Another sleep

Daily life

Byun and Ji and Eun firm (a/n : I’m not even sure what’s the name of the firm now..haha!)

 

 

It was time for the usual meeting but as how it has always been, meetings in the firm never go according to plan. Eun Hyuk was about to start by opening the meeting’s agenda in front of him, however, a certain bling on his left caught his attention.

 

“Lawyer Eun….,” he started.

“Yes?” Bong Hee asked as she gave her attention to Eun Hyuk.

“I think you have something to share or announce?” he questioned as his eyes moves between the ring on her finger and her face. Mr Byun also gives his attention to Bong Hee.

A huge smile appeared on her face.

“Well….he proposed….we’re engaged!” she announced as she showed them the ring.

“Waaahhh…congratulations Lawyer Eun!!” Eun Hyuk exclaimed.

“Thank you. But don’t tell Prosecutor Cha yet. I’m going to tell them myself,”

“Sure,” Eun Hyuk smiled.

“I still think Ji Wook is making a wrong decision,”Mr Byun said his first sentence of the day.

Bong Hee snickered at the man whom is now her soon-to-be father-in-law.

“Don’t worry Ah Beo Nim, I’ll make sure that you’re going to be the happiest father-in-law in the world,” Bong Hee replied sarcastically, with special focus on the word abeonim.

Sensing the banter that’s going to happen between the two, Eun Hyuk clears his throat.

“Okay, enough with the good news. We’ll celebrate this later. Now, let’s start our meeting,”

 

In actual fact, Mr Byun was very happy when Ji Wook told him about his decision to propose, few days ago. If anyone would ask him few years ago, he would’ve thought that Ji Wook would end up alone because of that attitude of his. But now he could see that Ji Wook has found his match. Only Bong Hee could put Ji Wook in his place and make him smile. He has obviously became a better person and happier after Bong Hee appeared in his life, although that girl sometimes get on his nerves. But as long as Ji Wook is happy, he’ll support him.

 

Bong Hee also had her share of difficult life as he had heard about what had happened in the past between his friend and her father, and also, being falsely accused of murder, but that girl remained positive. Maybe, this is how life compensates their dark days or maybe they are fated to be together. Yes, he is sure. They deserved happiness and they are fated to be together.

 

 

 

 

At the bar the next day

 

 

“CHEERS!” the three girls exclaimed.

“Wait!” Ji Hye shouted before they can drink the beers in their hand.

“Eun Bong Hee, what is that?” she pointed at her ring finger. Yoo Jung also looked at the direction.

Bong Hee grinned widely.

“Don’t tell me….,” Yoo Jung hesitated before she looked at Ji Hye and Ji Hye also shot a knowing look at her.

“I’m engaged!” Bong Hee exclaimed as she showed her ring.

“Daebak..!!” Yoo Jung said as she examined Bong Hee’s engagement ring.

“Prosecutor No must be out of his mind. Yup, he is sure out of his mind,” Ji Hye remarked.

“Yah!” Bong Hee shot back.

“I envy you. I think Eun Hyuk and I still have a long way to go,” Yoo Jung sighed as she drinks the beer in her hand.

“But you’re not the one who is still single,” Ji Hye followed as she also drink the beer in her hand.

“What is this?! We are supposed to celebrate my good news. You two are so depressing!”Bong Hee whined.

“Sorry Bong Hee,” Yoo Jung apologized through her grin.

“I’m sorry. The ring is gorgeous by the way. You know what, let’s drink to Bong Hee’s engagement,”Ji Hye replied.

“Cheers!” as the trio shot their glasses again.

 

“Don’t worry Yoo Jung, I’m sure Eun Hyuk will come around. He has been in love with you since forever. And you, Ji Hye. I think that new prosecutor likes you, what was his name again?” Bong Hee asked Yoo Jung.

“Kim Jun Hyun,” Yoo Jung answered.

“Yes, Prosecutor Kim. Don’t play hard to get when he asked you out,”

“I’ll see,” Ji Hye replied nonchalantly.

“What’s with the reaction? I think he’s handsome,”

“Not to mention, he is also from family of prosecutors,”

“Hmm..yeah. He is very good looking when you see him up close,” Ji Hye replied.

“Up close?” Bong Hee raised one eyebrow. “You already went out with him, didn’t you?” Bong Hee questioned.

Ji Hye pressed her lips together and gave a suspicious look at the other two.

“Bong Hee’s right, isn’t it? Na Ji Hye, you sneaky girl!” Yoo Jung exclaimed.

“We’re not really dating yet. We only went out twice,” Ji Hye answered.

“Twice?! When did this happen?!” Yoo Jung asked.

“Not long ago,” Ji Hye replied.

“What?! Na Ji Hye, you have to spill everything,” Bong Hee pressed.

So, for the rest of the night, the trio talked about Ji Hye’s dates with Prosecutor Kim and Ji Wook proposal, as well as the upcoming wedding.

 

 

 

Another bar the same night

 

“So, have you two decided on a date?” Eun Hyuk asked Ji Wook as he poured him a shot.

“We haven’t discussed it yet. We’ve both been very busy,”Ji Wook answered.

“Good. Take your time. Just look at me,”Mr Byun said. “You can still think this over,”

“I thought you’re happy for me,” Ji Wook frowned at him.

“I am but just so you know, they changed after marriage,” Mr Byun moved his face closer to Ji Wook. “They became noisy,”Mr Byun whispered.

“But Lawyer Eun is already noisy,” Mr. Bang remarked.

“True. You can hear her laugh from outside the house,”Eun Hyuk added.

“Not that kind of noisy,” Mr Byun cuts. “They nags. They nags when you forgot, forgot to put the milk back in the fridge, forgot to put the mug in the sink and the list goes on”

“But I think it’s the other way around for them. It was always Bong Hee who forgots,” Eun Hyuk added again. Mr Bang and Mr Byun nods. “Not to mention, forgot to wash when she’s focused”

“Hey! That’s my fiancée you’re talking about,” Ji Wook shot back.

“Sorry, Ji Wook,” Eun Hyuk apologized and poured him another shot.

“Anyway, Ji Wook, congratulations! Cheers!” Mr Bang raised his glass.

“Cheers!” as the other three joined him.

 

 

 

Home

 

 

Ji Wook came back to a dark house, as usual. He made his way upstairs and after he placed his things in the room, he made way to the bathroom to shower. Then, he got into his pyjama and climb onto the bed, under the blanket. He checked his phone for the last time, for any urgent messages or email, or maybe any miscall from his beloved. Nothing.

He was about to put his phone on the nightstand beside him when a pair of arms reached for his torso and snuggled beside him.

“Had a good drink?”Bong Hee murmured, her eyes still close.

Ji Wook scooted down to lie on the bed. He wrapped his arms around Bong Hee so that she settled on his chest, her head under his chin. Since he proposed, Bong Hee has finally agreed to move back in with him and some nights, he came back home to see her already sleeping. However, she would woke up when she sensed his presence.

 

“Erm,” he hummed in agreement. “How about the girls?”

“Because of my fiancé, they are now jealous of me,” Ji Wook can feel her smile on his chest.

“Do you know that Ji Hye went out on a date with the new prosecutor. Twice,” Her fingers drawing circles on his chest.

“Prosecutor Kim? Really?”

“Yes, Prosecutor Kim. But good for her, it’s about time she date someone properly,”

“I thought you hated her,”

“Used to. But what’s the use of hating someone for something in the past. It just drains my energy. She’s quite ok actually,” she said as she yawned.

Ji Wook smiled at her reply. His fiancée is far a bigger person than he is.

“How about your mother?”

“I met her before I hung out with the girls. She cried,“

“Maybe I should’ve come with you,”

“It’s ok. She understands. But she did say she wants you to treat her for a meal,”

“Sure. We’ll call her tomorrow,”

Then, they kept in silent.

 

 

“Bong Hee..” Ji Wook called softly.

“Hmm?” she was slowly drifting away to slumber.

“We haven’t discussed the date,”

“What date?”

Ji Wook pulls Bong Hee away to look at her face, shocked with her question. However, Bong Hee laughed at the expression on his face and continues to hug him.

“I’m just kidding,” she said. “Do you want to discuss it now?” she asked as she yawned again.

“Is it ok with you?”

“Emm” she nods.

“How about this end of the year? I think I can settle most of the cases before then,”

“Em hmm”

“Or maybe earlier, I can ask for Yoo Jung to help me on the simple ones. But that will only leave us 3 months to prepare. Is it enough? I think it’s enough time, we’re just going to invite our close friends and family after all. And we can go honeymoon to somewhere warm to escape the winter’s cold. What do you think, Bong Hee?”

But there’s no answer from her.

 

He looked down only to see her peaceful face, eyes closed and a little pout on . He can only smiled to himself. Of course she’s asleep. His voice and breathing, the fall and rise of his chest, seemed to be like a lullaby to her and the night is well past 12. Alcohol might also be the factor. He’ll just have to continue the discussion some other time, when both of them are aware as he is also starting to get sleepy.

 

Ji Wook caressed her cheek and kissed her. “Goodnight, my love,” he whispered as he left a lingering kiss on her forehead and hugged her tighter.

 

-090418-

A/N :

I always wish that the drama never ended and imagined something like this would happen after that final scene.