Chapter 5

Brother's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan grinned when he saw Jisoo seating on the swing by the balcony, reading his book with ears plugged in. Jeonghan silently approached Jisoo and stood by the clueless Jisoo's side. "Jisoo," Jeonghan tapped on his younger brother's shoulders. Jisoo removed one side of his earphones and hummed, eyes still on his book—not a bit of his concentration distracted. "Tomorrow, you're going to meet my friend," Jeonghan said carefully, suddenly he's afraid of Jisoo's reaction. The younger one only hummed in return. Jeonghan gleefully clapped and kissed Jisoo on his cheek. "Now, that's my brother!" He giggled and made his way out.

"Wait," Jisoo lowered down his book, "did he just said about me having a date tomorrow?" he asked himself. Jisoo then shrugged and continued reading his book. He planned to return his book to the library first, before meeting his brother's friend. Jisoo was glad that he have completed his project with the help of Wonwoo's book recommendation. He thought it would be nice to meet him if he is going to be working tomorrow, and then maybe, they could have a cup of coffee after his shift. 

 

 

"Mum! I'm going!" Jisoo announced loudly and quickly ran to the front door, clumsily slipping in his shoes. "Jisoo, wait!" Jeonghan came from behind, Jisoo mentally groaned and turned around. He was in a rush because apparently, Jeonghan's friend ends his work at 4 pm and it's 3.15 pm! He needed to return his books and maybe meet Wonwoo to thank him for his recommendations. 

"My friend is finishing his work soon and he told me to ask you to meet him at the cafe two blocks away from the library," Jeonghan leaned by the wall, feets crossing, one arm prob. "Sounds great! I'm heading to the library as well," Jisoo felt relieved. Two blocks away ain't that far, in fact, it's just a minute walk journey. "Okay, great. I'll inform him right now," Jeonghan quickly unlocked his phone and he was seen typing away on his iPhone 8. Jisoo unlocked the door and pushed the door slowly, taking his chance to escape as Jeonghan's eyes were on his phone. "He apparently works at the library and his name is Won—" Jeonghan looked up only to see Jisoo walking away briskly to the bus stop, smiling cheekily at him. "Hong Jisoo! I wasn't done talking yet!" The younger twin of Seungcheol shouted, annoyed. "How will he find Wonwoo then?" Jeonghan clucked his tongue speechlessly and walked back in. 

 

"How am I going to find Jeonghan hyung's friend then?" Jisoo lightly scratched his head as he walked towards the library. Serves him right for not listening to Jeonghan just now. He knew his brother was going to tell him his friend's name but Jisoo's mind was too busy rushing after Wonwoo. "I'll just go to every man that's seating alone then," Jisoo mumbled and turned right into the lane. Jisoo stepped into the library and smiled at the lady who was seating at the front desk, again. He slipped his books into the book drop and walked up to level 3, where Wonwoo was always stationed at. Jisoo walked around the bookshelves one by one with beating heart and frowned when he couldn't see the tall, black haired man. With a sigh, Jisoo gave up and walked down to level 1. He glanced at his watch—3.53 pm. Jisoo decided to walk towards the cafe and wait for Jeonghan's friend. He should wait for me. Jisoo snorted and made his way there.

"Uh—" Jisoo felt a tap on his right shoulder. Jisoo straightened up and froze—did the librarian noticed that one of the pages had a hole in it? But that wasn't Jisoo's fault! He slowly turned around, "Wonwoo!" he gasped. He looked extra fine with his hair gelled up and he was wearing a black button-up with dark blue ripped jeans. His glasses look cleaned and he awkwardly waved, "Hi?" Wonwoo was surprised that the pretty boy even remembered him. Jisoo waved back happily, "Hello!" Wonwoo chuckled at Jisoo's overly excited tone. "Are you going that way?" He asked when he saw Jisoo exiting toward the left. Jisoo nodded and asked, "You too?" Wonwoo nodded and tightened his bag, "Shall we walk together, then?" Jisoo nodded excitedly and smiled. 

"Where are you heading to?" Jisoo asked when he saw that he was reaching the cafe in a few more seconds, a few steps away from the shop next to the library. "Oh, I'm going here," Wonwoo pointed to the cafe. "Really? That's a coincidence because I'm heading there as well!" Jisoo laughed. F.A.T.E. Jisoo spelled in his mind. "Are you serious?" Wonwoo raised his eyebrows, genuinely surprised. "Yeap," Jisoo nodded. "I'm meeting someone," Jisoo said softly and looked down to the floor. Is it too late to cancel the date? Jisoo wondered. 

"Wait," Wonwoo stopped. Jisoo looked up and met eyes with Wonwoo's. "Can I know your name?" Wonwoo asked, tilting his head slightly, eyebrows furrowed. "My name is Jisoo. Choi Jisoo."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter