my only you

talk is cheap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun's insomnia had gotten worse the past few weeks given the onslaught of deadlines and various other responsibilities he's had to bear and the only thing that would keep him company during those late nights were youtube videos of cats; his boyfriend didn't bother to give him the time of day given his own schedule but at least he still got to spoon him when watching cat videos at 4 AM.

And these weeks prompted him asking his boyfriend for permission to bring a cat home—given, they lived together and have been doing so for the last year, all decisions that would affect them both would have to be unanimous—though the response wasn't as positive as he had hoped.

"No," Ten replied, shaking his head.

"Why not?" Jaehyun retorted, pouting ever so slightly as he nudged his boyfriend with his feet, the two of them on opposite ends of the sofa. "It's nice to have someone welcome you home and cuddle you and love you unconditionally and be as cute as they are," he reasons out, to which Ten replied with a scoff. It was early in the afternoon and Jaehyun needed to leave for his part time soon, not having any energy to further the argument.

It wasn't until he reached home that he realised he should've 1) worded his argument better and 2) thought everything out first before consulting his boyfriend.

--

"Would you mind explaining..." he trails off, looking at his boyfriend sitting contentedly on the sofa, a small smirk playing on his features.

"Well, you did say you wanted a cat before work, yes?" He replied, humming softly as he moved to perch over the back of the sofa, smiling contentedly and letting out a small mewl.

"Yes, but I didn't say--" He was cut off by his boyfriend shushing him, clicking his tongue and shaking his head all the while.

"A cat that welcomed you home, cuddled you, and loved you unconditionally all while mastering the feat of being cute?"

"I really should've worded that bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter