Chapter 01

Love Capture

Chapter 1

 

We’re home~”

Moonbyul got through the door energetically with Taeyeon following from behind emotionlessly. The puppy girl rushed in and jumped onto another girl who was sitting at the table enjoying her coffee. “We brought back the thing we wanted~ also, some extra cash.” Sooyoung did steal some gold and money from the victim’s house along with her. She always made sure that she had worthwhile trip on her mission.

“Haha! Good job Byul! I heard it from Tae-unnie already.” Yoona pat the taller’s head to congratulate her success in the mission. “Yuri-unnie is currently not back yet so just go relax. Dinner’s ready by the way~”

“Yas! I’m so starving now~”

Moonbyul ran into the kitchen immediately without waiting anyone, however that gave the opportunity for Yoona and Taeyeon to have their private chat. Yoona’s gentle eyes changed drastically to a calm serious one. The aura from her changed and Taeyeon realized that. “How many died today?”

“…Don’t worry.” Taeyeon replied Yoona’s dead serious question. “Moonbyul didn’t kill anyone, I did.”

“I see…I’m sorry, Unnie.” The younger one  apologized to her colleague. She could’ve gone in their place but she had a mission to do as well. It must be Yuri’s plan to make Yoona worked separately from Monnbyul since she could become too over worried about the puppy girl. “Thanks for looking after her.”

“Stop over worry about her. She’s quite strong herself, even though she’s could be too carefree and playful…”

Taeyeon sighed and walked into the kitchen as well. She was hungry since it’s already quite late. The two girls that accomplished their mission filled their stomachs with the food that Yoona prepared for them. It didn’t taste that bad, but it’s not in a level to call it really good either. However, everything became much more delicious when they’re starving. Enjoying their relaxing time, another woman came in from the door. It’s a long black haired woman with a model body. She took off her sunglasses and it made Moonbyul sprung out from her chair.

“Welcome back Yuri!”

“I’m glad to see you energetic as usual Byul~” The puppy ran to her and she her head playfully. “Did you get what I asked?”

“Yes! We got it! Plus some decent amount of cash too!” Moonbyul informed lively and it made Yuri smiled widely with relief. Not only because they completed the task she assigned for them, she’s worried about their safety as well and she’s glad that they’re back without any injuries. “We’re a great teamwork right, Tae?”

“Yeah yeah…”

Taeyeon kept eating her meal without giving much attention to what Moonbyul’s saying. After they were done with their meal, they were all summoned to Yuri’s main office to further plans from now on.

Moonbyul gaveYuri the bag that contained the item she wanted, and it was a chip. It seemed to contain some valuable information and she had to send it to her friend to get the information out. Which wouldn’t take that long but meanwhile, Yuri asked for reports from both Moonbyul and Taeyeon.

“So…what’s the report today?”

“It didn’t actually go well as I expected, the guards and servants were armed with weapons, I didn’t have a choice but to shoot them down. About 5 or more.” Taeyeon reported without any slight tremble in her voice. It seemed it’s something so normal to her already. “Also, the polices were becoming more aggressive these days…I believe it’s best we’re aware of every of out steps.”

“I see, thank you for your report.”

Yuki remained her calm composure as it’s Yoona’s turn to give out her report. “It’s just as you said unnie~ your intuition was right after all. ” The girl giggled but it didn’t hint Taeyeon or Moonbyul anything about what she’s assigned to do at all. It’s another secret task that Yuri gave Yoona again.

 

“Thanks Yoona, I would need your help with gathering information.”

Ne, leave it to me! No rumors can escape me in dark alley.” She giggled with that cute face. This time Yuri turned to the other two girls, it made Taeyeon wondered what task they would be assign this time. However, it was only Moonbyul that was given the task. She would go to meet with Yuri’s fellow hacker friend in order to unlock the data out from the mysterious chip they retrieved today. As for Taeyeon, she wasn’t  assigned anything and was told to relax from her work.

“Thank you for your hard work everyone, call it a day and relax.”

Ne~

They replied in unison and came out from Yuri’s office. Moonbyul and Yoona planned to go chill off at the Hyoyeon’s bar as usual. However, Taeyeon was quite tired for some reason and decided to decline that invitation. “Are you alright Unnie?” Yoona wondered with worries.

“Don’t worry, I might be a little tired. I’ll go to my room now then.” Taeyeon left her group and went to her dark silent room. Since it was already late, she decided to call it a day and went to sleep in her old comfy bed.

-

-

A dream…?

I was running in the alley. Someone was trying to catch up with me. I couldn’t run away from this pursuer at all. “Damn you…!”

I turned and pointed my gun towards the pursuer. She did the same. It was that woman officer that caught me on that day. Her gun was aiming at me; my gun is aiming at her…

Our eyes met with each other, but why did I suddenly hesitate? Something is not right with me…after all people I had shoot down…why did I hesitate to kill her?

Again…this dream, I remember this dream. Around this moment, it will…

~BANG!~

-

-

Taeyeon got up from her bed and closed her alarm. She pressed her hand against her head as something was throbbing inside. She grumbled with irritation before she got out, what’s disturbing her the most was that she’s having this sort of dream consecutively for several days already. “Screw this crap…” It had been several days since she had been having day-offs. Yuri didn’t give her a task at all. So she sat at Hyoyeon’s bar and had a drink alone quietly.

“Hey Tae, enjoying your peaceful moments? Recently you just come and sit here without doing anything.” The bartender came up to talk to her.

“…Oh, it’s you, Hyo.” Taeyeon replied monotonously and had a sip of her drink.

“No job from Yuri?”

“None.”

Taeyeon shut down the conversation between her and  Hyoyeon mercilessly, but it didn’t stop the bartender from continuing the conversation with the heartless mouse. “Well! Enjoy your moments for as long as you could. Today’s going to be quiet so feel free to stay as long as you need.”

“Good, I don’t intend to move.”

The cold-hearted girl sat alone peacefully at the edge of the counter. Enjoying her silent moments, she overheard a conversation of this group of men that came to have a beer.

“You know? Another kid got kidnapped again…”

“Eh? Again?” Another man grumbled with boredom. “This time is a girl or boy?”

“I heard screams…so I presumed is a girl. Jeez, that psycho is just too creepy.” Both men shivered as they were talking about this psycho man that recently appeared and started kidnapping kids from dark alley. He’s in the blacklist and even until now the police were trying to hunt him down. His only punishment would probably be death sentence. He kidnaped kids, disregarding their gender, he would do something terribly psychotic to them and as a result he will kill them. “You heard about corpse discarded in the alley right? It’s him.”

“Serious? This is too creepy…”

Hyoyeon was also listening to the conversation and she could tell that Taeyeon did the same too. She walked to her friend and whispered softly as she slid the paper across the table towards Taeyeon. “The old blood is boiling is it, Taeyeon?”

“…” Taeyeon didn’t respond, but her eyes stared at the paper. The psychopath man had a bounty in this dark alley in order to encourage people to eradicate him away from this place. If anyone were to become threats, they would have a bounty that would lure others to get rid of them. Usually Taeyeon wouldn’t take any action if Yuri didn’t say so. However, she finally snatched the paper away and walked out towards the exit of the bar without saying anything to the bartender at all. “…Whatever.”

“I’ll wait for your return.”

Hyoyeon spoke up and halted the grumpy girl in her black baggy hoodie. Taeyeon looked back at Hyoyeon with the corner of her eye and simply walked out without a word. However, the bartender seemed to know what Taeyeon would be doing for the day today, she’s out for hunting once again.

-

“A-Ahh…!”

The young girl had her hands tied tightly and was pinned against the wall by the kidnapper. Her eyes were filled with terrify. There were bruises and marks of being whipped all over her body. That pain kept her from staying conscious. “Please…kill me…”

“Hehe…I want to see you scream more. It just felt so exciting don’t you think?” He chuckled maliciously and it made the girl’s mind drove insane. She wished to die but the man wouldn’t kill her until she satisfied him. Even though death was right in front of her…it was just so far from reach. She couldn’t ask anything more than that. “How about we try this one this time?”

“No…! PLEASE JUST KILL ME!!”

She screamed the top of her lungs, hoped someone would hear her but it would be in vain as usual. Even though someone would hear her…she doubt anyone would come save her now.

“Ah, this trip isn’t as bad as I thought.”

A human figure in black hoodie picked up gold bars that were scattered on the ground, she had completely ignored the existence of the man and the helpless girl. She was only concerned with money that was right in front of her, she didn’t regret that she actually came out to hunt the ‘threat’ down at all. “This would give me decent money…”

“…Who are you?” The man asked but Taeyeon ignored him and looked around for more valuable items for money. She’s a thief after all. Bounty hunting was her part-time, but stealing is her main career. “WHO ARE YOU!?”

“You’re annoying.”

She pulled the trigger and shot at the man’s limb, causing his right arm to be immobilized. “…Too annoying.”

“Y-You…!” The man grumbled with anger and in pain. He ran in with a long knife in his hand. However he completely underestimated her, she dodged the knife easily and then her kick right into his stomach. The kick was powerful enough to send the man fly across the room and crashed against the wall forcefully. “U-Ugh…”

The girl couldn’t let her eyes away from this mysterious hoodie girl that appeared right in front of her. Before she realized it again, Taeyeon pulled out a gun and aimed towards her.

~BANG! BANG!~

The chains that bound her hands shattered. She couldn’t believe that few seconds ago she’s in hell and now she’s finally freed. “A-Ah…”

“I’ll deal with you after I kill him…Ah?” Taeyeon looked back at where she expected the man to be, but he disappeared. Then suddenly, she began to chuckle with excitement. “Ah…I guess it’s more fun this way isn’t?”

She turned her gun and shoot towards the right of hers. It did hit something; it’s a sound of flesh. The man yelped in pain as he got shot right at his abdomen. Mayu didn’t need any much attempt to find the psychopath at all.

“Hehehe~”

He let out a chuckle, and it eventually became insanely loud. He slowly moved towards the window as if he’s planning to jump out from here. Taeyeon didn’t expect anything much from a psychopath; they’re just too insane to predict anything. “HAHAHAHA!!!”

“Shut up.”

~BANG!~

She pulled the trigger and this time it struck right into the man’s forehead. He fell out through the window and Taeyeon showed no sign of mercy. She was slightly grateful that she didn’t have to see the corpse since it fell off the building already. It’s good thing for both her and this helpless girl behind her. It’s another simple task to do and she got extra valuable items back with her as well. “Now then…what should I do with you?”

She pointed her gun towards the little girl who froze instantly as she made an eye contact with Taeyeon. “So, do you want to die?”

“I-I…”

“I’m not patient to wait for long. Yes or No?”

Taeyeon threatened the girl again, her leg felt weak and fell onto the ground powerlessly. She began to cry and believed that it would be the end of her already. Part of her wanted to die, but at the same time she didn’t want to. At that moment she thought that Taeyeon would’ve killed her, she heard a sigh and felt a pat on her head. She looked up into Taeyeon’s eyes, which were so close to her. Her mind was completely enveloped with the calm and silence in those dark eyes. Without a reason, the young girl felt peace within her heart by looking into Taeyeon’s eyes. No words were exchanged, but the young girl started to feel that the thief in front of her did came for good.

But before the thief could’ve said anything further, she heard a loud commotion from outside. She heard a siren and that’s when she realized that she’s no in a good position now.

“…Are you serious?”

She didn’t expected police officers to still be wandering around at this area. It seemed she had underestimated the persistence of police officers. They were already here and they’re probably busy with the corpse of this man they’ve been looking for so long. But obviously they would wonder who shot him. “Come.” Taeyeon grabbed the girl’s hand and dragged her along with her. She got out from the back entrance of the building. That moment, she felt a relief that they wouldn’t get caught anymore but it wasn’t as she thought.

“Who’s there!?”

That familiar voice completely caught her attention. She turned and then saw this police officer running towards them, it was that same woman that she met on that night. Out of all the officers, Taeyeon wondered why did it have to be the same woman that she almost kill, or almost got killed by.

‘That officer…’

“Who are you!? Raise your hands up, we will not hurt you.” Tiffany pointed the gun at Taeyeon but the girl didn’t obey the officer. Their eyes met and the officer remembered those dark eyes. It was the same pair of eyes that belonged to the thief she saw that night. She remembered it clearly; the silence and calmness in those pair of dark orbs that made her hesitated to pull the trigger.

“You…! You’re that murderer from that night aren’t you…!?”

Tiffany’s voice changed instantly. It was filled with anger mixed with hatred. Taeyeon was shocked that the officer actually remembered her; she wasn’t expecting this to happen. This had put Taeyeon in a much more tough position since the officer won’t hesitate to shoot her after she remembered that she’s a thief from that night.

‘W-Wait, how the heck did she…’

“I won’t let you go this time!” She was about to pull the trigger. At that instance, Taeyeon didn’t have a choice but to use the girl she brought with her as a shield. It made Tiffany halted before she would shoot an innocent citizen. The thief pushed the girl forward and actually shoot her from behind without hesitation.

“AHHH!!!”

The girl’s shriek made Tiffany’s attention diverted to the injured girl instead. Taeyeon used that chance to escape before Taeyeon could’ve catch up with her. The officer then realized that Taeyeon was using the girl was a decoy to escape; she tried to shoot but none managed to land a hit. “Damn it!” She hurried to the young girl; gratefully the bullet didn’t hit any of the girl’s vital spots. It’s just her arm. She couldn’t believe that the thief actually used this injured innocent girl as a shield and even shoot her. “Are you alright??”

“po…lice…?”

“Yes, we’re here. You’re safe now…that murderer is gone now.”

Tiffany the girl’s head and then carried her to the car. They called the ambulance and it was presumed that she’s a victim of the psychopath they found. However the officers were wondering what happened since the criminal was killed by gunshot, he didn’t die by falling out from the window. Tiffany stayed with by the girl’s side until the ambulances came, then suddenly, she felt a weak gripped from the injured girl. “Don’t worry, you’ll be back to your family…”

“…saved me.”

“Eh?” Tiffany was confused as she tried to listen to what the girl said again. She was very weak from all the tortures that she barely had energy to speak.

“She…killed him…saved me…”

“Kill? Wait don’t tell me…” Tiffany couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. The girl was telling her that it was the murderer that killed the psychopath and saved her. It was likely to correspond with why there was a gun shot injury on the psychopath but then Tiffany couldn’t understand the fact that the murderer she’s pursuing saved this young girl. “I see, thank you for telling me…do relax.”

She patted the girl before the ambulance took her away. Tiffany got up on her feet once again and recalled the eyes of that murderer she met. She tightened her fist and let out a heavy sigh. Unlike last time, she was terribly angry with herself for letting the thief go when she’s just so close to her already. However this time, she decided to let go for once since the murderer did saved the girl’s life. She had no evidence whether what the young girl said was right or not. But her sense of justice told her to believe in those innocent words. Even though the thief really did save the girl after all, it wasn’t enough to cover the crimes she had done to many innocent families.

“I’ll let you off, for just this time…but next time, I’ll not hesitate to shoot you down anymore.”

-

Taeyeon finally managed to escape without getting caught again. However, things were getting worse for her since that officer actually remembered her. She didn’t actually expected that and things could get worse if they meet again. It was pure luck that she had a decoy to save her, but it wouldn’t be like that next time. She returned back to the bar safely this time.

“Oh! How’s the hunt?” Hyoyeon greeted but she didn’t budged to say a word. She could tell that Taeyeon did her job and so she handed nezumi a bag of coins. “Well…this is your reward.”

Taeyeon took the bag but also tossed few coins to Hyoyeon before she left. “The drink this afternoon.”

“Thank you and please come back again, Tae.” Hyoyeon giggled but Taeyeon still had that emotionless face on her as usual. The girl left with the reward money. The bartender knew Taeyeon quite well enough to tell that the mouse girl would never show direct gratitude.

She got back and then met with Yoona who was having some snacks. Also, the shiksin girl recognized the bag in Taeyeon’s hand; she could sense money from it.

“Oh? What did you bring back, Unnie?”

“Some cash from bounty hunt and some decent extras.”

She dropped the bag onto the table and walked away. It was as expected from a heartless thief like Taeyeon. Yoona didn’t ask anything further since nezumi retreated back to her room before she could’ve said anything.

“Oh damn…just came by and gone like a wind huh?” Yoona ruffled her hair but then she diverted her attention to her snacks instead. Taeyeon  always acted things upon her own without having permission or orders from Yuri. However it didn’t troubled the leader since Taeyeon never did anything that brought threat to them and to this place, dark alley.

It wasn’t one normal day for Taeyeon at all. That officer  was trying to catch her no matter what. She wondered whether it’s pure bad luck that she met with her today again or not, but it forced her to make a decision that she didn’t really wanted to…Killing a police officer would be one of the acts she didn’t want to do the most. However, that certain officer wasn’t giving her a choice anymore.

“…It seems I seriously have to kill her next time.”

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

How was it?

I am sorry if there are mistakes. Comment your thought