Chapter 12.1

Love Capture

Chapter 12.1

 

 

“We have taken control of the area now sir.”

The military soldiers came to take over the area as the General was standing with Yuri, Irene, and another lady with that curled hair. This was the ending that everyone wanted…everything came to an end, as all the police officers were taken care off while the military act on its own and seize over this area for further investigation. Yuri turned to the woman and gave that warm smile before she bowed her head down softly.

“Thank you for your help, Sunny, Minho-
shi.”

“Obviously Yuri, we’re always a family. How can I leave you in that danger without doing anything? Glad we came right on time.”

“Yeah…it’s all thanks to you, Irene.”

Yuri turned to the younger sister Kim and she felt that she didn’t deserve such a compliment like this from her. However she was forced to take it anyways. It was because of her that the news was able to reach with Sunny and allowed the military to act fast. The woman that Yoona ordered Irene to go contact was actually Lee Sunny, the ex-member that moved out from the dark alley… and she’s currently a teacher in high school and was living with her older brother, Minho. Yuri also knew him as well through Sunny, and how coincident that he was a General in the Landforce. He had been investigating on the SuperSoldier project but never found any valuable trace to pinpoint the one behind this whole tragic mess. However, with this information Yuri copied onto the USB, it would allow the General to do further investigations to bring the end to this inhuman nightmare. He acted at his will, and he was certain this topic would bizarre when he brought it up to the main headquarters.

“Let me handle with this mess from here on. Thank you for your cooperation Yuri-s
hi.”

“I need to thank you too, Minho-shi…please end this for us.”

“I will, I promise.”

The matter came to an end as the soldiers were cleaning up the mess that the SuperSoldiers did, both inside and out of the warehouse and laboratory. It was the power of social connections. Yuri planned so thoroughly that there wouldn’t be a single mistake happening. The General decided to take his leave as he had many things he needed to take care of and allowed the three ladies to have their private conversation with one another. Sunny glanced over at Irene and realized how closely she shared that same appearance as Taeyeon. It made her smiled out of reminisce.

“Oh wow, you really do look like Taeyeon. As expected from her sister sister.”

“Ah, many people do say so too.”

“Ah right…how’s Taeyeon?”

“…Well.”

Yuri sighed as Sunny brought up that taboo question. She slowly glanced over to that raven-haired officer that was sitting all alone with her forehead resting against her hands. Anyone who saw her could obviously tell that she was truly devastated in many levels…there were too many things happening in the same time for her, and it was plainly bitter for her. That silence Yuri gave was more than enough for Sunny to grasp the situation slightly. But as Irene was trying to approach her senior, Yuri stopped her.

“Let’s give her time…she needs it. I’ll need you to help me several things if you don’t mind it.”

“…Okay.”

Irene watched her decaying senior sitting in that silent as if she was carrying the whole world’s weight on her shoulders. However, Yuri took her away to do several things with her since she needed a hand from an officer as well. Everyone was kept busy with many things; Yoona and Yongsun were helping the soldiers taking care of massive amount of corpse inside the laboratory. It wasn’t such a nice scene after all, but the soldiers did their job without questioning anything. At least the General knew the whole story through Yuri and Sunny already, and he well aware of this matter and went through each procedure cautiously.

 

-


Tiffany’s body was still trembling and still had that bloodstain on her hands and clothes. It wasn’t her blood…it was Taeyeon’s blood. She was holding that body closely to her and she ignored how much blood it would stain on her clothes. She closed her eyes and recalled that sound of the bullet that was fired from her father’s gun while he was aiming at Taeyeon. At that blink of a second that she believed the Taeyeon was about to be killed…
 

-///-

 

~BANG~


That was Steve’s last words and it was like everything went blank. It was like everything happened in slow motion…she saw Taeyeon flinched and fell back onto the floor. She felt as if something forcefully ripped her heart into pieces from inside. She swore that she believed Taeyeon was dead from that…that stubborn mouse pushed Tiffany away so to take the bullet instead of her place, despite how much she was gambling her life on it. Before any words could be formulated from her lips, she heard another sound. The sound of the body collapsed onto the floor, but that sound didn’t catch her attention as her eyes only stared at Taeyeon… Her world already collapsed at that blink of horror, and nothing could be worse than this. She never felt this devastated before, it felt even worse than dying…it was as if she was stabbed and killed over thousands of times, and couldn’t die or escape from this horror.

“T-That gave me a heart attack…”

That familiar voice echoed in her ears. Tiffany’s eyes shot wide and then saw Taeyeon moving, and tried to sit up. She saw that small cut horizontally across her arm, and it was as if its a miracle that the bullet just grazed passed her. It was a short pain before it became bearable for Taeyeon. The moment
Tiffany saw the young mouse sighed with relief, and was more than certain that she was alive…she couldn’t hold back her tears and broke down right there. Taeyeon could her sniffling and turned to Tiffany with her eyes grew wide with surprise. Tiffany was crying madly before she threw her arms around her body tightly. Obviously it gave more sting pain to her from the arm and abdomen after receiving that impact from her…but it didn’t bother her.

T-Taeyeon…! Taeyeon…! Taeyeon—!”

She could feel Tiffany’s body trembling and she was crying on her shoulders…as well as crying for her name repeatedly. Obviously it wasn’t just Tiffany that thought Taeyeon would die. She also thought she was dead from that fire she heard, but she didn’t…the warm from Tiffany’s hug and the terrible sting pain made her amazingly relieved. It was a feel of relief to be alive…and living.

“…”

Then suddenly, the young Kim finally caught a glipse of that dead body in front of her… it was Steve’s body. She was shocked and slowly looked up to see Yuri, Yoona, and another officer with them. It was actually her leader’s gun that pulled the trigger…and end Steve’s life. She came here in order to end this madness with her hands and she had enough with young kids having to dirty their hands with blood.

Y-Yuri—!”

“Let this…end the madness.”

“…This is the end, isn’t?”

Yoona spoke up softly and Jessica watched the two friends of hers. Realizing how much they carried the burden… it was just so heavy that she couldn't’ believe they pulled it through until the very end along with the young kids for all these years. In the end of this, she wasn’t sure what to feel anymore. Grateful? Upset? Only but silence is what she could do, and it seemed it was more than enough for her right now.

“…It’s over.”

Moonbyul took control of the body as she tried to get up on her knees. She saw Yongsun approached her quickly with utmost worries after she had massacred every single one of the officers that tried to harm her precious Moonbyul. The older one wrapped her arms around the puppy gently and it was more than enough to tell her how much she was worried for her.

“I’m sorry Yongsun-
unnie…I was very careless aren’t I?”

“It’s okay Moonbyul, it’s okay…you’re safe, and that’s all. We’re all alive.”

“…Yeah, we are.”

The last thing that Yuri wanted the young kids to do was to taint their hands even more than this. She took that job instead and killed Hwang Steve with her own hands…she would carry that burden on herself instead. As for Steve’s daughter, she didn’t bother to turn to see her father’s corpse at all and just hugged Taeyeon tightly with those trembling fragile arms. It was like they were having this special telepathy with one another, without any words conveyed Taeyeon felt that Tiffany knew what happened to her father…and obviously no child wanted to see their parent’s dead body. Taeyeon slowly Tiffany’s head with her less injured arm and pushed her head gently onto her shoulders.

“…Don’t look.”

Tiffany didn’t reply anything and kept crying, but then the blood kept oozing from her abdomen injury and it made her head felt lighter. She was losing her control of her hand but she tried to grasp for her conscious as much as she could. If she were to faint now, no one would know what could it mean. She might not even wake up again…and that’s not what she wanted. She wanted to live, Tiffany made her wanted to live despite how much her life was cursed…she still wanted to live, with her.

“…You’re safe now.”

“M-Mmm…”

Tiffany nodded while murmuring on Taeyeon’s shoulder. That tight hug from the raven-haired girl was more than enough to tell her that she was more than safe. That moment, Taeyeon let out a smile of relief and began to have this double vision. Things became a little twisted and blurred when she lost her control of her arm at last. Such a perfect time, her concussion pain came in as well and a whole combination of everything just made it worse.

“I…guess I need a…”

Tiffany felt Taeyeon’s body became heavy and fell back onto the floor again. This time, she was completely knocked out. This could formulate various reasonings, it could mean that it was just a simple faint and she would be fine. However, after being shot twice in the abdomen, that assumption would be too beautiful.

T-Taeyeon? H-Hey…don’t do this. Taeyeon? Taeyeon!?”

Tiffany shook her but the girl wasn’t responding at all. It immediately caught everyone’s attention and Yoona rushed to the unconscious girl’s side and checked her pulse. It was still there, but it wasn’t enough to tell that Taeyeon was in a safe line. It was as if they were playing around with this bomb that could explode any second from now. They don’t know whether there was any internal bleeding inside or not and they needed to take her to the doctor as quickly as possible.

“Yuri!”

“Seohyun should be here anytime soon, take her out now!”

Yoona scooped Taeyeon up in her arms and she could see Tiffany looked totally lifeless. She was obviously in a state of shock and she wouldn’t want to leave this poor woman alone, but she needed to take care of this mouse first. She tapped Tiffany’s shoulder to grab her attention, but the officer wouldn’t make an eye contact with her. Only she could hope that her words would reach her.

“Taeyeon
unnie will be alright…I promise. You need to stay strong for her too, okay?”

“…”

Despite Tiffany didn’t respond back, Yoona had faith that her words reached the scarred officer. She carried Taeyeon in her arms and literally sprinted out from this laboratory to go back up to the surface. Leaving Tiffany all alone with that fresh blood on her hands and clothes. It was Taeyeon’s blood…and she didn’t know what to do at all. After she realized that the girl wasn’t shot dead, she was utterly relieved beyond anything else…but then it was as if it was a matter of when would the ticking bomb exploded inside Taeyeon. Jessica hated to see her friend being in this state and went to her side immediately without any further waiting. At this moment, she couldn’t obviously understand what Tiffany was going through…she lost her last family member, and now she was about to lose someone she cared to her. The only thing was to be by her side and hoped that Tiffany’s heart would not shatter.

“Tiff…it’s me, Jessica.”

Jessica crouched down right in front but
Tiffany didn’t bother reply at the slightest, or it was the fact that she didn’t hear her at all. The only thing Tiffany kept feeling and seeing was Taeyeon lying down on the floor listlessly and she trying to shake her. Those images kept replaying inside her head and she couldn’t get over with it. She had not need to see her father’s body to tell herself that he was already dead… After she lost the person she loved, she was about to lose another one. She couldn’t stop chanting her name and her hands just kept trembling in fear for anything that could happen to Taeyeon any second that ticked by.

“…Taeyeon…Taeyeon…Taeyeon…!”

“Tiffany!”

 

~SLAP~


Jessica slapped her across her cheeks to allow her to regain her conscious back. At least, the officer turned back to her friend with that reddened cheek. It seemed she was finally out from her endless hallucination. Obviously Taeyeon’s friends wouldn’t allow that to happen and Yoona promised to her that the girl would be fine. Jessica used those words to give hope and support to the broken heart friend of hers.

“Yoona never make promises if she can’t keep it…believe her, and believe Taeyeon. You need to be strong for her too, okay?”

“Jessica…”

“Get up, let’s get out of here. I believe Taeyeon would need your support as well.”

“…”

In the end, Jessica took care of Tiffany and escorted her out from this hideous laboratory. Tiffany made sure that she wouldn’t catch a glimpse of her father…because she didn’t want the last image of her father to be his corpse.
Jessica walked passed Yuri and exchanged a short glance with her before she took the main path to get out from here. The younger  woman understood her ex-lover’s action and allowed her to do what she wanted. After she was taken outside and the soldiers had arrived to clear up the mess, Tiffany had been sitting outside and tried to calm herself down for the entire time. She was told that Taeyeon was in good hands, but there were no news at all…which that didn’t make anything better for her at all. She just remained there, ignoring all the surroundings and prayed silently to herself for Taeyeon.

