White Zinnia

Dandelion
Please log in to read the full chapter


Jennie marvelled at the beauty of White Zinnia. 


Jennie hadn’t seen or heard of Jisoo since the day she stormed out two weeks ago. Jennie knew the story of what had happened that evening had already reached all of her friends. She also knew that they would always support the kind and bubbly Jisoo over the cold-hearted and stiff Jennie. She wasn’t the least bit surprised when she suddenly found herself with no friends, besides Taeyong and Irene. Jennie was surprised, however when her house bell had rung on a Sunday afternoon. Her mom wasn’t supposed to be back for another four hours. She was out with her friends to catch up and talk about the latest gossip. Jennie wondered if it could be Taeyong because Irene hated going home, no matter who it belonged to.


Jennie had cautiously opened the door and was truly bewildered to find Lisa Manoban standing determinedly in front of her, hands clenched into a fist and her eyes sharp.  Jennie had thought, that perhaps Lisa had to defend Jisoo’s honor. Maybe Lisa had been angry even more so than the rest of her friends and decided to confront Jennie about the harsh words she had thrown at Jisoo. Lisa had always been hot-tempered and feisty, never backing down from a fight and always ready to defend those that she cared about.  Jennie would go as far as to say she wouldn’t be surprised if Lisa had come after Jennie to throw a punch at her. However, she was shocked when Lisa fell forward and embraced her.


Jennie stood frozen, afraid to move, afraid to speak and afraid to breathe. She could feel her heart suddenly speed up and turn dry. Jennie hesitated, should she push Lisa off? What should she do?


She tried to remember the article she had read about comfort. She remembered the last time someone had hugged her and how she had panicked. She remembered the person to hug her had been Rosè.  She remembered Rosè had shown up at her house tears running down her face and how Jennie had made a messy apology before escaping to the kitchen and searching up ‘how to comfort a friend’. 


 Suddenly, Jennie felt tired. Her body felt drained and weak. She felt as though Lisa’s arms were the only thing keeping her upright. With a great deal of effort, Jennie tentatively put her arms around Lisa. Slowly growing uncomfortable, she took Lisa inside her house making sure to keep her arms around her in a reassuring way. Jennie hoped she was doing this right, no one had acted in such a way to her since she was a seven-year-old child and she had trouble comprehending how to address such situation. Jennie gently sat Lisa down on the sofa and quietly sat beside

Please log in to read the full chapter