Another day

Daily life

Prosecutor office


The room was silent. Only the sound of papers ruffling and clock ticking fill the room. It is now almost 9pm and No Ji Wook is alone in the office. He is studying a case file and plans to call it a day after he finishes reading it. When he was about to get his jacket, he hears his phone vibrates on the stacks of document on his desk. He groans when it is an incoming call from the police station, thinking that they may have found a new lead on one of his cases when all he wants right now is to forget work and go back home. He answers the call anyway.

Ji Wook : Hello. What is it detective Han?
Detective Han : Prosecutor No, I think you have to come to the station now.
Ji Wook : Is it urgent? Can’t it wait until tomorrow?
Detective Han : Err…..I don’t think you will want to wait until tomorrow for this one.
Ji Wook : Detective, whatever new lead you have now, I think it can wait. Besides, we have enough evidence already. It’s late and if it is very urgent, just emailed it to me and I can look at it first. I had a long day today and all I want right now is to go back home to my wife. 
Detective Han : I understand that Prosecutor No, but I’m afraid that you won’t find your wife home if you go back now.
Ji Wook : Eh?! How would you know that? What do you mean?!
Detective Han : Uhm…actually, your wife is here. With your mother. 
Ji Wook : Eyh?!!

 

Police station


Ji Wook arrived not long after he received the phone call. He immediately searches for that familiar figure once he reached the entrance of the station. It is a noisy night at the station although it is only Wednesday. There are a couple of ahjummas fighting loudly over broken window and the police in charge tried his best to stay calm and typing away the report while listening to them. At another desk, there is also a middle aged man, his clothes were worn out and dirty, probably were not changed for over a year, trying his best to explain that he did not steal the fried chicken although the bbq sauce smudge on his face tells otherwise.

And then, he found her, sitting in front of another police officer desk, while trying hard to explain the situation. Frustration is clear in her face and voice. Beside her is another figure he recognizes, also looking frustrated. Detective Han is standing behind the officer. Not far from them on their left, is a middle aged man, with traces of blood on his lips and bruises visible on his neck and face. He is holding his left arm at the same time, not able to move them. Ji Wook approaches them.

“Bong Hee…”, he calls. He sounds worried and surprised. All of them turn to look at him. 
Bong Hee : Jagiya..
Ji Wook's mother : Son…
They call at the same time.
Detective Han : Prosecutor No, you’re here.
Ji Wook : What happened?
Detective Han : Erm…that man over there (pointing to the man with bruises) was being beaten up by your wife, until our officers on patrol stopped her.
Bong Hee immediately answer : But he try to-
Ji Wook glares at her.
Ji Wook's mother : Son…it’s not her fault. That man tried to snatch my handbag.
The man cuts in,”No, I didn’t. What prove do you have? You still have your handbag with you. I was just trying to ask for directions and she suddenly twisted my arm. Aahhh…” while clutching to his left arm.
Bong Hee gives a serious side glares to him. “Of course we still have the handbag. I managed to stop you.”
Ji Wook sighs. “My wife won’t hurt people without any reason. I’m sure there are cctvs or blackboxs around the area. Please check them to see if they are telling the truth or not.”
Detective Han : Yeah..our officers are retrieving them as we speak.


 

Home


Ji Wook went upstairs to their room once they entered their home, without giving any glances to Bong Hee. Bong Hee just quickly tails him from behind and from the look of it, she knows he is mad although she is not sure why. The ride home was silent and she didn’t even dare to turn on the radio like she usually did. She stopped at the doorway of their room and just follows her husband with her eyes as he removes his jacket and tie. His back still facing her. Then, she went to hug him from behind.

“Jagiya..”, she calls softly. Ji Wook ignores her and proceed to loosen the buttons on his sleeves.“Please don’t be mad.”, she continues as she snuggles to his back. She still doesn’t have any idea why he is mad. She rubs her hand on his abs when she still didn’t hear his reply.“Aaah…my husband is so hot.” Ji Wook smiles upon listening to this and he turns around to face her. He immediately frowns once he face her so she didn’t see his smile. He is still half mad and wants to see how far she will go to coax him.

Bong Hee continues to hug her husband on the waist and place her chin on his chest to look up at him. “Jagiya…”, she smiles. Ji Wook sighs. “Do you know how worried I was when the police station said that you’re there?” 
 

“So, this is why he’s mad”, Bong Hee thought to herself.

Bong Hee : You know I can’t just let that guy be right? What if he tried to snatch other people? 
Ji Wook : Bong Hee..what if you got hurt? 
Bong Hee : But I didn’t..I’m fine.
Ji Wook glares at her.
Ji Wook : And you’ve experienced this before. What if there is no cctv around and you ended up in the cell? Lucky for you there is and you are proven right. But you may not be so lucky next time. Remember Hee Jun?
“But I have you. You wouldn’t let that happen to me.”, she said as she smiles innocently.

Ji Wook sighs and looked away.

“Jagiyaaa…come on. I’m sorry, ok? I’m here now right and I’m fine. And that bastard is locked up.”
Ji Wook still doesn’t look at her. Bong Hee pulls his face to meet her eyes and peck in his lips, “Hmm…what should I do for you to forgive me? I’ll do anything.” And an idea popped up in Ji Wook’s head. “Anything?”, Ji Wook asked. “Yes! Anything!”, Bong Hee answered happily.

Ji Wook smirks and gives her a sly look. Bong Hee know that look and she gulps. She tried to run away but Ji Wook is fast to trap her with his right arm and start tickling her waist with another. They eventually fell on the bed and Ji Wook start tickling her everywhere. Bong Hee can only shriek and laughs as she attempts to stop him but her husband is much stronger. Ji Wook is now hovering her as he stops the tickle attacks. Bong Hee laugh died down and she stares at her husband.

“Don’t do that again. Don’t make me worry”, he said as he caresses her head. Another arm pressed on the bed, supporting his body to hover his wife. Bong Hee smiles and she holds her husband face with both her hands. “Ok. But, I can’t promise you” she giggles as she answers him. “Eun Bong Hee” he frowns. Bong Hee giggles again and she nodded. Then, the room is silent as they just stare at each other.” I love you” Bong Hee said and broke the silence. Ji Wook then leans down to kiss her.
“I love you too. So much”, he said before he kisses her again.

“So, what were you doing with mom?” Ji Wook asked. “Oh, I had a meeting with a client at a restaurant earlier and we bumped to each other when I was exiting the restaurant. She was on the way back from meeting her friends” she replied. At the same time, Ji Wook get off her and they both sat at the edge of the bed. “Jagi, have you eaten?” she continues. Ji Wook turn to look at her and shakes his head with a pout on his face. Bong Hee laughs at her husband aegyo. “Ok, I’ll cook something for you. Go wash yourself” she said as she gets up to walk out of the room.

But even before she get to walk, Ji Wook pulls her and she ends up sitting on his lap sideway. She giggles. “Do you need anything else, baby?” she coos as she caresses his cheek. Ji Wook smiles widely at that and just hugs her tightly, resting his head on the crook of her shoulder. “Aigoo…my husband must be very tired. Good job today as well husband” she said as she caresses his head. They stay like that for a while before Bong Hee finally remembers that her husband has not eaten. But, when she tries to move, she realises that her husband has fallen asleep. Her heart breaks to see that but she doesn’t want him to sleep with an empty stomach. Carefully, she tries to wake her husband and she immediately ushers him to the bathroom to wash.

-----


Ji Wook offers to clean the dishes after the late dinner so that Bong Hee can wash up. Once she enters their bedroom after refreshing herself, Ji Wook is sitting on the bed, back against the headboard, legs crossed, and a laptop on his lap, typing away a report. She sighs and stands beside her husband, both hands rested on both side of her waist. Ji Wook looks up and smile when he sees her eyebrows knitted together. He understands the look she gave and hand her the laptop. He knows how she hate to mix work with their bed, which is the only place she can have him, No Ji Wook, for herself. Bong Hee smiles and put the laptop on the desk.

Ji Wook scoots down to lie on the bed and open his arm to welcome his wife into his embrace. Bong Hee climbs onto the bed and immediately snuggles to his side. Ji Wook pulled up the blanket to cover them both. She wrap her arms around his waist and her head resting on his chest. Ji Wook smiles to himself and he can’t picture sleeping without having her in his arm. He doesn’t even remember the time he was alone and how he lived his life before Bong Hee. He suddenly remembers how he first met her. With that thought, he suddenly move his arm that was wrapped around her shoulder, to grab Bong Hee’s .

Bong Hee looks up to him with a surprise face. “You’re tired, just sleep Jagiya” she said. She doesn’t think that it is a good idea for them to do it, when she knows he is already very tired, thinking maybe that is why her husband grabbed her . He even fell asleep earlier and probably still sleeping if she didn’t woke him up to eat. Ji Wook just giggles. “It’s not that…”indicating that he knows what she is thinking. “I suddenly remembered how we first met. You thought I grabbed your . So, there, I grabbed your ” Bong Hee smiles at his reply as she snuggles more to him. “And now you can grab them anytime you want”. “Yes, those butts are mine now” as he hugs her tightly and they both slowly drift to sleep. 

And that is how another day in No Ji Wook and Eun Bong Hee life ended.