Page Twenty One

Dear Journal: A New Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dear Journal,

 

Today has been the longest day.

 

I drove to school with Junhui and from there we boarded the yellow bus along with the students to go to the aquarium. Seungcheol and Junhui met face to face today before we took off. It was Junhui who approached Seungcheol first. Cheol was busy checking on the engine when Junhui walked up to him and greeted. Junhui reached his hand out and introduced himself as my boyfriend. Seungcheol just smiled and introduced himself again calm, cool and collected. 

 

I took notice of how he scanned Junhui head to toe. It's always been his style to scan someone like that especially if they are related to the people he cares about.

 

When we turned our backs on him to walk back inside the school, Junhui slinged his arm around my waist and kissed my lips infront of Seungcheol as we walked away. I got startled so he asked me what was wrong. I replied it's nothing... Which is correct.. nothing wrong with your boyfriend kissing you, right?

 

I took a glance back at Seungcheol and he was just looking at us with a weak smile on his lips. Our eyes locked for a second and he just... smiled.. and gave me a nod before he turned his back to continue what he was doing.

 

When it was time to leave, I checked the kid's attendance and everything was good to go. Seunghan took the seat behind his Dad while the other kids sat everywhere inside the bus. I sat with Junhui upfront when I felt sleepy all of a sudden. I asked Junhui to watch the kids while I close my eyes for a minute. He guided my head to lean on his shoulders and held my hand.

 

Have you ever had that feeling like someone is watching you? That's what I felt after closing my eyes for a few seconds. I opened my eyes and looked at the rearview mirror of the bus when I saw Seungcheol looking at the mirror as well. I avoided his eyes and just... slept.... Don't look Seungcheol.. 

 

When we arrived, the kids ran around the aquarium and explored every little bit of creature that they can. I gave them film cameras and told them to capture all the prettiest and coolest things they found. I will print all the photos and we will look at in class as a group and discuss. There was spare cameras and so I gave one to Junhui and Seungcheol as well.

 

Each of us broke into 3 and watched over the kids wherever they go. Seungcheol obviously kept an eye on his boy and his friends.

 

"Teacher Yoon? What are those?" Sungmin pointed at a Beluga whale.

 

I answered him when I didn't realize the kids have gathered to where we were and they were listening to me as well. From a distance, I saw Junhui and Seungcheol standing side by side looking at me. 

 

I immersed myself in teaching the kids to distract myself. They were talking. What did they talk about? Was it about me..?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter