Another happiness

Daily life

Park near home

 

“I’m telling you, we should change our strategy. Mr Byun is getting suspicious now,” Ji Eun Hyuk said.
“I don’t think so. We have been using the same method for all these years and he never noticed,” Eun Bong Hee confidently said.
“But he came to me yesterday and suddenly asked if we are ganging up on him,”
Eun Bong Hee giggles. 
“It’s about time he realizes it. I feel bad but it’s funny at the same time”
Noh Ji Wook just laughs listening to the two colleagues conversation about how they have been tricking Mr. Byun all these while when it comes to choosing the person in charge of the office’s chores and snacks. They always play the ladder game and Mr. Byun lost almost every time.  He never objected the result although he felt something is off. But of course the game is not in his favour when the one organizing the game is Bong Hee and Eun Hyuk. Once in a while, they let Mr. Byun win so it doesn’t look obvious. 

 

The three of them were walking at the park on the way back to Ji Wook’s house and No Ji Wook naturally wrapped one of his arms around Bong Hee’s shoulder. They just had dinner at a Japanese restaurant nearby. Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk suddenly stopped on their tracks when they saw a group of familiar teenagers, five boys to be exact, walking towards their direction. They are obviously high school students as they are still wearing their school uniforms but not in a proper way anymore. They are loud and two of them are actually smoking. Bong Hee also stopped walking and turn to look at her husband and Eun Hyuk. 
“Why? What’s wrong?” she asked.
Both of them didn’t answer her and they were looking straight ahead at the teenage boys. She also looked at the boys and wonder what is actually happening. At the same time, the teenage boys also stopped on their tracks and looked at their direction. The boy on the front, with the cigarette, smirked when he looked at them. “He must be the leader,” Bong Hee thought to herself.
“Wah…it’s been more than a year and you guys haven’t changed at all,” Ji Wook said.
The leader just smirked some more and throw the cigarette on the grass.
“Yah! You cannot throw it there!,” Eun Hyuk shouted.
The leader then walked towards them and stopped a mere 2 feet away from the trio.
“Haven’t you learned your lesson yet, old men?” he said. “You both also haven’t changed. Still like to meddle in other people businesses,” he continues. “Should we beat you again?” His friends at the back were laughing as he said that and start cracking their knuckle.

 

At that point, Bong Hee now realized who the group of teenagers were. They were probably the ones who beaten up Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk before. She still remembers catching Ji Wook with bruises on his face when he came home that day. Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk chuckled.
“Hah! You were unfair the last time. It’s only the two of us and there were like 30 of you,” Eun Hyuk said nervously.
The leader just laughs. “From what I saw last time, even the five of us can beat you two into a pulp. Our other friends just have to wait a little longer now for us to finish both of you.”
Ji Wook, Eun Hyuk and the group of teenage boys are now assuming their fighting position, ready to attack. As the leader started to charge forward to lay a punch on Ji Wook, he suddenly felt his body flew mid-air and he heard a loud thump shortly after. He realized that he is now on the ground, lying on his back. His body ached and when he wanted to turn to see who attacked him, he was flipped and he felt his arm twisting behind him. He looked to the front and he saw that Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk still standing in their fighting position, eyes and mouth wide opened. “So, who the hell attacked me?” he thought to himself.

 

“Rude bastard! What?! Teach a lesson?! Why don’t I teach you a lesson first?!,” Bong Hee angrily said while twisting the leader’s arm some more. “AAAHH!! AAHH!!,”the leader shouted in pain.
Ji Wook, Eun Hyuk and the other teenage boys just froze when they saw Bong Hee shoulder-throw the boy when he tried to punch Ji Wook. When the boys heard their leader shouted in pain, they wanted to charge forward to attack.
“Move another foot and I’ll break his arm,” Bong Hee warned. “I’m a 4-dan black belt in taekwondo and I can break this easily” as she twisted some more and the leader turn pale,”It hurts!! It hurts!!”
“Bong Hee…, “Ji Wook called.
“They are the one who attacked you both the last time, right?” she asked.
“Err…yes..,” Eun Hyuk answered.
“Maybe I should just break his arm so he doesn’t do it anymore. If he goes to the police, I can get away with self-defence,” she remarked.
“No! No! No! No!” the leader shouted. “I’m sorry! I’m Sorry! It’s my fault!”
“What?! I can’t hear you?!”
“It’s my fault! I’m sorry! I won’t do it again!” he shouted louder.


Bong Hee released his arm harshly,”You should apologize properly to them both!” His friends wanted to approach him when Bong Hee released him, but she shot them a glare and they just remain in their place. The leader approached Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk while holding his injured arm. “I’m sorry”
“Oh…yes…. It’s… ok…,” they both said hesitantly. The leader then turned to go back to his friends. When he was passing Bong Hee, she warned him,” Don’t ever show yourself in front of us again or it’ll be your neck next time” and shot another glare to his friends. As the group of boys walked away, she shouted, ”Just study hard in school!”

 

Bong Hee turned around to face Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk and the later was applauding her and gave her two thumbs up. Ji Wook was still speechless.
“Waahh…Lawyer Eun, you’re the best!”
“I know,” she smirked while flipping her hair.
“You should come with me the next time I had to deal with gangsters or something,” Ji Wook glares and elbows Eun Hyuk when he heard that.
“Yah! My wife is not a bouncer!”
Bong Hee just chuckled when she saw her husband’s reactions. “Let’s just go home”
She approached the two friends and they continued walking back to Ji Wook’s home.

 


Home

 

As they arrived at the gate, Ji Wook suddenly stopped. He signalled Bong Hee to go in first.
“What are you doing?,” he asked Eun Hyuk.
“Going in,” he answered naturally.
“Yah! Yah! Yah! It’s late already. Go home!”
“Come on! Let’s hang out some more and drink coffee or something”
“Yah! I want to spend time alone with my wife. Go back! Don’t you have to call Yoo Jung?”
“Ah! That’s right!,” when he suddenly remembers that he promised Yoo Jung he will call after dinner. “I’m going, Ji Wook” Ji Wook just frowned and locked the gate behind him as he walks into the house. Bong Hee was standing near the sink, drinking a glass of water when he entered the house. He walked over to the kitchen and sat on one of the chairs at the dinner table. 
“Where’s Lawyer Ji?”
“He went home. He forgot that he was supposed to call Yoo Jung”
Bong Hee giggles as she walked over to her husband,”Yoo Jung is going to be mad” She can imagine her throwing a fit on Eun Hyuk.
“Serves him right” Ji Wook chuckles to himself.

 

”So, how are you feeling?” he asked as he hugs her and rests one side of his face at Bong Hee’s tummy.
“I’m fine!” she said.
“You scared me for a while back there” 
She just giggles,”I’m sorry. I can’t help it. They tried to hurt my husband” Bong Hee moves her hands to caress his head and neck.
“You know it should be the other way around”
“There’s no rule saying that. I’m just protecting someone I love. My body just moved on instinct”
Ji Wook can only sigh. “But be careful always, ok?”
“Yes, Prosecutor No“ Ji Wook smiled at her reply.
“No headaches today?”
“A little bit earlier. But, I’m good now”
“You know if you want to eat anything, most of the stalls are still open now,” he said as he looked at his watch. ”For once, let me just continue to sleep after 3 a.m.”
Bong Hee just laughed. “You do know this is partly your fault”
Ji Wook sighs “But my eyebags are getting bigger”
“Don’t worry. You’re still handsome,” she said as she rubs his cheek. 
“You must be shocked earlier right? Your mommy is sometime a little bit crazy” he said as he caress Bong Hee’s tummy.
“Hey!” she lightly hit Ji Wook’s shoulder.
“But this crazy women is all mine” he hugs her tighter and Bong Hee just laughs at his remark.“I love you both”
“We love you too”

 

They found out she was pregnant earlier that week and she is now 7 weeks in. They immediately went to the doctor the next day they found out and both Bong Hee and the baby are healthy. For the past 4 days, Bong Hee would wake up in the middle of the night and has been craving for variety of foods. On the first day, Bong Hee went out alone as she didn’t want to trouble her husband but she was apprehended by Ji Wook when she came home later. Her husband woke up not long after she left and he panicked when his wife was nowhere to be found in the house. Although he managed to call her, he still didn’t fail to give her a good scolding when she arrived home 15 minutes later. So, when she craved again the next night, Ji Wook willingly went out to look for the food she wanted. Luckily for him, her morning sickness and mood swing were not as serious, yet. 

 

-------------------------

 

Hangang park

 


Two days later, all of the crew gathered at the huge field of grass, including Ji Wook’s and Bong Hee’s mother. It’s been a long time since their last get together and the weather today was perfect for a picnic. They each brought foods and drinks as they all sat on the huge mat under the tree. They were happily eating while chatting and joking up with each other. Out of the sudden, Ji Wook stands up and clears his throat to gain everyone’s attention. 

“I have something to announce” he started. He then grabs Bong Hee’s hand and she stands up as well. They smiled at each other before Ji Wook continues.
“We’re pregnant. I mean, Bong Hee is”

“Omo! We’re going to be grandmas!!”Bok Ja exclaimed as she hugs Young Soon.
Everyone stood up to hug Ji Wook and Bong Hee to relay their congratulations. Mr. Byun felt especially proud and pat Ji Wook on the shoulder.

They sat back on the mat once they calmed down and continue the picnic but their chats has been all about the upcoming baby. Name suggestions, guessing the gender, whose looks the baby should follow and so on. The soon-to-be grandmas are starting to argue about who’s going to take care of the baby if Ji Wook and Bong Hee ever wanted to go on a date alone. Ji Wook and Bong Hee could only laugh at their conversations and looked on. They just couldn’t believe how much things has changed since they first met 4 years ago. Not only to them, but to their family and friends as well.

 

Ji Hye, Yoo Jung and Bong Hee are now best friends despite being ex-girlfriends of Bong Hee’s ex-boyfriend and husband. Eun Hyuk and Ji Wook have been closer like they have ever been since childhood while it looks like something is going on between Mr. Bang and their new office’s admin. Nothing much happen to Mr. Byun but the firm is slowly growing and they have been looking for bigger office to rent meanwhile Bok Ja has put Young Soon in charge of her new PapaJohn’s restaurant. As for Ji Wook and Bong Hee, they are going to welcome their bundle of joy soon. Feeling content, Bong Hee moves closer to her husband and rests her head on his shoulder. Ji Wook wraps his arm around her shoulder and kisses the side of her head. They both continue to look at the happy atmosphere in front of them and laugh along. They could only bask in the happiness they are feeling right now and they couldn’t have wish for more.

 

 

-230218-