Chapter 10.2

Love Capture

Chapter 10.2

 

On Tiffany’s side, she was surrounded by officers and was taken back to the headquarters where her Dad was waiting for her. The moment she arrived at the room, the handcuffs were still on her though. However, one of the officers came to her and unlocked it since Hwang Steve wouldn’t want to treat his daughter as his prisoner. However, the officers couldn’t leave the woman with her Dad all alone after she had escaped from here once.

“My sweet girl, I’m glad you’re alright.”

“Dad…”

“I believe those thieves are evil to you, aren’t they?”

“…”

“It’s okay now, you’re safe here with me.”

“…Yes.”

Tiffany tightened up her grip and went along with the flow. She didn’t want to argue or fight back against him; she only looked down onto the floor in order to avoid eye contact with him. The commander that lead the team to take Tiffany back knew how
she had grew attached to the thief, to Taeyeon. It was about time her Dad did the interrogation on her to find out the objective of the thieves that kidnapped her out.

“What did they want from you?”

“Ah…”

“It’s quite unusual for someone to break into the headquarters to kidnap someone they didn’t know…she knew them didn’t you?”

“…!”

Her Dad saw through her completely. He wasn’t the head of the Crime Investigation department for nothing. He was used to interrogating with criminals and investigated on them to find out the truth behind their lies. He was basically doing the same thing on Tiffany right now. It would be obvious as well that he realized his daughter was willingly to go with that criminal…as if she knew that person.

“Are you going to tell the truth or do you want me to bring them here instead?”

“W-Wait! Please…”

The moment Tiffany finally realized how terrified her Dad was. He was showing no mercy on her and allowed his daughter to confess everything that she knew. He wouldn’t stop interrogating her until he got what he wanted as well…it would be a very tough moment for Tiffany in order to sway him to believe that she wanted to side with him…it was the deal she made with Yuri after all, to be Yuri’s spy.

“Let me ask again. What did they want from you?”

“…The SuperSoldier project. They knew you were behind all the plans.”

Tiffany began making up the story about how she was taken into custody and interrogated regarding the project, but she didn’t tell anything to them. She kept on going telling about her situation until the officer saved her out from that situation. However, the information wasn’t satisfying for Steve yet. There were few spots that made him still wondering about the truth.

“You knew they were criminals?”

“I didn’t…”

“But you knew them.”

“…I did. They were friends of my friend again. I met them in the old school reunion party, we knew each other as acquaintance.”

“Then why did you go with them?”

“…I let my guard down because I knew her, the second thing that happened was that she threatened to kill me if I don’t go with them.”

Tiffany forced a lie through her poker face every second that Steve threw a question at her. It reminded her the conversation she had with Yuri right after they made a deal with each other. It seemed the leader was truly smart enough to know that Steve would try to dig every bits of information from her after she returned back to him. She sort of gave Tiffany an order for her what to do and those words repeated in her head again…


 

-///-


“Do sell us out as much as you have to, as long as you become part of your Dad’s team…that more than enough of what I need.”

Yyuri-shi, but that’s—”

“Risky, I know. Can you do that?”

 

-//-

 

She bit her lips softly before she looked up to her Dad. She needed to put on a full act against her last family member for the sake of her justice. She knew what she was doing was no different from selling her Dad out to the enemy, but all the crime he had done behind the word “justice” was just as worse as a criminal himself. She really wished for things to be right…for Taeyeon to no longer have revenge and her Dad stopped this human-experimenting project, but life couldn’t be so beautiful like that though.

“But what I heard from my men, it said you resisted against coming back. If they were ruthless to you then why did you fight back to ensure their safety?”

“…I’m sorry Dad…I don’t like seeing people hurt. I-I didn’t really think thoroughly at all, I just—”

“That’s enough, I know what you mean…you really did take a lot from your mother. Both Michelle and you really took from her.”

“…”

The man seemed to be satisfied with the answers he got from Tiffany, and it was about time they went into deep serious business. The first offer he gave, Tiffany declined on him, but for him to be the leader of the project, he needed his daughter to support him as well…to have her hands tainted along with him. He planned to offer her again, for one last time, and hoped that Tiffany will take into consideration or accept it.

“Allow me to ask for one last time, Tiffany, please work with me. For Michelle, and many fallen officers…we need this project for human race to move on.”

“Even though…many will die?”

“Sacrifices needed to be done for a better future. That’s how the world in the past ran and gave us a wealthy life right now. ”

“…I understand, Dad. I understand what you mean.”

“So does that mean?”

“…I agree with you. I’ll join with you, for Michelle-
unnie’s sake.”

The man smiled with relief after his daughter finally accepted his offer. He got up from his chair and went to her, her head tenderly with love for his daughter. He was happy that she finally opened her eyes and realized what needed to be done for the sake of humanity. Tiffany only stood there and looked down with relief after she successfully got herself into her Dad’s plan.

“Then I want you to come with me for the conference in today in about 15 minutes. Regarding the project, we’ll be talking about getting our supplies.”

“…!”

Supplies for human-experimenting project…that would mean he was referring to human subjects. Tiffany froze for a second before her Dad continued explaining what would he be talking in the meeting today. It wasn’t th
at long before the meeting started and that was when Tiffany saw many elite officers like her Dad was contributing in this as well. They were the people that she used to believe to be a person filled with justice and integrity, so much disappointment in how corrupted justice could be. Everyone seemed to know that she was Steve’s daughter and so they didn’t question her appearance at the meeting.

“How’s the update of the laboratory? Is it done yet?”

“Yes, it is sir, thanks to the technology that was left behind in the old laboratory, it allowed us to finish faster than we predicted.”

“Good to hear.”

Steve replied and was satisfied with the answer. Everything seemed to progress in a good pace and it was about time they discussed the main topic of the conference today…one of the hardest task ever for a human-experimenting project would be human subjects. It was already hard to gather subjects, but they needed ones that are compatible with the drugs.

Mr. Hwang, how are we going to find subjects? How did the old project team manage to gather that much of the subjects?”

“…Homeless ones, and also criminals could be a good use as well. I know there are quite a long of people along the outskirt of the city.”

Tiffany’s heart sank for a second when she heard that, it was the location where Taeyeon and others were. She had flash back memories of the time she spent and met with many people there especially the orphan children. If she recalled correctly from her memories, Taeyeon said she was compatible with the drunk as she survived through the testing sample, but it brought her pain beyond imagination. The fear started to grow but it became even worse when her Dad uttered that heartless statement.

“Children will be the best subject, they have higher potential to become a successful subject. The legendary success one started the experiment when she’s a baby.”

They were referring to Moonbyul. The more Tiffany learned about this the more she felt the pain aching inside her heart. She remembered that innocent puppy smile from Moonbyul…and couldn’t believe that she was the successful test subject from the previous experiment. She couldn’t possibly imagine if those kids she met at the orphanage would become the test subjects…how about Taeyeon? She was compatible with the drugs, would she be used as a subject as well if she was caught? The more Tiffany thought about it the more her hands were trembling. But she needed to remain her posture and keep that poker face on all the time despite how much she was suffering from this. She needed to do this for the kid’s, everyone’s, and Taeyeon’s sake.

“They were some group in that area that knows about the project and we need to get rid of them as soon as possible. At least it will be a good punishment of them for abducting you away, what do you think Tiffany?”

“E-Eh?”

The woman was shocked that he Dad turned the statement to her. He was asking her to make that call on punishing Taeyeon and others…was this his way of testing whether Tiffany was truly dedicated to this or not. If she was able to pass through this ordeal, then she would likely to gain her trust from her Dad…but with the cost of Taeyeon and other people’s life. She began to hesitate to reply, but then Yuri’s words came into her head again…it reminded her duty that she was here. It prevented her from being lost and surrendered into the cruelty of these people around her.


 

-///-


“No matter what you need to gain your Dad’s trust, even it costs our safety and life. You need to do it.”

But—”

“Either ways, everyone’s life here is already threatened. Just adding more tension to it will not matter anyways.”

“But…! I ah…”

“That is all I’m asking, Tiffany, sell all of us to your Dad, and make him trust you. We will figure out the way to protect ourselves…and I promise I will protect Taeyeon at all cost.”

“…Understood, I will do it.”

“Don’t allow yourself to be engulfed by the cruelty of humanity, don’t forget your duty. It will be tough of you, but I do have expectations it will be successful. Let our deal, be your strength.”

“Yes…thank you for your advice,
Yuri.”

 

-///-



Her words made Tiffany realized her duty at this place. She needed to carry on this mission as she promised Yuri; she needed to trust her in order to proceed on forward. She finally understood what Yuri meant after all…it would be tough and suffering when she allowed herself to step into this inhumane darkness. That was when Tiffany looked firmly back at her Dad and nodded without a single word. Steve was honestly surprised to see such determination in those eyes, which made him realize that he could trust his daughter for this matter. He only smiled before he turned to other officers that were waiting for him to speak.

“Very well then, we will send our men to collect subjects for the experiment in few days after all the preparations are ready. Dismiss.”

“Yes sir.”

Everyone took their paper files and left the room after the meeting was over. Tiffany sat there and sighed with relief after the whole meeting was over, and then she could feel those big rough hands patted on her shoulder. She turned back to look and it was her Dad, smiling back at her gently.

“You did well Tiffany, it’s getting late now…let us have dinner before we go home.”

“…Yes,
Dad.”

She followed him out from the room with that heavy burden on her chest. She finally allowed herself to step into this world filled with pure cruelty. There was no turning back from this. She needed to move on and must create the chance for herself to visit that laboratory place as soon as possible. Maybe the time with her Dad today could give her the opportunity to collect more information regarding this project. However, she realized that the more she knew, the more burdens and pain she carried. If anything were to happen to Taeyeon because of her actions…she would regret for the rest of her life and would prefer to die than to live in shame.

 

-


Tiffany had dinner with her Dad in this restaurant in the city alone. It was one of the rare moments she was able to spend her family time with her Dad, but not in a situation like this. While she was eating she finally spoke up to him and caught his attention.

“Uhm…
Dad?”

“What’s the matter?”

“Uh, well, there are still many things I don’t know and so I…”

“You want to know, right?”

“…Yes, is it okay?”

“Of course it is okay, you’re my daughter. It is better we talk in the car when we’re heading back home than in a public restaurant.”

“Yes.”

It seemed everything was going smoothly as Tiffany realized. After they finished the dinner they went into the car and Steve was the one driving back home. Tiffany sat on the passenger seat beside him and it was about time they return back to their sweet home once again. It’s been quite a while Tiffany was away from her home after Taeyeon saved her…

“So what do you want to know?”

“Oh, well…I heard in the meeting today…about the laboratory.”

“We technically used the same place as where the old laboratory is located due to its convenient technology. However it was quite a huge mess in there and it took quite a long while to clean everything to become useable again.”

“Ah…I see.”

“I’ll be heading over there tomorrow, if you want to come with me.”

“C-Can I?”

“Sure, I was planning to take you there with me…there are many things you need to learn.”

“…Yes.”

The conversation seemed to end there but Tiffany was making a huge progress right now. She would be heading to the location of the new laboratory that was basically where the old laboratory was. She would be able to send the information to Yuri before the officers would be invading the dark alley to take the homeless and orphans for the experiment. She thought about many things that Yuri said, the time she spent at dark alley, and the moments she had with Taeyeon. By the time she realized again she already arrived back at her sweet home.

“Go and rest, today must be a rough day for you.”

“Ah…it is. Thank you Dad.”

“Sweet dreams Tiffany.”

“You too Dad.”

Tiffany went to her room, her old familiar room. Even for a short while she wasn’t here, it felt so long to her. The time she spent with everyone at the dark alley felt like forever. She went straight to take a shower to wash all the sweats and the exhaustion on her skin. It was getting late and she needed to go to bed because tomorrow would be another intense day again. She would be visiting the new laboratory with her Dad…and she would click the button on her earring to send the signal to Yuri for the location of the new laboratory. Everything was going according to the plan that
Yuri organized…and Tiffany hoped that everything would be fine though.

“…Taeyeon.”

She muttered her name out while she clutched her hands tightly on top of her chest. She felt that heavy pain on her heart after she was forced to sell everyone to her Dad, but it wasn’t like she had a choice for it after all. If she didn’t do it then she would still be suspected of betraying her Dad again. It was as Yuri said to her…it would be a tough role for her and how ironically she offered it herself. She recalled the last conversation she had with Yuri before she went to sleep.


 

-///-


“You knew that there’s a chance we will kill your Dad. Yet you’re still planning to help us?”

“…For all I know, this human-experiment, it is not right.”

“For that ideal justice, you’re willingly to sell your
father out?”

“It’s not an ideal justice…I just don’t have anything to lose. Plus…”

Tiffany remembered her very kind gently
father. But that was before her mother and Michelle’s death. After Michelle’s incident…she changed so much as if he was a different man. He became less interactive with her and focused only on work. He was no longer the father that Tiffany always knew and loved. Her beloved Dad was a man that would never treat people like subjects and disposable toy like this. His passion that drove him was sadness and hatred towards criminals. It was his source of motivation…just so similar to Taeyeon. She finally realize they were both similar in a way, they were both cursed their fate and seek for revenge against this cursed fate.

“…He’s not the
father I used to know anymore. He’s an insane man that only seeks revenge against his cursed life, just like Taeyeon.”

“…”

Yuri was surprised, not just because Tiffany said the bad things of her Dad, but it was the fact that she saw through Taeyeon. The mouse always sought for revenge against her cursed life and fate that robbed everything from her. Just to kill Hwang Steve would not heal her from the hatred and anger she had towards her life. It seemed Tiffany wasn’t any ordinary woman after all, Yuri started to realize how she was able to understand Kim Taeyeon, but the matter regard her determination was a different story.

“You love her that much to risk your whole life?”

“…I guess love makes people do stupid things. As I said, I don’t have anything to lose.”

“That is not true.”

“H-Huh?”

“Taeyeon. Before, you’re likely to not have anything to lose, but now you do. You have her, and you wouldn’t want to lose her…that’s why you’re here, to offer a deal.”

“…”

Yuri was just so sharp that she saw through Tiffany completely. The officer didn’t deny that matter and simply nodded her head softly with silence. No more words needed to be uttered.
Yuri continued where she left off and interrogated Tiffany in order to understand all her reasons behind her insane decisions.

“So, what’s your real motive? Hwang Tiffany…”

“…It was my Dad’s insanity that made Taeyeon become one as well, and this will be a never-ending cycle of hatred and revenge. At the very least…I want to save her, even it could cost my life for it, and I admit that love her that much to not hesitate making this decision.”

She replied with complete honesty and with those determined eyes. She didn’t know whether her answer would be impressive enough for Yuri, only but silence remained between the two. It started to make her wonder whether the leader of dark alley would accept her deal or not… but then the lady approached her and brought back her attention to her once again. They stared into each other’s eyes and she felt as if the leader was reading everything that was inside her mind through her eyes.

“…You have something to lose, Hwang Tiffany, and that’s Kim Taeyeon.”

“…!?”

“Because you have something to fight for, something to protect, that’s why you’re right here in front of me. That persistence was more than enough to sway me to accept your deal.”

“A-Ah?”

“Hwang Tiffany, I’m gladly to accept your deal, I will ensure Taeyeon is staying away from this matter, in return you have to be my spy in the enemy’s base and do as I said. Got that?”

“…Yes.”

She remembered that she shook hands with Yuri and their deal was forged. That was why she was here…back home…and betraying her Dad. She had to put an act as if she betrayed Taeyeon and everyone in order to gain his trust…while in reality she was betraying her very own Dad. The old her wouldn’t be able to put such an act like this if she didn’t have enough determination and persistence to do this. Her only motivation was to stop Taeyeon…at the very least; she wanted to save her from turning into a monster like her Dad…she wouldn’t be able to afford seeing someone she loved and cared become such a demon like that anymore.

 

-///-


 

-

~XXX~

-


The next morning, there was a meeting again in Yuri’s office. Everyone was summoned there except for Taeyeon since she was not a part of the mission. But before anything could’ve start, Yongsun wanted to object something and it caught everyone’s attention. It forced the meeting to halt temporary and discussed about her objection.

“Yuri
unnie, I want you to reconsider having Taeyeon as a part of the mission.”

“My decision is made, she’s not going to be a part of it, and I’m surprised that you’re supporting her revengeful motives.”

“Maybe after you’ve talk to her…you might change your mind like me.”

Yongsun turned to the door and that was when Taeyeon entered the room. She was in her usual outfit for battle. In her black thin hoodie and dark navy trouser. She came in with those eyes filled with determination and it somehow surprised Yuri…everyone seemed to realize the change in the air around Taeyeon. It was different from usual. There was actually life within her eyes.

“Yuri, I beg you, please let me participate, let me go.”

“…Why is that? To kill Hwang Steve with your hands?”

“Actually…No.”

Everyone was startled when Taeyeon said that she didn’t want to go for revenge. Only but Yongsun understood the feelings that was inside the
girl. As for the leader, she remembered that yesterday she still had those vengeful eyes she usually had…but it was no longer there anymore. It was like she was a completely different individual right now…as if it was the real Taeyeon. Those were not eyes of filled with hatred and sought for revenge, but it was filled with determination and persistence for something…for something she held dearly to her. It was similar to the eyes that Hwang Tiffany had when she confronted with her…and that blink of moment; Yuri was actually slightly swayed by that strong passion coming out from Taeyeon.

“…So what is your reason that you’re coming?”

“I want to reclaim what belongs to me…and with my own hands. I need to go and confront with her, and then I will able to find the answer that I’m looking for.”

“…Taeyeon?”

Everyone was in state of surprise. It sounded so different from the usual ruthless Taeyeon they knew. It was as if she came to enlighten something, and she needed to do this in order to find the answer to her heart. Yuri could see how the youngster wouldn’t give up that easily even though she said no…and even though she said no, she was certain that Taeyeon would be going anyways. She overcame the point that she would disobey everyone that tried to stop her, even though it was Yuri. Her eyes told how much she was serious about this and never even once in these past
20 years she saw those eyes before…and now, it was as if she matured out of blue.

(Since when did this kid…)

Yuri was still in shock before she glanced shortly to Yongsun. She was just smiling back at her with a nod and that was when Yuri realized what was the cause for all of this matter…Taeyeon was changing, and it was because of Tiffany. Something inside the girl was changing. The leader’s eyes grew wider as she recalled her talk with Tiffany about Taeyeon walking down the same path as Hwang Steve…but they were wrong after all. It seemed Taeyeon would never turn into a man like Steve, after Yuri had witnessed that passion in those eyes. It made her sighed softly before she leaned back against her working table.

“Yuri! Please!!”

Seriously, Yuri’s mind was blown away. Taeyeon became like a complete different person from last night. It just made her wonder what did Yongsun talk to her to make Taeyeon become such a different person like this. Taeyeon was pleading her to let her go than the usual yelling and being arrogant. It wasn’t just Yuri was surprised, but both Yoona and Moonbyul as well. The only person that seemed to knowing everything that was going on was Yongsun and she was just smiled and supported
Taeyeon.

“Such passion that can sway people’s mind, isn’t?”

“…Oh god this kid.”

“Yuri!”

She sighed again, and finally had decided to speak after all the things she had witnessed from Taeyeon. However, there was one thing that was stopping her to let that was the deal she made with Tiffany. The condition was that she needed to keep Taeyeon out of this for her safety.

“The deal I made with Tiffany was to guarantee your safety in return for her being our spy.”

“I’ll talk to her about it! Just please let me go!”

“Let me finish what I need to say.”

“A-Ah…sorry.”

Taeyeon was being more obedient than usual. Yuri started to wonder did this girl realize the drastic change she was making? Or she was just too desperate and focused to go along with this mission just to see Tiffany again. It just made her remember when Tiffany said how love could make her do stupid things such as giving herself to Taeyeon just for the sake of holding her closely. It seemed she had left a huge impact on
Taeyeon…and she was being too crazily insane right now too.

“She didn’t want you to go down the same path as her Dad…cursing your own life with all the hatred you have. Revenge will not make you stop the thirst and Tiffany realized that.”

“…!”

“She wanted to end the cycle of hatred and revenge for your sake even though it’s risking her life on the line.”

“…”

”But that was only if your intention is to revenge against Hwang Steve.”

Yuri’s words made Taeyeon and others stumbled. She looked back up with eyes filled surprise and could see her leader sighing with that smirk across her face. That somehow made Taeyeon saw the hope and then Yuri continued where she left off.

“If your reason…is to reclaim your possession. Then that’s out of the deal she offered.”

“Yes! Thank you so much Yuri!!”

“But I’m violating one of her conditions, your safety. What are you going to do with that?”

“…I’ll do anything, please let me go. That’s my deal!”

Taeyeon was basically making a deal that violates Tiffany’s deal with Yuri. The usual Kim Taeyeon wouldn’t do something so insane and rashly like this…but she wasn’t the usual coldhearted one anymore. For once in her lifetime, Yuri was going to be flexible with the golden rule for the sake of her love for her family…she rather have Taeyeon under her mission than for her to run over there herself like a mad girl. It was more than enough to prove Yuri that Taeyeon was actually in love with Tiffany…and it was more than enough reason for her not to stop
Taeyeon.

“Okay, I’m not let you do that. To make a deal with me to violate other person’s deal is prohibited and I won’t tolerate such an act.”

“B-But…”

“If I say no, you’ll go on run into enemy’s base again to find her, right?”

“…Ah.”

“Therefore its safer that I actually take you with the mission in order to have you under my lead… so do you know what that means?”

“Y-Yes!!”

Everyone understood Yuri’s last statement. At this state, for Yuri to take Taeyeon on the mission would be safer than to just leave her behind. This girl was ready to do anything crazy and charge right into the enemy’s base recklessly just to see Tiffany. It seemed like a coincidence that the new Taeyeon completely got out from the condition Tiffany established…as if it was a miracle. The youngster’s objective was not for revenge, and she would be less safe if she were actually left behind. How coincidence all that everything seemed to let Taeyeon go along in the mission…Maybe things were meant to be that way.

“Good you’re here, let’s discuss the plan.”

“Yes!”

Taeyeon was finally accepted to join the plan and it seemed they took their time talking for quite a long while. Time went by so fast and before they realized it they were losing too much of their valuable time. But then good news happened, Yuri received a signal from Tiffany’s earring device that gave out the location of the new laboratory.

“…That’s from Tiffany.”

Yuri went to check her computer immediately and projected the screen onto the projector. That was when they saw the blinking red dot on the map…at that very familiar place they all knew well. As long as Taeyeon been there once, she would remember its precise location and she knew immediately where it was…that that old laboratory used for the experiment. It was the place where Yuri, Yongsun, and Moonbyul came from. They really did use the old laboratory after all…and it was the best place for the three super soldiers to fight since they knew the place like a back of their hands. They also had the whole map of the each underground floors of the laboratory as Taeyeon retrieved the information from her first and last visit. Everyone was assigned to different tasks…Yoona would be stalling and acted as the bait to get all the enemy’s attention. Moonbyul and Yongsun were assigned to destroy every machine and technology that came in their way. They would be armed with mini bombs to destroy everything. Their objective in this mission was to destroy every trace so the SuperSoldier project will never be revived again.

“I allow you two to activate your own persona to fight as well. Go all out.”

“Yes.”

They replied in unison and exchanged a look with each other with a soft smile across their faces. Yuri was no longer afraid of Moonbyul being controlled over Center or
Light…the young puppy had Yongsun and she had grown up to become a young adult already. Then lastly, the last person was Taeyeon.

“…As for you, do whatever you want.”

“Huh?? Eh?”

“Go claim what is yours, okay?”

Taeyeon was surprised that Yuri was putting much trust and faith in her. In such an important mission like this, she allowed the youngster to do what she needed to do. She smiled with relief and nodded firmly before she looked back at her leader with that utmost determination in her heart.

“Yes.”

“As lastly for me, I will hack into the program and make sure everything is eradiated. I need to clean this up with my own hands. Now, ready or not, I told you all to be ready ever since yesterday, we’re leaving in 30 minutes.”

“Yes ma’am!”

Everyone replied in unison and they made sure that they were fully prepared for this final mission of their life. It was the moment for the unfortunate subjects like Yuri, Moonbyul, and Yongsun to realize that everything was about to come to an end. It was the time that the creation will destroy the creator. As for Yoona, she loaded her gun and made sure she had everything she needed…realizing that there might be a chance that she would confront with Jessica, she would confront with her with that strong determination to protect her family, at all cost. Lastly…for Taeyeon, she put the necklace into her pocket and remembered about how Tiffany told her it was her lucky charm. She took a deep breath before she went to join with everyone else that were preparing to depart any moment. She took off the bandage around her head as her wound was completely healed…she was more than ready to go into the battlefield and do what she needed to do…to meet with Tiffany again and retrieve the answer that her heart sought for.

 

 

-
-

Sorry, it took me long enough to update. Been busy with college.

Hope you like this chapter. I will  try to update fast