Interwined Hands

Lovely Bite Mark

 

5th Bite Mark

 


 

 

The doorbell ringed interrupting Sunggyu‘s train of thought as he was sitting on his couch looking outside of the window. Wondering what „love“ actually was and how humans express this special feeling. He slowly walked to the door pondering who it could be. Deep down in his heart, he really wishes Woohyun would be the one that pushed the bell, but he knew that it couldn‘t be the younger since he had to attend classes until late today.

He carefully opened the door and was greeted by a familiar smile and a bag full of stuff. „Hello, my darling! How have you been? Sorry for dropping by without calling before. But this is the exact reason why I‘m here! You don‘t have a smartphone am I right?“ Mrs. Nam entered the apartment after Sunggyu had greeted her and put the plastic bag on the kitchen counter. She was such a nice woman and ever since Sunggyu knew that she was Woohyun‘s aunt he liked her even more. „No problem, Mrs. Nam. I‘ve been doing fine. Are you fine too? And yes I don‘t have one yet. I‘m really sorry that you can‘t get in contact with me without coming here,“ Sunggyu was really feeling down. It must be such a hassle for the woman to keep on dropping by whenever she wanted to tell him something.

„Oh no, dear! No need to be down! I‘m here to give you one today! I still had an old one lying around from my own kid. She doesn‘t need it anymore that‘s why I thought I‘d give it to you. It‘s a rather old model but better than nothing I think,“ she explained and revealed the smartphone which she was talking about. It was about the size of her palm and white. The display was crack free and it looked rather new. Sunggyu had seen such phones before but never played around with one. „I can‘t possibly accept this. You have already helped me so much and even gifted me clothes…“ Sunggyu shook both hands in front of his torso making her smile. She liked humble people and the timed but cute Sunggyu was really humble and sweet. „No, no I insist. Then I can contact you without having to come here and you can stay in contact with your friends. I already asked my daughter and she would like you to have it,“ she placed her warm hand on Sunggyu‘s shoulder and nodded reassuring. Sunggyu couldn‘t decline anymore, it would be rude to do so. „Thank you so much, you are a real blessing. Really, thank you,“ Sunggyu thanked her and meant every word.

„That‘s the spirit. You are very welcome. If my daughter weren‘t married already I would introduce the two of you,“ she grinned and handed Sunggyu the phone. He looked at the small device in his hands and wondered how to turn its own. The lady seemed to notice the puzzled look and decided to explain everything to him. She took the phone and unlocked it, showing Sunggyu which button to push. He nodded along with her explanation and tried to memorize everything he was told.

At some point, they got to the gallery function and even though Mrs. Nam was sure she had deleted every picture on the camera roll two pictures were in the gallery.
She opened them and Sunggyu couldn‘t hide his smile. Mrs. Nam immediately noticed the blinding smile on his face and curiosity hit her.

The pictures Sunggyu was smiling so shamelessly upon was a picture of her daughter and Woohyun and then one of Woohyun alone, which made his smile even bigger.

„Do you by any chance know my nephew?“ she asked and pointed to the smiling Woohyun on the picture. Sunggyu nodded eagerly and it warmed her heart.

„Ohh I see, you know what, I give you his number! Call him and tell him that you have a phone now! I‘m sure he will be delighted,“ she chirped and only moments later Sunggyu‘s first contact was saved.

The two of them chatted a bit more before she made her leave. Sunggyu was alone again but now with a smartphone in his hands. A big grin formed on his face as he looked at the photo of Woohyun again. He loves it. Woohyun looked so handsome. He was wearing a pink hoodie together with a pink cap, it was a casual look, but it looked so good on him. Sunggyu learned that pink was a color associated with girls while blue was mainly used for boys, however, Woohyun looked great in pink and he mentally made a note that pink isn‘t a color only for girls.

He kept on playing around with the phone and accidentally managed to set Woohyun‘s photo as the smart phone‘s wallpaper. It was on accident, but Sunggyu couldn‘t be happier. He checked the time on the little clock which was right above Woohyun‘s head. It said seven p.m. By now Woohyun must have finished all his classes…..I think. Shall I really call him? Sunggyu was deep in thought. Mrs. Nam had told him that he wouldn‘t need to get a cell phone contact with a new phone number since there was a pre-paid card in the phone with some money still on it.

Sunggyu took a deep breath, closed his eyes and quickly pressed „call“. The dialing sound was quick to appear and Sunggyu‘s heart was beating so fast and loud he could hear it ringing in his ears.

The call was accepted.

„Oh, hello Noona, I thought you changed your number back then?“ a confused Woohyun could be heard and Sunggyu‘s voice was caught in his throat.
„Noona? Are you okay?“ he asked as no answer was given.
„Ah, I…I,“ Sunggyu started nervously but didn‘t bring a single word out.
A short pause filled with silence filled the phone call.
„I‘m sure you are not her husband and not her, so who are you?“ Woohyun got suspicious, if the other person would say at least a bit more he could maybe make out the caller.
„Woohyun-ah, I‘m…,“ Sunggyu started, but was interrupted by an overly excited Woohyun.
„Sunggyu!“ the other exclaimed happily and Sunggyu instantly nodded, only seconds later realizing that the other couldn‘t see him, that why he needed to answer him.
„Jup, I…I hope Í‘m not bothering you right now,“
„No, no never! Uni just ended, that‘s why I wanted to visit you anyways! How come you have a cell now?“ Woohyun‘s happiness and excitement would even be sensed through a phone call. Sunggyu was happy that he chose to call the younger.
„My landlord, Mrs. Nam, gave me the old smartphone of her daughter. Ah, and your number. I hope you don‘t mind,“ Sunggyu explained shyly, playing with the cushion on which he was sitting.
„Not at all! I wanted to give you my number anyways. Gyu, are you busy right now? Would it be okay if I drop by? I have something nice to tell you!
„Sure, I‘ll be waiting for you,“ Sunggyu said sweetly and before he could say anything more his doorbell ringed again.

„No need to wait,“ Woohyun flashed a one million dollar smile and waved at Sunggyu with his phone still in his hand.

„What would you have done if I hadn‘t been at home, or if I had been busy?“ Sunggyu couldn‘t help himself but laugh as the other only shrugged.

„So my aunt dropped by and gave you a phone. Did you get something else from her?“ Woohyun asked curiously as he spotted yet again another hoodie which used to be his on Sunggyu. The other titled his head cutely thinking about the question.

„Ah yes! I received a bag of clothing from her. The stuff inside was so nice! I think I‘ve only been wearing them instead of my own clothes,“ Sunggyu explained and touched the white piece of clothing he was currently wearing.
„I see, did she tell you from whom the clothes are?“ Woohyun wanted to suppress the smile which was forming on his lips, but failed. „They used to be all mine,“ he grinned and mustered Sunggyu from head to toe. It was such a good idea to give his old clothes to his aunt.
„D-do you want them back? I..I didn‘t know they were yours,“ Sunggyu‘s eyes widen and a blush formed on his cheeks. Without him knowing he has been wearing the younger clothes, due to some unknown reason this new information made him unbelievable happy.

„No, no you keep them! They look a lot better on you! And I‘m pretty sure you‘ll be wearing even more of my clothes in future. I really like them on you,“ Woohyun confessed dreamily, caught in his fantasy before he could pull himself together again.

„Anyways! Have you eaten already? Let‘s go have something good to eat. My treat of course,“ Woohyun stumbled quickly, in the hope the older wouldn‘t comment on his prior statement. Sunggyu couldn‘t even answer as he was already pulled out of his apartment. Woohyun was holding his hand and this was reason enough not to complain.

The two of them walked down the street still holding hands and didn‘t let go until they reached the restaurant of Woohyun‘s choice. Sunggyu actually didn‘t want to eat something, he knew that he wouldn‘t taste it unless it was something with strawberries in it. It was so strange. He couldn‘t really explain it to himself, but the only thing he was capable of tasting, besides blood, was strawberries. He would love to ask another vampire about the possible reason, but unfortunately, he couldn‘t. The only cannon reason he could think of was this sweet strawberry smell that he smelled whenever Woohyun was next to him. It was the first smell that made his heart skip a beat, which made his desire for blood rise. So maybe that was why he could taste the flavor to the matching smell. On the other hand, it could also be pure coincidence.

The two of them entered the restaurant and the gentleman Woohyun was, he pulled the chair out for Sunggyu and gave the menu to Sunggyu before getting his own.

