Five

Feels Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who would have thought that Bobby would end up being the selfish one in the relationship? He didn't want to let Jeongyeon leave his side so she could in her apartment. It was already later and she needed to rest for work tomorrow.

They had spent most of their time together in his place which happened to be a spacious loft with everything open and together. They ate and enjoyed half of the movie since he started nibbling on the lower part of her earlobe.

Thankfully he hasn't left any marks around her neck or else she would really smack him hard.

"Bobmmby!" Jeongyeon's lips were between his as he continued to kiss her. She managed to pull away from him. "I need to go!"

He sighed in defeat and placed his nose and lips resting in a comfortable place. The crook of her neck. He let his lips brush up against her skin, making her flinch and then he carelessly started nibbling.

"Bobby don't!" Jeongyeon closed her eyes not wanting to enjoy what he was doing but she bit her bottom lip as he continued some more and she whimpered as he found a soft spot. He chuckled holding her closer to him if that was even possible now. "Bobby..."

Hearing her voice like that made him stop and try and control himself. He chuckled again and kissed her forehead. "I'll see you."

She glared at him smacking him the chest. "If it shows I'm not kissing you anymore!"

"Is that a challenge?" He asked raising his eyebrows. "I bet you'll lose."

"Don't test me Bunny Boy!" She nudged him out of the way walking passed him but he rolled his eyes smiling and went behind her wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer from behind. Jeongyeon couldn't help but sigh with content knowing how playful he is being. She turned her head and gave him one last kiss for the night. "I'll see you later ok?"

He nodded kissing the tip of her nose. "I'll call you."

She nodded and he gave her one tight hug from behind and let her go. She walked in and did a quick turn waving to him and went inside her apartment. It didn't take long since she lived on the third floor on the second door on the right.

Jeongyeon let herself in quietly not wanting to make noise but she saw only one pair of shoes at the entrance. She took off her shoes and then saw the light in her room indicating Nayeon was in. She knocked softly and went in. "Hey, where are the girls?"

Nayeon wasn't doing anything in particular but she seemed to be in a deep thought as she was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"Nayeon?" Jeongyeon called out to her again. "You ok?"

Nayeon turned her head and stared at her friend. "How long have you been seeing him?"

Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows not understanding. "What do you --"

"Don't play dumb right now Jeongyeon. How long have you been seeing Momo's ex?"

Oh no... she knows..

In that moment, Jeongyeon's heart started to race and she closed the door behind her just in case the girls came back. She went to the other bed that belonged to hers and sat down. "Look I can explain, but please...don't tell Momo or Mina."

Nayeon scoffed rolling her eyes. "Then answer me!"

How did she find out?

Did she see us somewhere?

Jeongyeon bit her bottom lip trying to stop herself from shaking and to be calm. She didn't expect for this to happen but sooner or later it was bound to come out. She also wanted to tell Nayeon from their third date when her and Bobby kissed. She not only told Jennie and Kihyun but she wanted to tell Nayeon too. But she was worried to how she would react.

"It's been a month."

Nayeon widen her eyes. "Jeez Jeongyeon! What about Momo? What were you going to do when she found out?"

Jeongyeon sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. They aren't together anymore and our first date was set up by Jennie. I couldn't exactly ignore it and... I didn't want too."

Nayeon's jaw dropped as she moved off the bed and started pacing while shaking her head. "You need to think about what you're doing. This is crazy, I can't believe you'd break the girl code and you told us you didn't exchange numbers! You lied to us?"

Jeongyeon saw her stopped pacing as she faced her. Jeongyeon only nodded. "What do you want me to do Nayeon? I like him! I really like him! If you're going to ask me to break up with him. I won't do it. Not for you or Momo."

Nayeon stared at her friend in shock taking a step back until the back of her leg hit her bed and she sat down looking at her friend and her choices. "Did you even think about the 'girl code' when you were with him?"

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes in disgust as everyone would bring up that code. It didn't mean anything. It was just a thing that someone came up with and girls and boy follow it so their friendship doesn't get ruined. "At first I did. But I went out with him a few times and it didn't matter to me."

The older girl stayed quiet in her thoughts. How could her friend do such a thing to her other friend by dating her ex? It didn't make sense to why Jeongyeon would do such a thing. She cared about her friends more.

Sighing again and no longer nervous from a racing heart beat. Jeongyeon stared at her friend. "Nayeon... if you don't want to talk to me fine. But I really do like him. He is sweet, funny, caring, and humble. He makes me happy."

"He broke Momo's heart! She cried for a week because he didn't give her a reason." Nayeon crossed her arms under her chest.

"Maybe if she wasn't so full on clingy to him, he would have told her the truth and he didn't like her like he thought he did." Jeongyeon admitted staring at her friend.

Nayeon raised her eyebrows blinking. "Wait... Pause and rewind. He broke up with her because she was --"

"Full on all the time and he need some space to breath." Jeongyeon nodded to her. "I met one of Bobby's friends and she said the same thing about her. They were friends and she got annoyed. She is like that with us too but we learn to control it for her. They didn't have the patience like we do."

Truth is out..

No more hiding.

The girl with reddish hair closed her eyes and covered her face with her hands. "Oh Momo..."

It stayed quiet for a few minutes as Nayeon was letting more new information sink into her mind. It was going to take time to adjust and it was way too much information, one after the other. She uncovered her face and stared at Jeongyeon, who was looking back at her waiting for anything.

"Does he really make you happy?" She asked her friend knowing she was sort of accepting it.

Jeongyeon nodded quickly with a smile biting her bottom lip. "Yes."

Nayeon closed her eyes groaning and opened her arms like a child with a pout. Jeongyeon smiled wide and launched over to her hugging her tightly. "I'm not totally forgiving you just yet. I just want you to be careful ok?"

Jeongyeon nodded again pulling away. "I will. I hope one day you can meet him again and see how he treats me."

"If he breaks your heart I'll punch him in the face and I don't care if I break a nail. He will pay for it too!" Nayeon showed her fist to Jeongyeon.

The young girl laughed and hugged her again. "Thanks."

They pulled away again and Nayeon wanted to know everything from how it started after the supermarket. It took about an hour or so for Jeongyeon to tell Nayeon every little detail. Nayeon even squealed when Jeongyeon mentioned them kissing and how they joke and flirt with each other. It was too cute for Nayeon and wished she could have that some day.

"You're not going to tell her are you?" Jeongyeon asked looking at Nayeon worried.

Nayeon shook her head. "No, but I think before it gets worse, you should."

Jeongyeon wasn't ready to tell Momo but Nayeon was right. It had been a month and if she waited longer it would be worse and who knows how it would turn out. Maybe Momo wouldn't get too mad and she would be ok with it? Jeongyeon had to try and be positive but what if all her hopes actually come out bad.

Better get it over with...

She would just have to accept it all and know her choices were Bobby and Momo. It was going to be Bobby. She cares for Momo as her friend and even if she broke that stupid code. Friends should always be happy for you in the end.

"I'll be here tomorrow for support if you need it." Nayeon held her hand and smiled. "I'm happy for you, I'm proud you're taking this challenge breaking the code and I believe things will be ok. You're strong and independent Yoo Jeongyeon. I just hope Momo sees it the way we do."

Jeongyeon nodded at her and hugged her feeling her heart race again with anxiousness for tomorrow. It was going to be hard but oh well.

- - -

That early morning that Jeongyeon and Nayeon stayed up talking and laughing about her relationship with Bobby and it felt like a weight was being lifted off her shoulders but it was placed on again when she was staring at herself in the mirror. She had dark circles from going to bed late and waking up early.

She was a nervous wreck not being able to sleep with all the things that could go wrong once she tells Momo the truth. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath calming herself. She wished Bobby was next to her but this was her battle she needed to fight and win.

You can do it Jeongyeon..

Jeongyeon opened the door and went to kitchen seeing Mina getting something to eat and Momo was on the sofa in her tank top and shorts to sleep in.

Here goes nothing.

Jeongyeon took one step and felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Nayeon giving her a smile. She nodded to her and went into the kitchen with Mina. "Momo can I talk to you?"

Momo looked away from the TV and stared up at her with her big round eyes. "What's up?"

Jeongyeons' hands were shaking.

Her heart was pounding.

She was biting her bottom lips nervously.

"Jeongyeon what's wrong?" Momo stood up from her seeing the color leaving her face.

"I've been seeing Bobby for a month." She said it out loud without blinking with her heart still racing but the weight was gone and replaced with something else.

Momo had striked her across the face making Jeongyeon's cheek burn in pain. Mina widen her eyes seeing what happened and Nayeon wasn't surprised at all. She wanted to help but it was Jeongyeon's battle.

Momo scoffed running her hands through her hair. "I thought you said you didn't exchange numbers?"

Jeongyeon clenched her jaw a few times ignoring the pain and looked back at her. "I lied. We did and we've been talking and seeing each other."

Momo kept her head up high not wanting to get affective but deep inside she was. Her friend and roommate was seeing her ex boyfriend. Friends don't do that. They follow the code and respect it. Not betray it. "Break up with him. He will only hurt you."

"He won't." Jeongyeon retorted back to her standing strong on her own two feet. "I won't break up with him."

Momo rolled her eyes smirking. "Excuse me?" She crossed her arms under her chest. "Did it ever occur to you, he could be using you as a game and --"

"He never liked you Momo." Jeongyeon quickly cut her off. "He thought he liked you but he didn't. That's why he broke up with you." Jeongyeon didn't want to tell the real reason but what she said was partly true. It was better than nothing. "Besides, why do we have to follow that stupid code? Does that really matter?"

" OF COURSE IT MATTERS!" Momo shouted at her. "IT'S TOO KEEP THINGS LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING! NOW GO AND BREAK UP WITH HIM!"

"I SAID I WON'T!" Jeongyeon shouted back her hands. "I'M NOT MOMO HIRAI!"

Again, Momo striked Jeongyeon across the face and that's when tears swelled up in her eyes as she held her cheek. She looked at Momo and all she got was a glare and two words. "Get. Out."

Feeling anxious and ranged with tears sliding down her cheek, Jeongyeon went to the front putting on her shoes and ran out of the apartment without looking back.

"Did you have to go that far Momo asking her to break up with him?" Nayeon asked from the kitchen. Mina was left in shock to what just happened.

"She broke the code." Momo said to her not making eye contact.

"FORGET THAT! SHE IS OUR FRIEND AND SHE FOUND HER HAPPNIESS WITH SOMEONE!" Nayeon shouted at her gaining her attention. "JUST BECAUSE BOBBY COULDN'T FIND IT IN YOU HE FOUND IT IN HER!"

Nayeon ran out the front door going after her friend but the moment she reached the streets. Jeongyeon was nowhere in sight.

- - -

She ran and ran and ran.

Jeongyeon panted hard as she ran. The air was thickening in her lungs. She didn't stop for a break and get air. She kept going and going. Her heart was breaking and it was her fault to be in this mess.

Maybe she shouldn't have lied in the first place?

Maybe she should have been honest after their first date?

Maybe she could have spoken to Momo about it first?

But she didn't think she had to since they weren't together anymore.

Does it really matter?

She wasn't sure where she was going but her legs were running fasting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter