Chapter 7

Brother's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE—read chapter 6 if you have yet to.

 

"He asked you that?" Seungkwan screamed in disbelief when Jisoo complained to his friends about what happened the day before. "The audacity of him to say that!" Seokmin punched his palms. "That's what I thought of!" Jisoo agreed to Seokmin. Jisoo still couldn't cool down his burning heart—his pride was crushed by Kim Mingyu. "I'm going to punch the hell out of his face if I ever see him." Seokmin threatened. Minghao laughed loudly when Seokmin said that. ", you couldn't even step on an ant!" he mocked. Seokmin growled and punched Minghao's biceps. "Ow! What was that for?" Minghao rubbed his punched biceps. "I couldn't step on an ant but I'm for sure can punch the hell out of you, ." Seokmin hissed and punched Minghao once more. 

"Guys, stop it!" Jisoo pulled Minghao away when he saw Minghao standing up to hit Seokmin. "Seokmin, say sorry now!" Jisoo ordered firmly. "But he wounded my pride!" Seokmin whined and pointed to Minghao. "But you didn't have to hit me twice! Now, I'm paralyzed, you son of a donkey!" Minghao scolded Seokmin. "He's a horse but donkey works too," Seungkwan added. "Boo Seungkwan!" Jisoo shouted. "You're supposed to help me, not adding to it!" 

 

"Bye guys! I'm going off to the library!" Jisoo waved to his friends. "And stop fighting." Jisoo glared at Seokmin and Minghao who tried finding for each other's fault ever since lunch. "We won't! Bye, Jisoo!" Seokmin slung his arms over Minghao's shoulders and waved to Jisoo. "It hurts, you moron!" Minghao slapped Seokmin's head for touching his bruised biceps. "Seungkwan! Walk in the middle!" Jisoo shouted before making his way to the other side. 

Jisoo plugged in his earphones and hummed softly, walking towards the library. "Hello," Jisoo greeted the lady at the front desk and made his way up. Ears still plugged in, Jisoo scrolled down his phone while walking up the stairs. "Sorry—" Jisoo's head snapped up and he froze. Jeon Wonwoo is standing right in front of him! He quickly removed his earphones and greeted Wonwoo. "Hi," he said. Wonwoo smiled and waved, "Hello. Finding for books?" Wonwoo asked. Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, I finished the book you gave me." he laughed softly. "Really?" Wonwoo laughed along. "That's quick!" 

"I had nothing to do yesterday!" Jisoo defended himself, still laughing. "I'll meet you up there. I have to send this to level 1," Wonwoo showed Jisoo the books he's holding. Jisoo nodded and smiled, then continued climbing up the stairs. He found an empty sofa and placed his bag down, walking towards the fiction shelves. "Paracosm," Jisoo mumbled and read the back of the book. 

"That's a nice book," Jisoo felt hot breathe by his left ears. He turned around and saw Wonwoo smiling. "Paracosm. I've read the book and it's a nice one." Wonwoo nodded. "Really? Then I shall borrow this," Jisoo smiled and hugged the book. Wonwoo glanced at his watch and looked at Jisoo. "I'm ending my shift in 5 more minutes. You mind waiting?" Wonwoo asked, smiling sheepishly. Jisoo chuckled and shook his head. "Nope. I'll wait for you on the sofa right there." Jisoo pointed to the furthest black sofa at the end of the room. Wonwoo grinned and showed both of his thumbs up. "I'll see you later," he walked past Jisoo, ruffling the smaller man's hair. 

 

 

"Where are you heading to?" Jisoo asked Wonwoo as soon as they stepped out of the library. "I'm visiting my mum at the hospital. You wanna come?" Wonwoo invited Jisoo. He hesitated—afraid if he's an intruder to Wonwoo and his mum's private time. "Is it okay if I do so?" Jisoo asked. Damn it. Now Wonwoo is going to think that he's shameless. Wonwoo interlaced their fingers together and pulled Jisoo towards the bus stop. "Don't be ridiculous. Of course, it's fine. My mum is getting bored of my face anyways," Wonwoo joked and Jisoo started to relax. 

"You like this genre?" Wonwoo asked Jisoo as he inserts one side of his earphones into Wonwoo's ears. "Uh-huh. I like calming and soothing ballads, but sometimes I like upbeat songs." Jisoo explained while they quietly listened to Jay Park's 'All I Wanna Do'.

 

"We're here," Wonwoo lightly pats on Jisoo's thighs before pressing the bell. Jisoo neatly coiled his earphones and followed Wonwoo down the bus. "You want to grab something before going in?" Wonwoo asked Jisoo, pointing to the convenience store beside the hospital. "Sure," Jisoo nodded, walking in the store. Jisoo grabbed a packet of chocolate bread and also a red bean pastry. He grabbed a small bottle of lime juice and a can of iced Americano. "Anything else?" Wonwoo asked when Jisoo walked towards the cashier. Jisoo shook his head, "that's all." He took out his wallet and waited for the cashier to finished scanning his things. "You're not getting anything?" Jisoo asked Wonwoo, who only shook his head. "Then why are you holding onto your wallet then?" Jisoo looked at Wonwoo weirdly. "To pay for yours?" Wonwoo asked Jisoo back as if it's not obvious enough.

"What? No!" Jisoo gently pushed Wonwoo away from the cashier. "I'll pay for my own things, alright? Do you want to get anything?" Jisoo asked again. Wonwoo just shook his head and waited for Jisoo patiently. 

 

"Wonwoo, wait!" Jisoo stopped after exiting the elevator. Wonwoo turned around and saw Jisoo frozen to the floor. "I'm nervous," Jisoo anxiously his lips. Wonwoo chuckled deeply and pulled Jisoo's hand. "It's going to be fine. She's going to love you, trust me." Wonwoo comforted him. Jisoo looked up and stared into Wonwoo's eyes. "You sure?" he asked, still unsure. "I know her. She'll love you, even more than me." Wonwoo gently tugged Jisoo's hands. "Come on, she's waiting." 

"Hi, mum." Wonwoo smiled and kissed his mum's cheeks. Jisoo stood behind him, unable to move. "Here's my friend, Jisoo," Wonwoo called Jisoo o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter