The Dark Night Passes

Lovely Bite Mark

Prologue


 

It was a pitch black night with no stars and a hidden moon, a night which was filled with such a distinct silence that it was almost scary. Sunggyu looked up the sky wishing he would at least spot one shining star, but was let down as he only saw the sky shrouded in darkness. Sunggyu felt as alone as never before. It was the night before his birthday, the night before his maybe most important decision of his lifetime. Yet, he was standing in the middle of a forest, all alone and not even the stars wanted to spent time with him. However, he was used to being alone, he was always alone. Because he was different. He was oh so different from the rest of the cities citizens. And each and everyday he was reminded yet again just how different he actually is. Not only did his looks set him apart from the others, but also his emotions. He felt them. He felt loneliness, love, anger, happiness, all emotions you could think of and this was not a good thing in the world he was living in, which was filled with only darkness and the smell of blood. The city of vampires. Sunggyu was one of them. Even though he wish he wasn‘t. He hated this life, he hated the city, he hated the people living there, he hated everything. Vampires have red shining eyes, jet black hair, no real emotions and are always thirsty for blood. Sunggyu is the exact opposite.

His hair has a beautiful golden color with a bit bronze mixed into it, and his eyes are shiny golden, the color of the sun he loved so much. Yet his skin was just like a vampires, as white as the snow on a winter day.

Sunggyu took a stole through the only place he actually liked - the midnight forest. This forest was right at the border to the human world, which was yet again a thing he loved whole- healthy. When he was still a child he had first discovered the human world. Not because he went there to drink blood from a randomly chosen victim, but to see this so different world.

It was a day full of bullying and fights, although vampires were not capable of feeling emotions properly, they were experts of experiencing the emotion „hate“. They hated the humans, they hated the daytime and they hated Sunggyu. He was different and different equals wrong. Since he can remember Sunggyu used to hide within the vast forest to hid from all this other people who only wanted to hurt him, he was feed up with getting hurt. A vampire life is just so long and therefore, the torture he was receiving was just as long. He kept running and running through this forest until he had reached an invisible border behind which a beautiful world full of excitement was hidden. The human world. Sunggyu couldn‘t remember how but he ended up being in the human world, just for a few hours, but these hours were the happiest in his life. This was the moment he decided to leave his old life behind. He hated it anyways. And today was the day before he could really leave this hellish place.

Tomorrow would mark his 600th birthday and in vampire age this was the day a vampire has his coming of age. In the vampire society one could decide where to live on this special day. One could continue being a creature of the night, feeding from blood only and hiding in this mystic place called „City of Vampire“ or one could decide to leave the society, one‘s family, one‘s friends, simply put, cut all ties to this world. Which also meant that one would lose the power to transform into a bat, on the other hand, gain the ability to walk around during daytime.

Sunggyu was afraid of heights anyway, had no friends and disliked his family- it wasn‘t really that had of a decision.

„Tomorrow is going to be the day!“ Sunggyu exclaimed happily and sat down within a sea of white flowers. He took a little flower between his fingers and rolled it around blissfully. „I‘ve been waiting so long for this day. Finally I can leave all this behind,“ he mumbled and lay down, enjoying the wonderful smell of the flowers next to him. „I have experienced enough hell for a lifetime, it‘s time that my real life begins. I‘m going to finally be happy. Freaking heads, what doesn‘t kill you, makes you stronger,“ the vampire said strong-willed and got up again to leave his most favorite spot and get back „home“. He disliked his parents, they treated him like trash, sure, he looked different and behaved differently, but was this really enough to treat him that baldy. It wasn‘t his fault after all, he was born this way. „Today is the last day, the last day, the last day, just get your stuff and hide,“ Sunggyu chanted quietly to encourage himself before he opened the door to his home. The devaluating stares he received from the people he called parents hurt his soul. „What a disgrace you are,“ his mother spitted before she left the room- she couldn‘t stand being in the same room as the disgrace of the family.
„Oh, hi to you too.“ Sunngyu mumbled pissed and immediately received a hit from his „father“. „How dare you speak to my wife like this,“ right after, he left as well, leaving Sunggyu alone, standing in the middle of the living room. „These …..“, Sunggyu breathed out heavily, but could stop himself from saying a curse word- vampires have extremely good ears. He would have received a good beating if he had not restrained himself.

He packed all his stuff and hid underneath the staircase, waiting for the day to pass and the new night to begin.

From then on everything happen in the speed of light. It was his birthday- not that anyone cared or celebrated with him. However, he was not the only one who was coming of age today and all birthday kids gathered in the town hall of the city. Announcing whether they would stay within the vampire society or leave. All of them stayed, Sunggyu left.

 



 

Here we go folks, it's just a little prorogue tho. To set the mood and world a little bit. Hope you still like it :D

Oh, and our boys did it again ! #TellMe3rdWin they are kings!

Word count. approx 1100