Night x + 1535

Haru

Sometimes Ryeowook still goes back to their memories. By now, he had already confessed to Kyuhyun, although it was only via a messaging application. He hoped not to taint his memories of the other man by doing it in person.

That fateful day, their last meeting...

If only he had known that was the last they'd see each other. If he had only known, he would've cherished it. He should've brought up his courage and been true to his feelings.

"I have something to give you..." Kyuhyun had shyly pulled him aside the previous day, a small smile on his face. "Just something to help you for the exams."

Ryeowook's surprise was quickly overtaken by gratitude. Kyuhyun was so thoughtful; was it really just him feeling these heart-fluttering emotions? 

"But, uhm, we don't want people to talk... I mean, this is just for you, so..." Kyuhyun looked around, rubbing his nape awkwardly.

Ryeowook thanked him with a big smile and agreed. It broke his heart a little; he felt like a dirty secret. But he had it coming, since he was the first to bring up rumors about them. He just didn't think it would bite him like this in the future.

With those in mind, he had joked around with Kyuhyun via text messages instead, thanking him for the useful gifts. Kyuhyun told him he had chosen those items specifically for Ryeowook, tried and found the best for him. How was Ryeowook to know that would've been the last time they directly interacted?

How was he supposed to know that those moments heralded the end? How do you know when something is ending? How do you know when to let go of something- or someone- which brought you happiness? How do you know when said person had let you go?

‐------------------

So I updated again! Last post was my birthday last year, which means it's been too long. It should be a good sign, because it means I had less episodes of feeling too depressed about everything. But I'm saving some drabbles in my phone actually. This one is because I'm not feeling okay right now.

I hope the chapter is okay... I don't know if I should add more, but for now, maybe this is the end.