Chapter 38

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As much as Jiyong wanted to squeeze all information out of her, he just couldn't because when he woke up a little after 1pm, he was alone in bed. She left him a note in bed informing him of her salon appointment with her colorist and a meeting after. She said she'll be home before dinner. He sent her a message as soon as he was fully awake. 

 

Jiyong: Love, I'm up. You want me to pick you up after work? We can have dinner/drinks?

Sandara: Sure. I won't be finished until around 6pm though. 

J: That's fine. Let's have an early dinner and then drinks? Then maybe movie in bed?

D: Sounds great. 

J: I'll get your schedule from hyung. Then come get you. Have a lovely day today, jagiya. No tears, arrasso??

D: Arassonnnnnggggg

 

He really did not sleep a wink last night trying to figure out what's wrong. When he heard Dara's voice, he was positive she was crying. He knew her every action and sound. He knew how she sounds when she's sick, when she's happy, when she's lying, when she's been crying.. He knew it all by heart. Not even the two years apart made him forget. So he tossed and turned in bed. Paranoid that it was about him. He didn't want to wake her up, she did sound drunk and she needs the sleep. So at 3am, when he was still wide awake, he checked flights to Seoul and got  the earliest her can. He didn't even wake his parents up but gave them a quick call when he was on his car going to Dara's. No one new he was back in Seoul, except for the very annoyed Taehee who woke up at 5:30 when he called him from the airport to tell him he'll be in Seoul and he should catch a flight back the next day.

 

Today, he vowed to make her talk. He knew all kinds of prodding won't work so he thought of her constant truth serum - alcohol. He called Jjangmae and asked for her schedule for the day and the day after. He needed to be sure that she didn't have important work tomorrow if he planned to get her drunk tonight. Thankfully, he was informed that she had a day off tomorrow and she was only to go to YG so she can get a fitting for her M.O.T.T.E in KL outfit. 

 

When he picked her up, he drove her to his friend's restaurant in Gangnam. He called in advance to ask to reserve the entire place, unfortunately, there was a small group that already reserved a table before him. He was fine by that, so long as the place wasn't packed so he requested that no other table should be reserved. His friend suggested he gets the entire second floor instead and access to back entrance. 

 

When they got comfortable in their respective seats, Dara immediately over-ordered once again. He only laughed it off because she really needed to eat more than she does. He can sense that she's stressed, probably waiting for him to ask why she was crying last night. But he won't do any of that. He will wait until she actually says something. For that to happen, she needs to be relaxed and tipsy. He ordered a flavored beer for her and a pale ale for himself. 

 

Just as expected, she was getting more and more relaxed, the more she drinks. She was the epitome of light weight. It's because of her petite body, she really can not drink more than 3 bottles without getting drunk. When she was on her 3rd drink, after she's finished her seafood pasta and an entire loaf of garlic bread, she started talking. He was confused at first, because drunk Dara barely makes sense but finally, she got to the reason for the tears last night. 

 

"It's not like they are wrong, you know... I don't even know why I still make an effort! 2ne1 disbanded. I'm their weakest link. Not like I can sing well. I'm no Bom."

 

"You can sing well, Dara. If not, I wouldn't have asked you to be my guest."

 

"Right. It's because you like me."

 

"Not just that. Though, I don't just like you. I love you."

 

"Uh-huh.." she hiccuped. "You know what else they say? I'm clinging to you to be relevant again. Haha! Did they know that i'm doing the opposite?"

 

"Who are they? Who are you talking about?" he asked. Though he already has an idea. 

 

"Your fans. They hate me. They've been going insane since they learned I'll be performing with you in KL."

 

"They don't matter, don't listen to them..."

 

"She's ugly. She's too old for him. She thinks she's so special with her fan boys, she didn't think that's ages ago. She thinks she's all that. She thinks songs are written for her..." she quoted the angry antis. 

 

"It's not like I'm special enough to be written songs for." she continued sadly. Her mood getting dark quickly. "I'm a has-been K-Pop star. I'm almost 35, still clueless about life and live with my cats. I'm just trying to get by."

 

He looked at her. Really looked at her. This was the reason why he fell in love with her. She has no clue how beautiful she is. How talented. How inspiring. How so very very special. 

 

"34" he said. 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Songs. 34 songs."

 

She looked at him, confusion evident in her face.

 

"That's the number of songs I've written about you. Since we met 15 years ago. Some released and sang by me, some lent to other singers, and some written and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter