Save Me

Lovely Bite Mark

 

 

5th Bite Mark


 

Sweet, beautiful, mesmerizing. Sunggyu wouldn't find the right adjective to describe the feelings he was currently feeling. His mind was running wild. His heart was beating so hard and so fast he was sure even his neighbors were able to hear it.

The sensation he was receiving from a single simple kiss was overwhelming. Woohyun’s lips were so soft, so lump, so perfect.

Their first kiss was just how a first kiss was supposed to be: shy, innocent and cautious. They simply placed each other’s lips together, no tongue, no extreme movements, only a sweet shared moment of bliss.

Their kiss didn’t last long, Sunggyu wasn’t sure if what he was doing was right or not, but despite his doubts, it felt so right. After Sunggyu broke the kiss he wasn’t sure what to say. Fortunately enough, he didn’t need to say a thing. He wasn’t even able to say something as Woohyun grabbed his hips gently pulling Sunggyu closer to him. And moved his other hands carefully to the older’s head, his own hand getting lost in the gold locks of Sunggyu. He pulled his head closer to his own face and tenderly closed the distance between himself and the vampire.

A second kiss. It felt just as right and perfect as the first. Sunggyu loved it. His own hands found their way around Woohyun’s neck, caressing it lovingly. Sunggyu felt how Woohyun smiled into their kiss corresponding to his own sweet gesture of love.

After they broke their second kiss, Sunggyu finally realized just how embarrassing the whole situation actually was and a blush made its way across his cheeks. He couldn’t face Woohyun anymore. His eyes focused on the floor which suddenly seemed oh so interesting.

The awkward being Sunggyu was, he couldn’t handle the situation well and quickly took a step backward and literally threw the door into Woohyun’s face, leaving the other standing outside of his apartment while Sunggyu himself had a little mental breakdown while touching his rosy lips.

Woohyun stud outside, looking at Sunggyu’s wooden door and chuckled lightly. “He is so cute but so awkward.” He knew that Sunggyu was still standing right before the door, only to embarrassed to say something or to open the door again. “Good night, Gyu. Call me as soon as you miss me, okay?” He said sweetly and immediately received an answer making him smile dearly.

“Okay, see you,” he could hear Sunggyu saying through the door before he could hear a slide sound of Sunggyu probably sliding down his door in order to sit on the floor.

Woohyun chuckled again before he slowly made his leave, turning around once or twice to look if Sunggyu would open the door -  he did not but that was okay. Woohyun was already happy as it was. They kissed, not once but twice and the second time when he initiated it the older kissed him back. Woohyun was overjoyed.

One Woohyun was home he wanted to tell Sungyeol about the sudden turn of events, but his friend was not in their shared room. Strange…he didn’t tell me about going out. Did he score himself a date at work?! Wahhh, I need to sound him out later. Woohyun’s phone suddenly rang, bringing him back to reality. He skipped to his phone which was on top of their coffee table. He answered the phone without looking at the ID thinking it would probably Sungyeol. Speaking of the devil and everything.

Woohyun could hear heavy breathing from the other line and was about to move this phone from his ear to have a look who was actually calling him as the person was already speaking. Making Woohyun smile.

“Sorry about before….,” Sunggyu mumbled sounding nervous.
“I’m not mad~ Everything is alright,” Woohyun assured him and heard a relieved yet stunned sign from the older.
“How did you even know that I was worried?”
“I just had a feeling,” he grinned and took a seat on the sofa, spreading his tired body on top of the fluffy surface.
“Are you missing me already? It’s been only, let me check, ah, 20 minutes,” Woohyun asked mockingly, a grin playing on his handsome face.
“…”
Woohyun started laughing, he wasn’t expecting an answer to begin with. Therefore, he was all the more surprised to get one.

“Yes… sleep night,” Sunggyu whispered and ended the call afterward.

“Good night, my love,” the younger hummed even though the call had already ended.

****

The rest of the week including the weekend, Woohyun was busy as he had never been before. His job, university and having to meet his parents that pretty much did nothing else then nagging him. “Why are you still single my son? I married your mother when I was your age.” “That’s right, Woohyun darling, shall we arrange a blind date for you?” His parents kept stressing about his love life, Woohyun wanted nothing else as to shut them up by saying that he was already head over heels for someone. In the end, he bit his tongue and endured the endless nagging. Only opening his mouth to make sure they understood that he was not interested in blind dates.

Now wasn’t the right time to announce his love to Sunggyu, a man. But as soon as they were an item he would not wait a minute to tell his parents. To show of Sunggyu, the beautiful person that already captured his heart. Woohyun couldn’t wait for this moment to come. But first of all, he needed to get together with his love interest.

Unfortunately, due to his tight schedule, he was not able to meet Sunggyu all week long and it slowly made its toll on him. He was down all day and his mood turned sour, only when he received a text message from the older did a smile made its way on his face. The only hour during the whole day in which he was genuinely happy was during the hour he spent talking to Sunggyu. They started calling each other every night and Woohyun realized each and every time just how much he missed the other when they weren’t talking to each other.

Monday was quick to come around and Woohyun was determined to finally meet his Sunggyu. He wanted to drop by Dongwoo’s shop and go on a date with Sunggyu as soon as his shift was at its end. A date which was really announced as such.

****
Sunggyu’s alarm clock ringed signalizing two things: 1) he had to wake up and get ready, 2) today was Monday and his first day of work in his whole life. He was scared as well as overjoyed, both at the same time resulting in a simple feeling of nervousness occupying his mind.

“Things will turn out just fine. My Sunggyu can do everything! Just smile and people will love you~”, Sunggyu thought back to his phone call with Woohyun the night before. The younger was so full of energy and optimism. Just a five-minute talk would be enough for Sunggyu to be happy and energized for the next day to come. It made his ears turn red thinking about the light stress Woohyun applied to the word “my”.

Sunggyu buried his face in his hands, smiling away his nervousness and just as he was about to check his phone the display started to glow and a notification popped up.

He quickly opened the text message he had received and his heart busted from happiness.

FROM: Liebling

Yahooo~ Gyu, face today head on! You will master your first tasks, I’m sure! If you are at a loss for words just think of the customers as me, what would you say to me? Say it to them with confidence written all over your face! My cutie Gyu will win all hearts~

PS. Look forward to your first shift ended, Woohyunnie’s going to surprise you!


After such a sweet text Sunggyu was ready to “face today head on”. He quickly changed into something nice, yet comfy and made his way to Dongwoo. Not forgetting to response to Woohyun’s text with a , in his opinion, sly replay.


TO: Liebling

Are you sure you won’t be jealous if I talk to the customers just how I would talk to you?
Take lots of notes during class and no skipping!

PS. I am very much looking forward to your surprise, it better be great or else I’ll be disappointed.  

 

Sunggyu reached Dongwoo’s shop in time and was greeted with the gummy smile Dongwoo’s face was pretty much always decorated with.

“Good morning, Sunggyu! It’s so nice to see you! Come follow me, I’ve got your work clothes.” Sunggyu followed him into the storage room of the shop which was filled with many deco elements for Dongwoo’s flower arrangements as well as a big selection of flower vases and planters. Dongwoo disappeared behind a high shelve and rely seconds later with a white dress shirt and an apron in his hands. He handed both to Sunggyu and pointed on top of the apron, a proud smile resting on his face.
“My boyfriend embroidered your name onto your apron. He is such a multi-talent.”
Sunggyu had a close look at the apron and immediately noticed the dedicatedly embroidered letters in the middle, next to his name was a little white flower. The white flower looked like the once he had adored in the midnight forest. He was in love with his apron. “It’s so beautiful, thank you,” Sunggyu breathed out still looking at the apron. “I’ll pass it on to him~ Take your time changing and come to the counter as soon as your done.” Dongwoo left the room and Sunggyu quickly changed into his new clothes.

After Sunggyu reached the counter Dongwoo started showing him around the shop. Explaining things, pointing to flowers and naming them and telling Sunggyu to memorize the flowers and their names. He, of course, knew that this would be too much to ask and handed Sunggyu a list of the flowers on which the name, a picture, and the price was listed.

Dongwoo’s introduction took around two hours and was interrupted by customers once or twice. The flower shop owner took these opportunities to show Sunggyu how to work with customers, how to use the register and how to properly wrap flowers.

Sunggyu listened closely and nodded every once in a while, really trying to remember everything that his new boss has told him or was teaching him.

After another two hours of closely observing Dongwoo, it was Sunggyu’s turn to take orders and talk to customers. The first few interactions were rather awkward, but Sunggyu seemed to get better with each and every person that entered the store. Dongwoo was always close in order to step in if needed after he was sure Sunggyu was capable of handling things on his own he left the counter and started doing some flower arrangements. Fortunately for Sunggyu today was not as busy as usual and he had plenty of time to get used to his new work.

Dongwoo had told him that his first week would be an easy one, no difficult work and that his workload would increase over the weeks- he was so thankful towards the other.
The hours passed in no time, lunch was spent together eating pasta, Dongwoo had ordered for them. They chatted a bit and after half an hour it was time to get back to work. The other half of the day was quick as well. Sunggyu liked the atmosphere the shop had to it and the sweet Dongwoo made things only better. Whenever Sunggyu had a question he was quick to answer and thanks to that Sunggyu wasn’t afraid to ask things as he had initially thought he would be.

His shift, his first day of work was nearly at its end and the vampire couldn’t hide his excitement. His mood was on a high. Yet, it only took one mistake to bring him back to reality. The reality that he had pushed back into the darkest corner of his mind. The fact that he was no human.

Sunggyu heard a faint “Ouch” from the back room in which Dongwoo was cutting flowers and Sunggyu didn’t even need to ask the other what happened. He smelled it, a wave of need, of hunger overcame him and Sunggyu had a really hard time not to burst into the room and bite Dongwoo.

The smell of blood was filling the room, making Sunggyu’s mind go crazy. His already sharp fangs got longer and even sharper, peeking out of his mouth. Sunggyu grabbed onto the counter, trying to stop himself from walking. He only realized his own strength as he heard a cracking noise from the counter on which he was holding onto. He immediately let go and looked and accidentally saw his own reflection in a vase -  he was scared of what he was seeing. His eyes were glowing, they glowed so strongly and Sunggyu wanted nothing else, but to have it stop.

He wanted to ask Dongwoo if he was okay if he needed help, but he couldn’t. The only thing he was able to do before his mind went blank was to lock himself inside of the restroom.

He literally hid inside of a corner, his hands on his head, his knees pushed to his torso.
“I don’t want this, please stop. I still have a few days. Please, I don’t want to. If I bite him, I can never return, I would need to leave. I don’t want to leave. But I could maybe make him forget? I don’t know if I still have the ability though. But still, I don’t want to. Woohyun…please come and save me….,” Sunggyu mumbled, feeling how hot tears filled his eyes. He despite himself. He just wanted to be a human. He didn’t want to hurt anybody.

***

Woohyun was in a good mood as he entered Dongwoo’s store. His eyes immediately scanned the area for the pair of eyes he wanted to look into the most but was only meet with a seemingly empty store.

“Dongwoo?” He walked around the counter and finally spotted someone. Dongwoo was busy putting the first aid kit back to its original spot and turned around as he heard a voice calling out for him.

“Where is Gyu? And are you alright?” Dongwoo chuckled lightly, Woohyun’s priority was more than just obvious before he started to worry.

“Is Sunggyu not at the cashier desk?” Woohyun shook his head. “Then he must be at the restroom,” Dongwoo pointed to a room at the far end of the store and Woohyun noded.

“He’ll be out in no time,” Dongwoo said and checked his clock. “He’s done for today too. He did very well, just so you know! A good soon-to-be boyfriend you’ve got there~” Dongwoo playfully hit his shoulder and started off a conversation. They talked for a few minutes before Woohyun couldn’t take it anymore. Something was telling him that something was wrong. He had a bad feeling in his guts.

“I’ll check on him, okay?” Woohyun said, not waiting for an answer and made his way to the restroom. He studs before it, placed his ear on the door and tried to hear what was going on inside. He was only able to hear Sunggyu mumble.

“Sunggyu, it’s me. Open the door for me,” Woohyun whispered against the door and heard how Sunggyu immediately shifted after he had heard his voice.

The vampire finally snapped out of his trance-like state as he heard Woohyun’s smooth voice. He looked at the door and noticed how the disgusting smell of blood was not present anymore as it was replaced by Woohyun’s alluring scent. The smell he loved most in the world. Sunggyu hurriedly stud up and was about to unlock the door as he remembered the state his eyes were still in. He looked into the mirror and saw that his eyes still had a light glow to them but not as strong as before.

He heard Woohyun knock on the door and decided to open it despite his eyes. He simply closed them. Seconds after he had opened the door, he already felt Woohyun embracing him. The warmth of the younger transferring to his own cold body, making him feel thausend times better than before.

“What’s wrong? You can tell me,” he whispered into Sunggyu’s ear and the vampire would have loved to tell him what was going on with him. How much he hated this, how much he despite being a vampire. How his body was still a vampire, but his mind was never. But he couldn’t, instead, he chose to bury his face into the younger’s neck which turned out to be a huge mistake as he could feel, could hear, could literally taste the blood which was running so deliciously through Woohyun’s veins.

Sunggyu was about to lose his reason and mind and to bite his beloved Woohyun as he felt his heart sting. He immediately pulled back and pressed his lips to Woohyun’s instead. His heart stopped stinging and his mind was at peace. He felt better. He was alright now.

Woohyun kissed him back at once, caressing his back and head. The touch made Sunggyu breath normally again. His thirst for blood was gone - at least for now.

They broke the kiss after a few sweet moments at Woohyun placed his hand on Sunggyu’s cheek, rubbing it with his thumb.

“Are you alright?” He was so worried. He had never seen the older like this.
“Yes, now I am alright,” he smiled gently and finally opened his eyes, the glow was gone. Woohyun took the older’s hand in his and they left the restroom.

They assured Dongwoo that everything was alright and bid him farewell for today. After they left the store Woohyun wasn’t sure if today would be a good idea to go on a date, since Sunggyu was feeling so bad only moments ago. Yet, despite his worries, Sunggyu was back to his usual happy self.

“You promised a surprise, so where is it?” He asked playfully and Woohyun didn’t wait another second.

 



 

Hi my Lovelyz~

Ahhh, I missed you guys. It makes me so happy whenever someone leaves a comment for me! Thanks a million for reading this story <3