WHAT NOW?

Lipstick Stain

"Unnie! I don't know when.. when it all started. I couldn't even understand myself. But you know what's suffocating me? It's the fact that even though I tried damn hard to not feel.. but unnie, I JUST DON'T LIKE, I LOVE YOU!"   (UP TOP YERIN! HAHAHA!)  

/Cold winter wind blows/

Yerin finally poured her heart out. Sitting firm against the freezing winter but is visibly shaken. She was either relieved or scared as she was stuck looking at the beautiful girl, with tears kept falling.

The distance between them grew longer, they were only inches away but unable to move. Yerin who has been working hard to keep that secret from Sowon feels her heart sink as the older girl remained quiet, she was overly shocked at the brave confession. She has shivers down her spine, making her heart cold. The pain is all-consuming. 

"I told you before that if I say something unexpected and surprising, I want you feel angry at me, now I take that back.. I'm not looking for anything, I just wanted to tell that your charms are infinite and I have no defense against them. I have loved you all these years, and hiding my heart was the hardest thing I could ever do." Yerin finally breaking the ice. 

It's true, Yerin may have always acted so silly and dorky towards Sowon. But the younger girl could only cover her attraction behind her jokes. Yerin thought that she only admire Sowon because of how beautiful and wonderful her unnie is, but she couldn't deny the fact that her heart looked beyond the older girl's appearance. She's enchanted by Sowon's personality and enraptured by being just the real her. 

Sowon, long silent for the past few minutes, is melted and wishes she didn't hear anything from the girl sitting beside her. But unlike Yerin, Sowon couldn't come up with anything to say, she could only pressed her right hand tight to her chest. Trying hard to steady its beat and her breathing. Sowon knows her own mind, if she'll continue to hear words of admiration from Yerin, she's afraid that her heart could no longer handle it. Weakly, Sowon stood up facing her right slowly taking a step away. Away from the quiet park, away from the bench and the cold wind which has become the witnesses of that sudden revelation, and also away from the girl, the girl who is causing her solitude. And without a word, Sowon kept walking. And from behind a worried Yerin watches her as the older girl crossed the street. 

Yerin could only look at Sowon's back. The 15-minute taxi ride has felt like forever. The cold silence seemed to be the atmosphere they're used at these past few days. 

____________________________________________
It's nearing 1 a.m and the two who are still speechless, get on the elevator. Obviously at this time and the addition of chilly weather, no one is expected to be going home or even go out, therefore leaving the two alone. 

Yerin taking the chance, slowly moved backwards then swiftly to her right, reaching Sowon's back, giving her a hug. This time a hug of love. 

"Unnie, as much as I wanted to take my words back, I can't and I won't." Yerin said making Sowon's heart suffer more. 

At once, the elevator door flung open. Yerin unwraps her arms from Sowon's waist letting the older girl go first. The familiar hallway sending them a friendly reminder that they have to quickly go back inside their dorm. 

_________________________________________
The rest of the time was spent in a deafening silence inside Sowon and Yerin's bedroom.
AT MORNING


Yerin back to her dorky, loud self, started nagging and teasing her groupmates, making up for the times she acted strange and quiet, seems distracted all the time, because she was occupied by Sowon. 

Well, basically she was just trying to shake it off whatever it is that she's feeling from the brave and  sneaky disclosure between her and Sowon. 

"Unnie! I'm glad you're doing better now, you looked really different and sad these past few days" Yuju stated. 

"Ah yes! Sorry about that. But I'm good now! I'll make it up to you guys!" Yerin cheered. 

"Hmm, is that your part of this emotional journey unnie?" Eunha asked. 

"Yes! You can say that! :) I realized that when I was sick and sad, it makes me really miss you all! :D So I'll try to be strong and be healthy from now on! :) But .. sometimes, we need to sacrifice some things just to reach for the things we desire the most. That's what I  also learned." Yerin answered sincerely, being subtle from last night's rendezvous. 

"But, unnie, didn't you get enough sleep?" Umji asked twitching her head to stare at Yerin's face. 

"Why?" 

"You have dark circles round your eyes, eyebags?" Umji pointed out.

"Aaaaah! Yeah.. (chuckles) I was listening to my favorite songs last night I had too much fun that I wasn't able to check the time. Gosh! I think I was able to sleep at 2 a.m!" She exclaimed, trying her best to neglect the fact that it was Sowon who kept her sleepless. 

"Aaaah." Umji, wasn't really convinced at the older girl's explanation as she hasn't seen  Sowon come out of their room since this morning, not atleast during  breakfast and lunch that the leader looked sleepy and rather less energetic,  making the youngest doubt if there is anything that had happened between them. 

While the youngest was wondering, SinB, Yuju and Eunha  are starting to prepare the things they would need for their next act of getting to  know each other. They were looking into their phones for some music and for some other references useful for their group plan. 

" This looks really fun! I'm so looking forward to it!!" SinB exclaimed. 
"Yeah right! This  might be something that would reveal more about ourselves!" Yuju agreed. 
"Yeah,, but ugh it's hard to choose." Eunha pouted. 

While the other 3 were busy , Umji slowly escaped the living room, checking out on Yerin which is now at the kitchen. 
"Unnie.."
"Hmm?"
"I'm not sure, but is everything fine?"
"What do you mean?"
"I know what's going on between you and Sowon unnie, you guys have something." 
"To be honest, I am not sure where's this going.."
"Unnie! Did you already?!"
"Last night, I mean.. at dawn."
"Omo! In your room? How did she react?"
"aah, yeah, inside our room" Yerin lied. 
"Hmm,  I actually don't wanna talk about it yet, sorry Umji. But unnie and I will be fine. She was just caught off guard. I will actually head back to our room now, I just needed some water to calm me. " (chuckled akwardly)
"I understand unnie, hwaiting!" Umji attempting to calm Yerin. 
"But Umji.. until we make this clear, I ask you  to keep this as our secret."
"Of course unnie, my lips are sealed. :) It was shock for me too, it was a complicated matter at hand, but I  know, this will be fixed soon. Please." Umji bows down, trying to understand the elder's sudden situation. 
"Yes! I promise you. :)" 


Yerin then exited the kitchen but returned to the living room, typing something on her phone. 

MEANWHILE

The all day silent Sowon was just sitting on the upper corner of her bed, tucking herself. The thick blanket and comfortable position was a big help for her to feel slightly warm and to be at ease from the  last night's unfriendly cold and Yerin's unforeseen confession. 

SOWON'S POV

(sigh) That was really.. really unpredictable.  It's a blur! Oh my gosh! Why did Yerin have to do that? Aiish! Didn't she consider what I would  feel? UGH. Really! I shouldn't have agreed to sneak out, now I'm alone here stuck in this bed because I can't look at Yerin.. wait why?  Why? Now I feel embarrassed. She must be worried now. But ugh.. I  am so stupid for not even saying anything last night. Why Sojung? You might left a wrong impression to her! But I'm supposed to! She just said something shocking now it makes wanna shout and cry!  I couldn't even give a proper reaction to that!  I AM SO SCARED!  This never came to me.. all these time we have good relationship, but it turned out she has feelings for me. AAAAAAAAHHH!  WHY YERIN-AH! 

All of a sudden, tears came falling down from Sowon's eyes. She's both in anger and  uncertainty. Angry because she knows Yerin is serious and the possible  thoughts and judgements about the people around them  starting to make her mind go crazy. Uncertain because she doesn't know what to do about it, she has a lot of what ifs. 

*knock* *knock* 
(surprised) "It's open!" Sowon replied at the sudden interruption. 


When the door unlocks, it was Yerin. The girl Sowon can't look in the eyes since last night. But the girl who's in front of the door, slowly entered fixing her eyes on the now shy Sowon. 

"Unnie.. how are you doing?"

Sowon then slowly fixes herself and sat on the side of her bed, looking down. 

"I'm fine.. I guess?" She finally uttered something. 

"It's good to hear your voice again, I missed it." Yerin approaching the older girl. 

"Yerin-ah, I am still processing everything. Please don't make this harder for me." Sowon turn her head up witnessing a smiling Yerin. 

"I know.. I just realized that I need to apologize for such action. I thought that I was a bit straightforward and excited that I totally forgot what you would feel. I'm sorry unnie." She then sat beside Sowon. 

"You don't have to.. but Yerin, this is a serious matter. I can't help but feel a little weird about it, but I am grateful as well. (Sowon said looking at Yerin, somehow she managed to.) My mind has a lot of questions, I am actually mad at you for saying something like that, but maybe because I am just so worried about everything. I suddenly hate you. :(" 

"Trust me unnie, we're on the same page. I hate myself as well, but I'll hate me more if I would not say it. I know the timing is a bit off, but I just followed my heart and it led me to you. I am so scared what will happen next, but so as long as we continue to treat each other well, then I know that what the future holds, we'll make it through."

"How do you expect me to treat you the same? I mean, you just confessed to me and I'm mad and scared and worried and ugh. Tell me Yerin, what do you want me to do?" 

"Just stay with me in this emotional journey unnie, I know it's hard and would feel cheezy, but I am willing to wait. Please don't resent me. I wouldn't know how to handle it if you'll choose to stay away from me. I'll work hard to make it up to you. But unnie, as I have said on that one interview, "I would make someone like me. I wasn't sure back then who's that person, but now I know it's you." Yerin smiled hugging Sowon from the side. 

Kindly use this as a reference: starts at 2:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHC-KDfkbI :D 

"aaah, I super don't know what to feel. I really hate you for this, but I can't stay mad at you." Sowon faced Yerin and reciprocating Yerin's hug. 

So.. what now?  

______________________________________________

There you go! Finally I could have the time to update. lol So yeah.. what is it gonna be? I feel like, this is going somewhere. Which way do you guys think? haha anyways, enjoy! I was actually surprised that already hundred of you read this lol, I was just taking a shot at this! Thank you for reading. :) love lots!