Chapter 10

Brother's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo wondered why lately all he has been thinking of is Jeon Wonwoo. He knew he should be upset at Mingyu for breaking his heart but he wonders why does his heart beat twice faster when he thinks of Wonwoo. 

He smiled softly when he remembered how Wonwoo likes to sling his arms around him and dislike to talk loudly when he's talking to him. Wonwoo tends to prefer whispering to Jisoo's ears and spoke lowly. Jisoo's palm sweats just by thinking of Wonwoo's voice. 

Maybe his mind prefered Mingyu because of his attention and affection. But maybe his heart prefers Wonwoo because of the love that he has been showing to Jisoo's blinded self.

 

Jisoo straightened his coat and cleared his throat before entering the building. The smell of IV drips and the antibiotic is making his stomach churn as he made his way to the end of the corridor. Jisoo stopped in front of the room and he slowly peeked inside. Mrs Jeon was peacefully sleeping on her bed with a sunflower stalk by her bed. It was bright and yellow, and Jisoo felt that it was mocking him. He stepped in quietly and placed the box of chocolate oats on her side table. Jisoo sat by her bed in silence, watching her chest moving up and down slowly. 

Mrs Jeon stirred and slowly woke up from her nap. "Jisoo?" She quietly straightened up. Hong Jisoo swiftly raised his eyes from his phone and leaned forward. "Auntie," Jisoo whispered softly with a smile, one hand slipping into his coat pocket to keep his phone away. "Jisoo, I haven't seen you for so long. How have been, dear?" Mrs Jeon asked kindly, giving Jisoo one of her sincere smiles, rubbing Jisoo's hand in circles gently. Jisoo suddenly felt like crying. His eyes burn and his lips quivered. "I'm doing...good," Jisoo breathe out. "I'm doing good, auntie." Jisoo nodded and places one hand above Mrs Jeon's warm ones. 

Mrs Jeon smiled assuredly. "You can tell me." Jisoo smiled sorrowly and looked down. His tears slowly running down his cheeks. "I'm so lost. I don't know what to do now, auntie." Jisoo slowly shakes his head. "I rejected the good one, thinking that I need to satisfy my heart but in the end, the only thing I got is just a broken heart." 

"Oh, dear—" Mrs Jeon sat up, pulling Jisoo into her embrace. "I am so sorry," she apologised, rubbing Jisoo's sobbing back. She continued caressing his back gently, giving all of her support to Jisoo. "I am so sorry," Jisoo pulled away and guiltily chuckled as there was a wet patch on her shoulder. Mrs Jeon shook her head, smiling. "You feeling better?" She sweetly asked. Jisoo nodded with a small grin. "Much better." He confirmed.

 

Wonwoo tightly tied his shoelaces in place and pulled his knees closer to his chest. The weather was turning colder and Wonwoo just had to forget to bring his gloves. His fingers were frozen but thankfully, his denim jacket was thick enough to warm up his cold body. Wonwoo picked up a fallen rose from the ground and analysed it closely. Turning it around to inspect the red, halfway dying flowers. "Red rose," Wonwoo whispered, suddenly a small smile creeping up to his lips.

He remembered how Jisoo nagged at him, telling him that it's dirty to bite on the rose stem. Clueless Jisoo being dense about romance. He recalled how Jisoo was being embarrassed when Wonwoo pulled Jisoo closer to him—nose touching, eyes locking. Then he suddenly leaned closer, face tilted to transfer the rose onto Jisoo's lips. 

"You thought I was going to kiss you, don't you?" Wonwoo teased, pulling away from Jisoo as the shorter man had his eyes close. Jisoo snapped his eyes open and slapped W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter