ON CUE

Lipstick Stain

It was a freezing Saturday late afternoon in Gfriend's dorm and everyone is as busy as bee, well to be honest just playing around. Except for Sowon who was fixed on her phone, reading or more like contemplating about something. Yerin too was sitting beside her on the couch and just enjoying her tablet game as usual. While Eunha and Yuju was fascinated on some viral internet videos that caused them to laugh hysterically. Across the room you can see SinB and Umji messing around with each other, having the time of their lives bickering.  

Suddenly, the door unlocks and everyone faltered at the sound. Sowon who was as attentive as always, automatically stood and moves toward the now opened door, greeting their Manager. Everyone followed, while fixing their messy hair and hiding their laughing faces to face the manager trying to look composed. Every one looked curious as the manager and Sowon were discussing about something which is somehow inaudible to them. 

"I ... came here today to tell you girls about something." the manager finally spoke thoughtful. Which made the 5 girls fidget. 

"Ahh no, I let SoJung tell it to you instead." This time, sounds more certain. 

Sowon bowed to the manager. 
"Alright everyone, manager-nim had already told me about this earlier today. And I expect everyone to take ears and focus." Sowon started, looking determined.

The girls on the other hand, looked rather serious and nervous. Fixing their gaze to the eldest. 

The manager who was standing beside Sowon had the same expression, but a bit different, he's more like into evaluating her leadership skills, which he constantly does. 

"Today's Saturday.. no, from today until next Saturday is our break. The management wanted a week for us to spend together." 

Squeals could be heard. 

"Focus." Sowon said calmly. 

"This is something important and I told you to take ears. This ain't a week of travel or something, all of us will stay in our dorm for the next days, aiming to make our bond even tighter and to know each other more deeply." Sowon revealed. 

The girls looked at each other confused. 

"This might look as another frustration because all of us wanted to have fun, but this is what the management requires. I hope everyone will take heed and treat this as another chance for us to grow and to appreciate each other more. We have to maintain our image as one of  the best girl groups out there and to achieve that, we need to listen to our higher ups." Sowon stated firmly. 

The manager tapped Sowon's left shoulder as he nodded, showing his agreement and approval of the artist's words. 

She then faced towards their manager.. "Is there anything you would like to add manager-nim?" Sowon asked politely. 

"Uhmm. I just hope all of you will take this by heart. In this industry, training and self-discovery is a constant process and we still have a lot to give to your fans. If there is anything you need, please tell all your queries to your leader and we'll attend to them accordingly. Please work hard." The manager wrapped the leader's announcement. 

The girls look at Sowon's signal and bowed to the manager showing their respect and understanding. 

"Let's say "thank you" to our manager." Sowon politely commanded. 

"Thank you manager-nim!" Everyone expressed and bowed in unison. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Unnie, how are we going to spend our 7-day break?" Yerin asked curiosly. 

"Are we going to play games and cook more?" Yuju asking in the same manner. 

"Or unnie, are we going to have some "self-training" sessions?" Umji asked pouting. 

Trainings have always been both a challenge and a joy to the girls. 

"Uhmm, unnie can we just play and have fun watching movies?" SinB suggested, Eunha sharing the same sentiment. 

"Thank you girls. :) However, Manager-nim informed me about this ahead of time, he texted me privately and  opened up how we still need some improvements in terms of dealing with our feelings.. pressures, about some ways to improve our personalities and characters, like that. I have shared what I have in mind carefully, trying to make my opinions beneficial for all of us, and when I laid them my suggestions this morning, they prefer us to stay in the dorm, rather than going to some resort to relax or go abroad which we always enjoy. :(" Sowon paused, feeling sorry. "The goal stays the same though, except that we'll do it here. I'm afraid this will be a bit worrisome since we will do things indepently. There's no actual plan, but I recommended that this whole process, will be more of an emotional journey. :)" Sowon sounded hopeful. 

"We've been through a lot for the fresh 3 years of our career so far and I believe, our deep relationship will always be our edge among others. I hope everyone will show their true side, to be more real and raw as the days go by and just improve our treatment to each other, what do you say?" Sowon asked smiling. 

The girls remained silent as they were stuck to their now hopeless "fun vacation time" dream. 

Sowon sensing the frustration, she exclaimed.

"Yah! What's with those faces?! Isn't it fun knowing each other more? We could have more cuddles and more time alone. Yay!" Sowon sounded awkward rather than excited. 

"Girls, please say something." Yerin prompts, nodding to the girls. 

No response. 

"Okay! I don't want this to be just my decision, I always value all of your concerns and thoughts, you know that. We can try giving other options to them, although they're already certain about this. We have this RARE 1 week break and I don't want this to be full of regrets and frustrations. Probably the management thinks that we are into so much having fun that they wanted us to grow more maturely." Sowon sighted a positive point. 

"Yaaaaah! Why are you all so serious?! Unnie! (looking at Sowon) punish them already, they are so dramatic!" SinB being SinB teased tapping her members jokingly. Causing the others to finally let out their long-held laughs since the manager's arrival.  

"Great! So for the next "freedom days" (everyone chuckles) we will do our best to discover more about each other and make ourselves, our family and friends, co workers, our management and of course our buddies to be more proud of us!!!" Sowon cheered loudly, mentioning all the important people in their lives. 

"Yeeeeeeees!" The girls agreed happily. Relieved.

It's almost evening so everyone gets ready to prepare for their "first night" of rare exclusiveness. 
_______

So here goes for the first chapter. Yay! I don't wanna be too indulged to Sowon and Yerin just YET, hahaha so I decided to make the first part showing the girls sentiments about having a break, I really do hope they could take long days off from their busy entertainment world. 7 days could be a relief for them. But yeah.. I promise, for the next chapters, it'll be unnie line moments. :)  *salutes*