HOLD ON TIGHT

Lipstick Stain

 

"Waaaaaaaah! Today's indeed the last day." Yuju exclaimed rather energetic. 


"Yeah.." Eunha pouted. 


"Unnie? What now? What do we do?" SinB looking at Sowon who's on the couch. 
 

"Just like what the management said, everything will go back to normal starting tomorrow. I'm sorry we had to go through those evaluations again but that's something we have to bear every time. I'm glad everyone responded so well earlier. We did our best and I think they appreciate our efforts as well as the tasks we considered doing. I just hope everyone will apply whatever it is that we learned from this journey." The leader answered. 

Then suddenly Umji raised her hand. 

 

"Yes? Umji?" Yerin asked. 

"I want to say something.."

"Go on maknae.." Sowon permitted. 

 

"Ahhmm, first of all, I want to thank Sowon-unnie for leading us again successfully. She already has a lot on her plate yet she still delivered the goods. Thank you unnie!" Umji immediately hugged Sowon. Making the older girl blush from the dongsaeng's appreciation. 

 

Umji continued. "We never know what's gonna happen after this, but I know everyone will be there for each other, just like we always do. A lot had happened and one thing's for sure, this vacation caused us to value each other more. I love you guys!" 

 

"Aaaaaaaaahhh! Umji-yah! Yah! don't make us cry." All the girls mumbled wiping their misty eyes. 

 

Yerin who's sitting beside Sowon was already in tears, recalling everything they had to endure independently these past few days. She then hugged the older girl who's holding back her tears. Sowon then stood up, cheering the girls and leading everyone to the kitchen for dinner. 


"Girls, cheer up! Let's laugh and just enjoy the night away! And of course, let's eat as much as we can tonight! Okay?" 

 

"Yeeeeeeeees!" Then everyone headed to the kitchen giving in to their appetite and savoring this last and rare day of blissfulness. 

 


And so the girls had the loudest dinner ever, laughing hysterically at everyone's goofiness and weirdness. The evening was filled with cheer, compliments and of course jokes and endless tease to one another. Surely, GFRIEND learned tons from each other. Best girlfriends indeed. ;)


_____________________________________________________________________________

"Good night everyone! Sleep right away, we have schedule tomorrow." The leader shouted. 

"Yes unnie! See you tomorrooooow!" Yuju exclaimed. 

"Good night, giraffe unnie!" SinB teased. 

"Sowon-unnie, Yerin-unnie, good night!" Umji greeted cheerfully. 

"Gooood niiiiiiiiiight!" 

"Goooooooood niiiiiiiiiiiight!" 

"Gooooooooooood niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Everyone hitting their unnies once more with their endless dorkiness. 

 

"Yah! You three! Stop! I said we have to sleep now!" Sowon playfully hitting the younger girls' bottom, while casually pushing them inside their rooms. 

 

"hahahaha! You guys! Go to bed now!" Yerin on the other hand shouted shaking her head in disbelief. Her members are sure weird and loud. lol 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Soon after, the dorm once filled with delight, now replaced by the silence of the evening.

This ambience to Sowon and Yerin is a blessing. The two noticeably feeling each other's presence once again. With Sowon on Yerin's lap, the stunning girl's soft tresses whilst the older girl locking both of their left hands together. Making the most out of the peaceful and calm atmosphere, time forbid will make them long for each other once the night ends. 

 

 


"I wish we can stay like this forever." Yerin bowing her head down, putting a soft kiss on Sowon's forehead. 
 

"Me too. We feel safe in each other's arms... but everyone's waiting for us. Tomorrow will be different, I suddenly hate that reality." The older girl sighed at the thought. 


Yerin smiled. Kissing her once again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So unnie, is there something you want to say? About last night?" 
 

"uhm, yes there is." Sowon quickly moved up now facing Yerin, both having a good view of each other's faces. She then spoke. 


"Yerin-ah, I couldn't care less anymore. Now, I am telling you everything." Sowon smiled. 

 

The younger girl smiled back, waiting. 

 

 


"Didn't you feel something? I mean didn't you at least notice?"

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows, confused. 

 

 

"haha! Again! I mean, it wasn't only you who has these feelings, I have liked you long before we became much closer. I thought you're pretty and bubbly. Someone I can always enjoy to be with. But I hide my attraction because I know it will be this difficult. I'm in charge of the group and I need to make everything perfect, I couldn't be distracted. But love always has its ways. I thought I was doing great shielding my heart but apparently, I willingly disarmed. After your confession, I was both angry and uncertain. I was supposed to be happy but reality hit me. I have a lot going on in my mind, until now. And my thoughts just couldn't be crazier." Sowon revealed. Nervously rubbing both of her palms.

 

Yerin then held her trembling hands.

"That's all I needed to hear. :) Thank you. And I'm sorry I did not consider what you would feel at first. But knowing that you love me too makes me stronger. What lies ahead, can we just deal with them one day at a time? You're tough and I'm strong, aren't we? (Yerin chuckled after using those accurate nicknames they're known for during their Strength Battle in One Fine Day).

 


She paused, staring at Sowon hopeful. 

 

 

 

 

 

Unnie, are you ready to fight together?" Yerin popped the expected question. 


Sowon then smiled widely, the short-lived tension replaced with a sigh of relief. Indeed, it's Yerin who makes her feel this way. Sowon broke down her walls, letting the younger girl's love win her. 

 

 

 

"hmm before I answer you...(Sowon grabbed her phone from her pocket, lowkey excited for her own attempt of surprising Yerin.) After few seconds, she then faced her phone upfront, letting Yerin see a song title, but not so visibly because Sowon is covering the lower screen with her hand, blocking Yerin from seeing the full of it. A wide grin reflected on Sowon's face having the knowledge of the words across the screen. 

 

 

 


"A song?" 

 

"Music can be used in times like this.. you should know that." Sowon teased, winking at Yerin. 

 

"hahaha! Of course, mind playing it? 

 

"I don't know if you have heard of this before, this was released years ago but I have always enjoyed listening to this song, it's catchy but the lyrics are really sweet." Sowon giggled. 


"Aaah unnie! You're taking it long! Let's press play now!" Yerin just couldn't wait. 


"hahaha! alright, alright, but before anything else, promise me that you will do what the song tells. Promise me you'll do it. Promise me you'll do it." Sowon raising her pinky finger signaling Yerin to do a pinky swear. Indeed a sign of vow. 

 

Yerin nodded in agreement, assuring Sowon of her sincerity and loyalty although the song was still unknown to her. After the deal, the older girl finally pressed the play button. Eagerly waiting for Yerin's reaction. 

 

SISTAR – Hold On Tight

Like a habit, as soon as I open my eyes, I call you
Like a habit, I keep checking for messages
Why am I like this?
Am I shaking because of you?
I used to be a girl who scoffs at other guys
But I’m going to you like a sweet cat,
Acting cute to you
Oh I want to be all my love it
U don’t have to do anything baby
I only need you to be by my side

Hold on tight, hold me tight,
Hold me tight
Oh baby U should hold on tight,
Hold me tight
After I met you, I grew up,
Do I look pretty?
You look at me and smile

Baby U should B my luv B my luv B my luv
(Yeah one more time baby)
Baby U should B my
luv B my luv B my luv

Don’t hesitate anymore and just listen

Just looking at you makes me so happy
If I’m with you, wherever we are, I’m happy

I used to have trouble sleeping at night
But now as soon as my head touches, I fall asleep
All day, I wonder about you Where you are,
What you’re doing, eating, who you’re meeting
I’ve never been like this before, this sounds so typical
But I mean it, what do I do?

Like a soft girl, even showing tears
I’m going to you
Oh I want to be all my love it
U don’t have to do anything baby
I only need you by my side

Hold on tight, hold me tight,
Hold me tight
Oh baby U should hold on tight,
Hold me tight

After I met you, I grew up,
Do I look pretty?
You look at me and smile

U should B my luv luv my luv luv
I only see you (only see you Ohluv luv)
luv (My
luv luv) Oh my luv

When I see you, my heart pounds
It feels so good, Feel good feel good feel good

(Hold on tight)

Hold on tight, hold me tight,
Hold me tight
Oh baby U should hold on tight,
Hold me tight
After I met you, I grew up,
Do I look pretty?
You look at me and smile

Baby U should B my luv B my luv B my luv
(Yeah one more time baby)
Baby U should B my luv B my luv B my luv

Don’t hesitate anymore and hold me tight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The song was cute and all sweet but Yerin felt more than that, couldn't contain her tears, she hugged Sowon firmly, squeezing the older girl's upper body, making Sowon paint a smile of success on her face. Surely, this is what Sowon has been waiting the whole time, to make Yerin know that their feelings are mutual. Unrestrained and unbounded by her doubts and fears. 


The hug lasted for quite a while, Yerin just wouldn't let go of her happiness. Sowon continued to smile and giggle. 

 

"Yah! I can't breathe! (pretended to lose her breath haha) Aren't you too touched? hahaha!" Sowon teased. 

 

 

 

 

But Yerin replied in a serious tone.




"Kim Sojung, I am keeping that promise. This is an oath, that whatever happens, I'll you hold you tight." Yerin affirmed, now pulling away and kissing Sowon once on the forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"And I promise you I'll do the same." Then it's Sowon turn to put a soft kiss on Yerin's forehead.
While savoring the sweetness of their promises, Yerin blurted out something. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"But unnieeee! You still haven't answer my questions properly." Yerin making sure. lol

 

Sowon raised her right eyebrow obviously confused.
Yerin then enumerated the things she badly needed Sowon to answer. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie, do you think I am suitable for you? When can I call you my best girlfriend? Are you ready to fight together?"


Restating the questions, Yerin feeling her heart was about to leap from her own eagerness. Her heart beats faster at the anticipation of Sowon's confirmation. She was both nervous and desperate. 

 

 

 


Sowon scoffs. "Yaaah!? Are you underestimating my confession to you that you still needed to ask those? Ah! Yerin-ah, I can't believe you!" She then crossed her arms over her chest. 

 

"haha! No unnie, it's not like that, of course, I appreciate it, I just really want to hear it." Yerin wore a sad face then slowly lowered her head like a student who's about to be reprimanded by a teacher. But instead of feeling sorry, Sowon admired the look on Yerin's face, she laughed. 

 


"Aaah! You're funny Yerin-ah, if you're not gonna smile then I'm not gonna answer!" 

 

 

And as if a cue, Yerin abruptly showing off her famous eye-smile. Sowon laughed even more in disbelief. 

 

 

 


"hahahaha! Okay, fine! So, for the 1st and 3rd questions my answer is "YES!" And for the second one... today!" Sowon cringes also realizing that she's officially making Yerin and her a couple now. 

 

 

 

 

 


"Yes!!!!" (Yerin shouted pumping her right fist in the air as a sign of success.)

 

"hahahaha! You're crazy!"

 

 

"Crazy for you!" Yerin then smirked as a revenge. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Noticing the time, the couple now settled in Sowon's bunk. The high from tonight was evident as they laid down beside each other with wide smiles on their faces. Spending another night in each other's restful arms.Both looking forward to what lies ahead, to face love and its schemes, having each other as their strength in facing the awaiting world outside. The tough and strong will for sure win. 

 

 

 

Getting comfortable on the bed, Sowon surprisingly leaned in closer and deeply kissed the younger girl on the lips, making Yerin froze. 

 

"I just wanna let you know that I used the lipstick you gave me." 


______________________________________________________
There you go! The final chapter! So after everything, Yerin's sudden confession, Sowon's indirect and Yerin's anxiety, as well as Sowon's confusions and fears, they both finally gained the courage to be with each other. Although it's still a secret, they'll both hold on tight. :) BTW, I am working on a new Sowon x Yerin fic, it's a whole lot different from this one. ;) Thank you also to everyone who has read this already and for those who will, soon. ;) Thank you very muchiiiee, bery! hahaha! Until then!