Page Twelve

Dear Journal: A New Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Dear Journal,

School today was quite eventful. Seungcheol's wife, cross that, ex-wife came to pickup Seunghan so I thought about an elaborate plan to make revenge for Seungcheol atleast within seconds upon seeing her. I didn't dismiss Seunghan to her and she was confused and kinda pissed.

What I did was just play by the rules. And the rules said, Seungcheol is his guardian that is eligible to pick him up. She could've gotten him IF she took Seunghan to school today. IF I saw that, then I would let her and also IF she had some sort of letter signed by Seungcheol to give her authorization. But it's school protocol that we don't give the kids to strangers. Eventhough she is his mom, eventhough I know it to be true myself, I chose to turn a blind eye to the cheating . Technically, she was a stranger because she didn't possess any of what i've said right? Huh.

.

"You know i'm his mom, you saw me that night, so why are you doing this?" she asked me and I froze but I kept my cool.

"It's school protocol that we don't let the kids go with a stranger," I insisted because , not today . You did to my bestfriend and you deserve something more cruel than what i'm doing.

"Look, my son here knows i'm his mom, isn't that enough?" she reasoned with confidence.

Seunghan seemed to be emotionless as his eyes just looked back and forth between me and his mom. He probably knew what was going on? No... he's a kid.

"You can be part of a syndicate and threatened a kid to act like this to come with you. What did you promise him? Candies?" I shot back like , she looked furious, "Please leave before I call the police and his father."

The ending was she left Seunghan in school while I contacted Seungcheol. It turns out he doesn't have any idea his ex-wife would be picking up Seunghan. The principal got involved and she still failed because the principal also went with the official rules. She had no ID with her, nor any documentation that she's his mother. There was no mother's name registered to the school for Seunghan's fil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter