Night 160

Haru

They were growing apart.

Sungmin, being part of Kyuhyun's group, as well as being one of their class's topnotchers (along with Kyuhyun), were part of the popular group. He, on the other hand, was part of the loners. This fact never seemed so important until he was slapped in the face with it.

Their class held another party, this time, for Christmas. Everyone was mingling, dancing around, and having shots of alcohol. Ryeowook was in the sides, watching people, trying (and failing) to keep up appearances by joining a few games. Kyuhyun was in the center of the biggest and loudest group, half of them drunk, the rest dancing loudly.

His eyes unconsciously darted to Kyuhyun, noting that he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol. Sungmin was likewise sober, stuck so closely to Kyuhyun you'd have thought they were conjoined. They remained friends; most people would argue that fact, as the two were now living together in a condominium, and never seen without the other. 

Ryeowook had given up trying to reconnect with Sungmin. If they truly had a strong friendship, a few months apart wouldn't do harm. Plus, he had a new friend in Yesung, who was beside him, trying to engage Ryeowook in a conversation with their other common friends.

Ryeowook smiled at Yesung and his friends, giving a few comments before excusing himself to leave. He hated parties, especially having to mingle. He shot a final glance around him, not noticing a certain popular man throwing a wistful look at his back.

Maybe they weren't in different worlds after all.