Chapter 50

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When he saw his best friend marry the girl of his dreams in front of the people he loves and cares for, he couldn't help but think about the only woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with - Dara. In the sea of people, he can only see her. She was standing not too far from him, beside their other labelmates, focused on happily cheering for the bride and groom. He wanted to be next to her. To tell her, YOU ARE THE ONE I WANT TO MARRY. He wanted to gather her in his arms and place his lips on top of her head. He wanted to be with her. 

 

The last month was an eye opener for him. He learned, once again, that even with good intentions, not everything will happen according to plan and that he's a mere human, he makes mistakes. No matter how famous he is all over the world, or how much money he has in the bank, none of that matters if you hurt the person you love. Even big shots like him need to pick up the pieces. So like he resolved when he decided that SHE was the one, he will act like an adult and face his misguided actions. No forcing her to forgive him, no uncontrolled outburts, no using connections to get to her. Just raw, regretful self Kwon Jiyong, giving her space. 

 

But boy did he miss her. He missed her with his entire being. He longed for her every minute of the day. He dreamt of future days with her and promised himself that should she be an angel and give him a second chance, then he will do everything in his power to put a smile on her face every single day so she won't regret being back with him. 

 

When he walked in the reception hall, his eyes immediately landed on her, looking every inch of a goddess. She rarely wears feminine clothing and when she does, she never fails to take his breath away. A simple dress coat paired with black thermal footed tights and black stilettos and she's managed to turn heads. He felt a bit jealous from the men giving her attention, but mostly he felt pride. Pride for that beautiful girl right there, he said to himself, that girl will be my wife. She may not know it yet, but he's already set on making it happen. 

 

When he noticed the guests have started gathering around and paying close attention to the bride and groom after the meal was served, he didn't waste any of his time and walked to her. She might not be happy to see him, but he will take his chance. There's no way in hell he would go home tonight without telling her how he feels. He did good giving her space and time apart. Tonight, he deserves to chance to talk to her. And talk to her he did. 

 

He only planned to tell her he's still here, patiently waiting for him, he didn't think that would quickly turn into "The next time we dance, it will be our first dance as husband and wife." He didn't want to sound overly confident, nor did he want to seem too much, but the look on her face when he said it gave him a bit of hope. Her eyes lit up and though it started to form tears, he can clearly say it's not the sad kind. When she touched her hand to his chest where his heart was beating fast, all he could hope was that she feel just how genuine his love is for her. He didn't give a if people saw him crying while holding her, all that matters was she allowed him to be with her that night. 

 

He would have wanted to spend more time with her after the wedding party but she insisted she leaves with her friend CL. He wished he didn't understand the closeness between the two girls, but he's been witness to numerous days of Dara missing her leader/bestfriend and he was certain they also have limited time. So he didn't protest too much and accepted her decision to leave without him. He decided to cling to the idea that somehow, the conversation they had that night would be enough to make her realize that he's fully sincere and in it for the long haul. 

 

... and he was right. Because when he woke up the next day, she was busily preparing brunch for him in his kitchen. He thought he was dreaming when he heard movement in the kitchen so he slowly sat up, trying to hear if he was right, that someone was moving around outside his bedroom but the noise stopped. Instead of going back to bed, he headed straight for the shower to get rid of a potential hangover. He was dressed only in his boxers when he saw Dara making eggs in the kitchen. He was so surprised that he hit his knee on the edge of his coffee table. The noise he made got her attention and when she looked to where he was and found h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter