ugh, the 2000s

talk is cheap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it's been two years since they've been in the same class and it takes them until their third before they could properly sort out whatever it was they were feeling, the tips of their ears red as they talk it out, their cheeks flushed and their hands warm as they walked home, hand-in-hand.

it doesn't take as long as that before seongwu's made it his life mission to get jonghyun out of his shell. the more energetic and outgoing of the two oftentimes finds himself disappointed but not surprised whenever he tries to ask jonghyun out. "it's adventure time, jonghyun!" he chimes, giddy in his bed as he thinks of all the plans they could make.

"no, seongwu, it's 2 am," jonghyun replies, immediately hanging up.

"let's go to the beach!" he tries again one day, his hands slamming on jonghyun's desk as soon as he arrives, startling the boy who was quietly reading his manga.

"it's the middle of winter," jonghyun deadpans, shaking his head.

"this is fine," seongwu sighs, crouching down and resting his chin on jonghyun's desk, pouting. "i came here expecting you to decline."

jonghyun chuckles before running his fingers through seongwu's hair, leaning forward and placing his opened manga on his desk, using it to shield them from any of their classmates' side eyes as he leans over to give him a quick peck.

the one time jonghyun finally agrees to go out with him (someplace that isn't either of their houses, at least), he immediately regrets it. he signed-up for a nice dinner out, expecting to go to mcdonald's or any other fast food chain like what normal, broke high schoolers do. what he didn't expect was to be brought to some shady restaurant in one of the back alleys after an exhausting day of running after seongwu since he'd insisted they go to an amusement park for  the day.

"i'm just trying to let you test those tastebuds," he reasons out, shifting through the menu and trying to find something resembling chicken nuggets, ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter