Another date

Daily life

Cinema

 

“You know right, that we can also do this at home? FREE OF CHARGE!,”Ji Wook questioned Bong Hee.

“But it’s not the same. The screen is bigger and the sound system is better. The feeling is different,” Bong Hee beamed at him.

“I don’t see any different. I prefer watching movies at home. If you told me, I would’ve bought the screen and projector,”

“Jagiya…I can’t believe that you never watch movies at the cinema. That is also why I brought you here,”

“And it’s so late,”

“The better!” Bong Hee exclaimed. 

“That is why it’s better to just watch it at home. We can be comfortable and sleep whenever we want,” Ji Wook sighed.

“Haish.. .you’ll understand later, Jagiya. Just follow me,”

Ji Wook could only snickered at Bong Hee.

 

He just couldn’t understand why she insisted on watching the rerun of “Titanic” at the cinema when they could do the same at home, snuggling to each other. If it was because of the screen or the sound system, he would’ve upgraded whatever he had at home for her. He disliked the idea of sitting up straight next to a stranger for about 2 hours and he had to pay for it. Earlier that night, Bong Hee invited him for a quick outing and he thought she just wanted to grab few drinks nearby, so, he played along. If he had known, he would’ve declined her.

Bong Hee got them a small popcorn and drink before they entered the hall. She led him to the couple seat area, strategically placed at the top middle area of the hall and settled down their snacks. The ads were already playing when they entered. The hall was only less than quarter full, probably because it was a midnight show. There was another couple seated not far from them. As they settled down, Bong Hee reached for Ji Wook arms and rested her head on his shoulder, grateful that the couple seat do not have arm rest in between.

“If this was home, you can even lie down you know,” Ji Wook whispered. Bong Hee giggled.

The movie started and Ji Wook started to munch on the popcorn and drink. He offered some to Bong Hee but she declined, continues watching the movie from the comfort of Ji Wook’s shoulder. The movie progressed further and when the famous automobile scene appeared, Ji Wook felt his head turned to the side and Bong Hee’s lips was on his shortly after that. Her kiss was soft but deep at the same time and Ji Wook could only froze. He moved back his head to break the kiss and looked around, afraid that somebody would see them.

“Bong Hee…,”he whispered.

“Don’t worry, everyone is either focused on the movie or they were doing the same thing,” she said as she pointed to the couple not far from them, who seems to be liplocking.

She kissed him again but Ji Wook moved back. His eyes looking incredulously at Bong Hee.

“I’ve always wanted to do this with you,”

“What?”

“Making out in the cinema,” she grinned. “I didn’t get to do it with my previous boyfriends,”

 

The thought of him being the first one to do that with her excites him and the truth is, Bong Hee is also the first one to do this to him. Bong Hee kissed him again. He savoured the kiss for a little while, then, he breaks apart to look around again and true enough, nobody is looking in their direction. He stared at Bong Hee and she was grinning.

He admits that he likes the feeling of the adrenaline rushing through his body for the fact that they are kissing in public where anyone could see them but at the same time, he knew they were not. It’s the same feeling like spraying water on Eun Hyuk when he was close to Bong Hee and Eun Hyuk didn’t see it coming, but so much more.

He finally gave in.

“Come here,” as he pulled Bong Hee for a passionate kiss.

Their chests met and their hands roaming each other’s body. Bong Hee is now half-sitting on Ji Wook’s lap and they forgot that they were in a cinema. They forgot about the movie and the popcorn and drink she bought earlier. They made out like they have been apart for months when in fact, she was staying overnight at Ji Wook’s more frequently than she stayed at Ji Hye’s, although most of the time they barely talked because Ji Wook would always find her already asleep or he went to work early. But that is also why Ji Wook agreed when Bong Hee invited for a quick outing, to spend some time with her.

 

Titanic began to sink.

 

They broke apart because of the noises from the movie. They now realized where they were and the movie they supposed to watch.

“Let’s not get the money wasted,” Ji Wook whispered as he catches his breath.

Bong Hee nodded and rested her head back on his shoulder, her legs still on Ji Wook’s lap. They stayed in the position until the end of the movie.

 

When they were in the car on the way home, Ji Wook reached for Bong Hee’s hand and rests them on his lap, another hand on the wheel.

“That was fun,” he started as he smiled at Bong Hee before he looked back on the road.

“I told you it’s not the same as watching at home,” she grinned.

“Yup, you did,’ he agreed. “Next time, we shouldn’t buy any snacks. We barely ate them. Just a waste of money,”

“Next time?” she asked as she looked at him.

“Erm….the cinema is not so bad after all. I’m beginning to like it, so, this would not be our last,” he answered.

“You mean what we did in the cinema?” she teased.

He blushed and cleared his throat at the thought of what they did. But when he looked at her, he saw her teasing look. He realised now she was teasing him but he planned to turn the table around.

“Oh, that was just a warm up. Just wait till we get home,” he said lowly as he tightened his hold on her hand.

 

Uh-oh.

 

And now, Bong Hee was the one blushing.

 

-02042018-