Sunggyu nervously looked through the menu, hoping he could find something that maybe had a taste to it. He didn‘t mind that the food he was eating in front of other people tasted like nothing to him. He ate to look like a normal human being. But he certainly didn‘t want to act in front of Woohyun, especially if the younger would pay for him.

His eyes lit up as he spotted a dessert which included strawberries.

„Do you know what you want to eat?“ Woohyun asked sweetly and gazing at Sunggyu.
„Strawberry mouse and a water, what will you be having?“ he grinned and Woohyun pointed to dish on the menu. The younger ordered for the two of them and Sunggyu closely watched, the next time they share a meal he wants to treat the other and order for them.

It took about half an hour for their food to arrive and they immediately dig in. After Sunggyu had finished half of his sweet treat he remembered the reason they actually met in the first place.
„You wanted to tell me something good, you said. So what‘s it about?“ he asked and Woohyun turned his attention from his steak to Sunggyu. „Oh yes! I totally forgot. I asked around for a job for you. And a friend of mine opened a flower shop and he said he needs help. Just a second, I have a job description with me,“ Woohyun turned around and looked through his pockets, found the leaflet of Dongwoo and handed it to Sunggyu. Sunggyu had some troubles reading the bad handwriting but he ultimately managed.

„He is really nice. His name is Dongwoo and he is a bit older than me. He said we could drop by his store. He seemed quite interested in you,“ Woohyun checked his watch and if they finished their food fast they could even go today.

Sunggyu was really touched by the others actions. He went as far as looking for a job for him even though he himself hadn‘t really looked into the matter yet. „Thank you so much, I‘m really glad that I met you. Seriously. Good thing you were such a creep,“ Sunggyu thanked him whole-heartily but ended up laughing as Woohyun pouted at his last statement.

„I know I was a creep, no need to tell me. If my creepy-self didn‘t surface we wouldn‘t be sitting here,“ he defends himself and his eyes got wide as Sunggyu reached over the table to touch his cheeks. Sunggyu placed both of his hands on his face, tenderly yet unsure. „Thank you,“ he said, a smile brighter than the sun, and caressed Woohyun‘s face. Seconds later he pulled his hands back and took his spoon, put some of his dessert on it and lead it to Woohyun‘s mouth. „Here have some of my dessert as an extra thank you,“ he grinned and placed the warm spoon inside of Woohyun‘s mouth.

Woohyun was super confused. Sunggyu was always cute, but this was too much in too little time.

„Can we drop by if we finish our food fast enough?“ the older asked excited and Woohyun finally snapped out of his trance. „Yes, sure! I‘m sure he will be delighted to see us.“

The two of them finished their food in no time, Woohyun paid and Sunggyu thanked him for his invitation. They left the restaurant and this time around Sunggyu was the one who took Woohyun‘s hand. He loved the warmth the other had. The warmth which spread all over his own body as soon as he touched the younger.

There was no need for words to express their thoughts. Their closeness was enough in this very moment. The walk to Dongwoo‘s store was a short one, but it was a special moment for the two.

They kept on walking and after another corner, Dongwoo‘s shop was in their line of sight.

Coincidently Dongwoo was standing in front of his shop and just like Woohyun and Sunggyu were able to see him, he could see them.

Not a couple, Dongwoo scoffed as he spotted the intertwined hands of the two men approaching him. We better go on a double date in future~

“Hello, you two! You must be Sunggyu, I assume. Woohyun talked only positive about you~,” Dongwoo greeted and Sunggyu immediately bowed before he took both of Dongwoo’s hands to shake them.

“Ahh, so polite. Come let’s go into the store. I’ll finish soon then we can have a drink if you guys want,” Dongwoo flashed a smile and opened the door for his two visitors to enter the still lit up store.

Dongwoo took a seat behind the counter after he pulled two chairs out of a corner for the other two to sit on. “So, Sunggyu, tell me a bit about you. I assume Woohyun told you that I need some help here. Have you ever worked in a flower shop before?”Sunggyu wasn’t sure what to say. Sure to serve a lie would only bring him harm, but it would certainly not be ideal to tell the other that he had never worked in his life before. And what is he supposed to tell him about himself? He has been dodging such questions since he actually didn’t want to lie about his past. He just wants to keep quiet about it. Nobody needs to know that he is a 600 years old vampire. He looked like a perfectly normal maybe 25 years old male -  a bite to pale and his body temperature was way too low, but that wasn’t too noticeable at first glance.

“I’ve never worked at a flower shop before, but I’m quick to adapt and really want to learn how to be helpful! I’m sure I can be a big help!” Sunggyu decided to drop the whole “tell me about you” stuff and to go straight to the point, hoping Dongwoo would be more interested about that anyways.

“Mhmmm, I like your spirit. I’m sure you would get the hang of the work real quick. I pretty much only need someone to help me with cutting flowers and who is at the counter while I arrange them. You are really polite and good-looking too,” Dongwoo started and his eyes went between the nervous looking Sunggyu and Woohyun who was massaging the others stiff shoulder - an act of reassuring the other things would work out.

“No need to be so stiff,” Dongwoo laughed and patted Sunggyu’s hand. “Woohyun recommended you that’s why I’m hundred pro cent sure you will be a great help. You can work full-time, right? Would you be okay if your first work day would be on Monday?” Sunggyu smiled from one ear to another, he first looked over to Woohyun who already flashed him two thumbs-up before he stood up to thank the flower shop owner.

“Thank you so much! I will not disappoint you!”
“You sure won’t~ Monday 9 a.m, okay?” Sunggyu nodded eagerly and shook Dongwoo’s hands again, showing his gratitude.

After the short “interview” Sunggyu and Woohyun helped to close the store and even though they all would have loved going for a drink, Dongwoo received a call saying he needed to get home as soon as possible. His parents decided to drop by without a notice and even though Dongwoo’s boyfriend was okay being alone with his parents, Dongwoo just didn’t want him to be all awkward with them. He was the son after all so he should take care of his parents himself.

Dongwoo quickly bid the other two goodbye and hurried home.

As soon as Dongwoo was out of sight Sunggyu couldn’t keep his emotions in anymore. “I have a job! Hyun!” he jumped up and down like an excited kid and got the younger to jump with him in unison.
“Yes, you have a job, Gyu. Good job!” After a few minutes of jumping, they finally noticed just how rediculous they must look like and quiet down, getting ready to walk home again.

Woohyun walked Sunggyu home again and it slowly looked like it would develop into a habit of him - none of them minded it.

Woohyun already said his goodbye as he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. “Really, thank you. As soon as I have earned some money the next meal is on me~,” Sunggyu sing-songed into the youngers ear, creating butterflies in Woohyun’s stomach. Woohyun swiftly returned the hug and felt how Sunggyu pressed his face into his own shoulder. Felling the older’s breath on his warm skin. A sensation Woohyun could get used to.

“You are most welcome,” Woohyun whispered back and felt a smile forming on Sunggyu’s face. They stayed a bit like that but at some point, even the most comfortable hug has to end.

Their faces were only inched apart from each other after they broke the hug and they mustered each other’s faces. A gentle smile rested on Woohyun’s face and Sunggyu couldn’t decide where to look-  his eyes? his lips?

Sunggyu like all of Woohyun, he loved all about Woohyun. Sure, he didn’t know all that is to know about Woohyun, but he and Woohyun shared something. A deep connection. He couldn’t describe it very well, but he could feel it. This feeling reached every cell in his body. He was drawn to this human. He has only received kindness ever since he left his old world, yet, the feelings he had for Woohyun, the feelings he received from the younger were on a whole different level.

Love…, Sunggyu thought as he was immersed in Woohyun’s chocolate brown orbs. What do humans do if they love someone? How do they show it? It suddenly snapped in his brain. He had read so many books about humans and in one a certain act which was called “kiss” was explained.

Without thinking another second he leaned forward and pressed his lips on Woohyuns, catching the latter off guard.
 

 



 

Hi my Lovelyz~

I'm back with another chapter~ I know... the development is so slow this time around XDD I don't know why... My writing may has lost its touch, well, I still hope you guys like it~

At least you got a kiss💕

I have two key scences already planed out in my head and they will be so much fun to write, but since the plot is so slow it gotta take some time to reach the storie's 🙈

 

ps. I'm soooo excited for Gyu's comeback! But on a side note, screw Woollim for announcing it on Hyun's bday, what is wrong with this company?!