Taste of Delight

Lovely Bite Mark

 

2. Bite Mark


 

 

The new morning had arrived and even after hours of sound sleep, Sunggyu was still tired to the core. Maybe he would have slept a tad bit longer, but the disturbing sound of his broken apartment bell mercilessly woke him up. He tried rubbing the sleep from his face and eyes, stretched himself and walked to the door. Who could it be? I don‘t know a soul yet….oh my god, I hope it‘s not the boy from yesterday if he‘s in front of my door did he then ….how is it called again? Ah yes, stalked me then? But why would he do such a thing? Nahhh never. On the other hand, I have his scarf! He wants his scarf back! Sunggyu‘s mind was running wild and he was only interrupted by another ring of the bell. He immediately opened the door without looking through the peephole - he didn‘t know what this thing in his door was good for anyways.

„Hi, my dear! How was your first night? Is everything alright? If you need anything just let me know! I‘m always willing to help such a nice, polite young man~“, his landlord, Mrs. Nam, said cheerful and looked at Sunggyu with beaming eyes. „Good morning Mrs. Nam. Everything is perfectly fine and I am very happy to be here. I would ask you to have a cup of tea with me, but unfortunately I didn‘t go shopping yesterday,“ Sunggyu told her and sincerely hoped that humans really enjoyed tea as much as he had read in books- he had never had a cup himself. He read in an etiquette guide that this would be a usual reaction to somebody visiting; he prayed that this was the right way to do this and that he did not come off as a total weirdo.

„Oh thank you! And no problem my dear~ I only wanted to check on you and give you something!“, the woman was so happy that Sunggyu invited her for tea that an instant feeling of
relieve overcame Sunggyu. She handed him a big bag full of clothes and the slender vampire first looked at the bag before he eyed her having multiple question marks written all over his face. „This is for you! You only had one bag with you so I thought a few more clothes wouldn‘t be bad. And before you can even feel bad, I didn‘t spend even one penny on them. They are from my nephew. He used to buy himself this oversized stuff and nowadays he‘s not that fond of them anymore. His mom, my sister, gave me his clothes to donate them to some charity organization. But I thought I rather give them to you since you seem to like oversized stuff. If you don‘t like them that‘s no problem at all,“ She explained while Sunggyu had a look through the hoodies and sweatshirts- he liked all of them. And something inside him told him to keep the clothes, he sensed something from them; even Sunggyu wasn‘t sure what this feeling was, but it was oddly familiar.

„I would really love to keep them, thank you so much!“, it was by no means a lie, Sunggyu was seriously happy. „Okay then, they are yours. I have to go now, unfortunately, but I‘ll drop by again sometime,“ she chirped happily and grinned at Sunggyu. „Please do and thank you once again!“

After Mrs, Nam left, Sunggyu had another good look at the clothes and as soon as he could smell a certain sect on them his heart started to beat faster. They smelled like soap - probably freshly washed - but there was another sect on them. He knew this so familiar smell of honey, strawberries, and flowers, yet he couldn‘t remember from where.

In the end, he gave up thinking about it and put the baby blue oversized sweatshirt on. It was made with an exceptionally fluffy material and the vampire loved the feeling of it on his skin.

„Speaking of tea… I have to go out now and try
human food! I have to find out if I can actually taste something,“ he exclaimed, took a bit of his money and left his apartment. He was a vampire, he needed blood to survive. This fact has not changed. However, since he was now a part of human society, he had to eat human food as well. Blending in was an important task. And to be honest, he was also so curious about it. He sincerely hoped that he could taste one or two things. If a human would ever happen to taste blood, it would pretty much always taste the same. For vampires, however, each and every type of blood tastes different.

It could taste sweet, savory, salty, plain or even bitter. It depends on the person one drinks blood from, their blood type, their mood and whether they were afraid or not. A frightened person‘s body was filled with only bitter blood while a person in pleasure was filled with sweet blood. That‘s why many vampires in the City of Vampire used the pretext of in order to drink blood.

The amount of blood a vampire
needs varies from vampire to vampire. A normal amount would be once a week. There are also vampires that needed blood every three days to live normally and then there was Sunggyu. He needed to drink a small amount of blood every six weeks. His appearance wasn‘t the only abnormal thing about him. He was actually happy about it. He didn‘t like biting people and he has never done it so far. He lived of banked blood even during his years in the vampire world. He loved humans, he didn‘t want to bite them. The banked blood was actually meant to be for kids only, but Sunggyu somehow managed to get them anyways. It pretty much always tasted the same, but he didn‘t mind that. There was a myth in the vampire world though which stated that if one finds the human with which one's soul is bound the blood would be indescribable tasty. Sunggyu wasn‘t sure if that story was actually true since in his environment nobody was really that interested in humans. Nobody looked for the human which held a part of their own soul within their body. However, Sunggyu knew that a similar thing to a soul bound did exist within the vampire world. The couple only had to talk once for them to feel that they needed to be together. Rather than a feeling it was something that made them unbelievable comfortable with the other. Once found, the bound would never be broken.

Sunggyu thought of this to be utterly cute and actually wished for something like this as well. Good thing was that he was capable of really feeling things. Yet, even though he was already so old, he still had to learn to understand all his feelings. He wasn‘t even that long in the human world, but he had already experienced so many unfamiliar feelings.



Sunggyu walked along the street looking for a supermarket or something similar and found one right around the corner, next to a cozy looking coffee shop. He entered the supermarket and got himself: strawberries, apples, sausages, bread, a bowl of mixed salad and a pre-made meal. He chose them randomly. The strawberries though since he knew the smell of them.

Once he left the store he remembered that he wanted to try drinking tea and went to have a look at the coffee shops menu. Then suddenly a spark ran through his back and his heart started to beat really fast as he smelled this familiar sect again which could be smelled even outside after a customer had opened the door to leave the coffee shop. In his reflection on the shop‘s glass
front Sunggyu noticed the slight glow of his eyes. They very lightly glowed goldenly. Lightly or not, they still glowed and Sunggyu ran as fast as possible home.


A vampires eyes glow as soon as their body wanted blood and they glowed very strong while blood. As soon as Sunggyu had reached his home he locked his door and ran to the mirror wanting to check his eyes. They were light brown again. No golden glow. It was gone and Sunggyu was seriously asking himself what the hell was going on.

„Maybe I mistook the sunlight as glow? Yes, I‘m sure. It was only the sun. I drank blood on my birthday meaning I have about 5 weeks before I‘ll be hungry. Everything is fine,“ Sunggyu walked cycles, biting his pointy nails. Now that his body has adjusted to his half-human form, the vampire features which stayed can be identified by Sunggyu. On the one hand, he has lost the ability to shift, to fly, to vanish as smoke, to control thoughts and to put his own will onto other people, on the other hand, he was now able to walk in bright daylight and could still erase memories. His appearance didn‘t change that much, his nails were still really pointy, his eyes still in the same shade and his fangs were also still present.

„Whatever! I‘ll dig in now~“, the vampire opened the supermarket bag and placed all items on the table. He took a bite of all
things, but unfortunately, everything was tasteless for him. He was horribly disappointed. The only thing left was the strawberries.

„Mhmm they smell so good, maybe I can taste them,“ he took a bit and the sweet flavor of them immediately covered all his taste buds. „This is so delicious,“ he sniffed and noticed his cheeks were wet. He slowly touched his cheeks and started laughing. „How embarrassing.“ Just by tasting something delicious he was touched to tears. Is life had consisted of a plain taste of blood and daily torture and now that he felt so happy he couldn‘t keep his emotions in.

He finished the whole bowl of strawberries in one go.

 



 

Hey my Lovelyz~

Thanks for the wait~ I'm just so busy with uni T_T

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, in the next Namu will be officially introduced.

On a side note, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND SWEET COMMENTS! You guys really make me happy and encourage me to write <3 A thousand kisses for my Lovelyz