep her through the next few days. Familiar buildings started to appear in sight as the bus drove to the main road of Seongdang-Dong. 

Yuna looked outside of the window, seeing the usual neon signs up on the building that looked like nothing but stacked square boxes stacked on top of each other. And then passed a construction site in which they are building a small department store right at the end of the road of Daemyeongyuk-Dong.

She took out her t-card again and walked to the exit as the bus pull off at a stop at Seongdangmo road. She tapped her card at the reader and alighted the bus, followed by the blonde guy. As Yuna walked along the pavement to her left, the blonde guy took off to the right. With their backs on each other, the lone souls walk off in the opposite direction to spend the last remaining minutes of the day getting back to their haven.

Along the small road filled with cars parking in line to the stretch of the end of the street, Yuna turned to her right to be greeted with a brightly lit twenty-four hours convenient store. She pushed the glass door open and took a step into the warm heated store, greeted by the cashier at the side. She walks along the aisle of a neatly arranged ramyeon, displaying all kinds of flavor available. Yuna took a stop in front of her all-time favorite ramyeon, Shin ramyeon. Taking it under her arms, she turned to the ready-to-eat meal section to grab a triangular kimbap before heading to the cashier. Yuna took a seat at the bench outside to inhale her soul food before rushing back home before her curfew.

After a nice warm shower, Yuna plopped down on her bed with her phone on her hand to check any late notification. She lay on her stomach as she scrolls through her notification bar, her phone vibrated and a notification popped at the top of her screen. agustd has just posted a new track. Yuna immediately clicked on the notification and got redirected to the Soundcloud app. The track started playing as Yuna tucked herself under the comforter getting ready to sleep. The track lasted for a good five minutes and twenty-five seconds, enough for her to drift off to sleep.