final.

Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a day that was like a dream but ended in a nightmare - well, almost.

"His new songs were so awesome!"

"God, I love his voice so much!"

"I'm so glad that this was a more intimate concert, we got to see him so closely."

Baekhyun agreed with all these things that were being said about the singer, Park Chanyeol. Of course he would because he was one of many who claimed to be the singer's No.1 Fan. Except, that wasn't his main issue right now. Sure, the concert hadn't been the largest, with it being held in a theatre which sat an audience of two thousand, but the entire venue itself was huge.

He trusted his son to wait right by his side as he got his carpark ticket validated for extra time since the concert had gone on a little longer than expected and he didn't want to have to pay extra if he didn't have to. So, it made sense that Baekhyun was beginning to freak out when his son seemed to vanish from his side when he turned back around.

As many fans were leaving the venue, Baekhyun was trying to look for his son, who was old enough to know not to talk to strangers, but was also young enough to just follow someone without realising it. He looked around, frowning a bit as he continued to look. He refrained from shouting his son's name since he didn't want to cause too much of a scene. He looked in the different bathrooms along the hallway, peeked into the empty venue rooms - everywhere and anywhere that his son could've just slipped into.

Just as he was about to call upon security's help, since there were close to no more people left near the entrance of the theatre that the mini concert had been held in, he saw his son, Minjun, being carried out of the farthest doorway that led into that very threatre. Baekhyun ran over and took his son from the person's arms, "Oh my god, Minjun. Please don't run off like that again. You're gonna give me a heart attack if you do," he gasped as he held his son, who was awfully happy, closer to him.

"He seemed to really want to meet his favourite singer in person."

Baekhyun had been so focused on his son, having tunnel vision for the last several minutes that he had barely even glanced at the man who had been holding him. "Thank you so much- " He froze. Stopped breathing. And just stared at the taller man in front of him.

Those silver-grey locks, those elf-like - or yoda-like - ears, those big, clear eyes, and that killer smile which so many girls and some guys swoon over because it was just so lovely.

Park Chanyeol.

Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes or ears.

"Papa! Staring is rude!" Minjun suddenly exclaimed and successfully got his father out of his little trance.

"R-right. Um, yes, thank you so much. OhmygodImustbedreamingrightnow," he said in one breath.

Chanyeol simply chuckled softly and reached over to pat Minjun's head affectionately. "Well, you're not dreaming, and I'm sure your son here can reassure you of that. I'm surprised that I actually have a fan of mine who is already a parent, time must really fly by," the singer chuckled, "But I can see where little Minjunnie gets his adorable looks from," he grinned.

"I really must be dreaming," Baekhyun whispered to himself, though in the empty corridor, it was pretty clear to anyone nearby.

"So, could I get a name to put to this cute boy's father?" asked Chanyeol.

"M-my name?" Baekhyun asked back and suddenly his mind went completely blank.

"Papa's name is Byun Baekhyun!" grinned Minjun, obviously having noticed how his father had gone a bit too quiet. "Papa, are you okay?"

Baekhyun tore his gaze away from Chanyeol when he felt two small hands on his cheeks, and turned to face a pouting Minjun. "Yes, yes, uh, papa is fine. Just a bit shocked because the Park Chanyeol is standing right here," he smiled sheepishly. There was an obvious blush on his cheeks as he turned back to face the tall singer. "Thank you so much again. I was honestly really worried about where he went. I didn't think he'd go back to try and find you," he said, his senses now slowly coming back to him.

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Baekhyun, and your son, Minjunnie. Since I can't do much else right now, how about we take a few selfies together? Consider it a special little fan service to my father-son duo fans?"

Baekhyun gasped slightly and then once again whispered, "I really really must be dreaming."

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae felt his eye twitch as he heard Baekhyun sigh dreamily for the nth time that hour. "Baekhyun, I'm your best friend more than I am your boss, but with the number of times you've been sighing, I am considering whether or not to fire you right now," Jongdae grumbled.

"H-huh?? Oh sorry sorry~" the said male apologised and stood up straighter, deciding to give his friend a break and actually do his job at this cafe.

The bell above the entrance to the cafe chimed as a customer came in. It was a rather unusual time for a customer to come by considering most people were either at school or work, so when Jongdae and Baekhyun both looked up and saw a heavily disguised male walking in, they guessed it was one of their usual special customers.

Jongdae greeted the customer and led them to the second floor of his cafe, where the only customers allowed up there were the special kind. Baekhyun's best friend, Jongdae, ran a cafe which welcomed ordinary people just like any other cafe, but he also was known amongst celebrities as the owner of the so-called safe haven. His special customers were in fact celebrities and he allowed them to have their own relaxing cafe experience without all the sasaengs and paparazzi.

Baekhyun grabbed a menu and then headed upstairs since it was mainly his job to attend to their special customers whilst Jongdae manned the main area downstairs. He reached the top of the stairs and rounded the corner and headed over to where the customer was seated, his back to Baekhyun. "Welcome to Dae's, here is the menu and I'm Baekhyun, the one who'll... be... serving... you.. today..." His last few words which were normally quite confidently said, trailed off as the male finally took his sunglasses, face mask and hoodie off.

"Didn't think we'd meet again so soon," Chanyeol grinned. "Now, you aren't gonna freeze on me again are you? Because Minjunnie isn't here to snap you out of it and we wouldn't want you hurting yourself right?"

"R-right, of course. Um so, yes, right, here's the menu," he said, finally handing the laminated booklet to the singer. "Let me know when you decide on your order," he said, a light blush colouring his cheeks as he went over to the smaller kitchen area that acted as a way to serve the ready-made items on the cafe's menu for those on the second floor.

Five gruellingly silent minutes later did Chanyeol call for Baekhyun, placing his order for a large caramel macchiato, some blueberry waffles with ice cream and a fruit salad. "It's my sorta cheat day today," he explained.

"Well, you can afford to have more than one cheat day really," Baekhyun said more to himself, but he didn't realise that he had spoken loud enough for the singer to hear.

Chanyeol let out a soft laugh and smiled to the shorter waiter. "Why thank you. I do my best to keep in shape," he grinned.

Baekhyun sped off to give the order to their cook, Kyungsoo, avoiding any and all eye contact from his best friend since he knew that he was quite red in the face. He went back upstairs to prepare the fruit salad since the drink and the waffles would be made downstairs and be sent up using their little lift to deliver orders and dishes up and down without wasting time with the stairs.

He hummed to himself as he peeled the fruits and cut them up nicely. He felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket just as he was finishing up. He went over and gave the singer his fruit salad first before quickly turning around and checking his phone as he walked back to clean up. He read the text he received from his sister-in-law who was currently looking after Minjun for him.

To: Baekhyun
From: Beom's Wifey
Hey Hyun! Just wanted to let you know that Junnie seems
to be okay for now, but I think he's coming down with something :(
Still, just keep working and come pick him up as usual! I'll
let you know what's been going on then,
Luv ya lil' bro~

Baekhyun sighed softly and rubbed his forehead a bit. He made a little reminder in the back of his head so he could focus on his work. He heard the movement of the mini lift and went over to it, opening it up when it arrived and inside way a tray with a large caramel macchiato and a plate of blueberry waffles. He took the tray over to the kitchen area, scooping up some vanilla ice cream onto the waffles before taking the tray over to Chanyeol. "Here you ar

Please log in to read the full chapter