 

-///-



While Tiffany was sitting all alone and away from everyone, there was this young lady that approached her and it was Im Yoona. She was told off by Sunny’s brother since they had done more than enough already. He would deal everything instead and the Yuri’s team would not have to dirty their hands any further now. The decayed raven-haired woman could see Yoona approaching her, and then just stood there in front of her, but she was not really in a mood to talk to anyone at the moment.

“There’s nothing we can do here now and everyone needed to treat their own injuries. So we’re about to leave now.”

“…What about Taeyeon?”

Tiffany spoke up with that weak tone. Obviously Yoona could tell that
Tiffany was indeed worry about Taeyeon so much that it was destroying her heart ever second that passed by. The younger sighed before she crouched down to match her eye level with Tiffany before tapping on her shoulder. But despite that…Tiffany still didn’t make that eye contact with her.

“Seohyun is a talented doctor, she’s doing what needs to be done to guarantee Taeyeon unnie’s life. I’m certain she will be alright, she’s a tough girl.”

“…I see. I guess that’s good bye for us.”

“What are you talking about?
Unnie, you’re coming back with us.”

“E-Eh?”

Tiffany looked up and finally their eyes met.
Yoona only smiled positively to give that energy to her. She held Tiffany’s hand and pulled the officer up to stand on her feet despite her hand was dirtied with dried blood. Yoona wasn’t bothered by it at all and had those warm hands that comforted her.

“I’m really sorry for your lost, and I guess you really don’t know where to go too, right?”

“…”

“Taeyeon needs you, and I believe you need her too. There are many things I want to tell you too, but let it be after me cleaning up my mess. Let’s go back together, okay?”

“…Yoona.”

Tiffany was totally stunned and her silent reply was more than enough to tell Yoona that she was coming along as well. She let go of her hands and escorted her to the van they would get on to head back to their hideout. Moonbyul was already resting inside the van after Yongsun did an emergency treatment on her wounds. Yongsun was still helping several things out with Yuri, Irene, and Jessica…but now it was a time for some short farewell. Then the
pink-haired woman also invited Irene to come along as well. She was Taeyeon’s beloved sister, and so she was a part of their family too. It was obvious that she would be worried of her sister.

“I-Is it okay for me to come?”

“Taeyeon is your sister, you have more than enough right to come. Please do, Irene.”

“…Thank you. That really meant a lot to me. But I will go after we cleared things here first.”

Irene smiled with utter relief and it made Yongsun happy as well, what could’ve been better when the separated loving sisters could finally be together again? As for Yuri who was exchanging glances with Jessica, it was her turn to give the answer and she said the same thing as Irene. They were still officers of Crime Investigation Department and they couldn’t abandon their job. At the very least they would assist the General Lee as much as they could before they were asked to leave.

“…I’ll be there when things are over. You owe me tons of explanation.”

“Yeah I do. Please contact me or Yoona through this number, and we’ll come pick you two up.”

“Sounds fair to me.”

Jessica took the paper that the
younger woman handed to her. She kept in her pocket safely as she knew she would be using it soon. Then suddenly they heard Yoona calling them and it was about the time they would be leaving this place once and for all. Sunny would be driving the van for them and her brother was trying to chase her off so she wouldn’t be involved with his work. This was probably the best thing she could do to get away as well as helping her family. However, before they would leave Yoona shouted out her officer’s name so loudly that it probably caught many attention.

Sica!!”

“Huh? Yoona?”

“I’ll see you later~”

“…Yeah.”

Jessica smiled back and watched
Yoona skipped away into the van before it took off. She never sighed with relief for a long while and she wondered why. Maybe it was because she finally reunited with her old friend and ex-lover again? Despite how crazy it was that happened today, Jessica went back to work with Irene to clean this mess. She carried that sense of responsibility to clean up the mess that the officers had done. At the very least she had something to look forward to after this tiresome job was done…both Jessica and Irene would go to pay everyone a visit for certain.


 

~XXX~



Seohyun had used that special operating room that was in the hideout. She was surprised that room was maintained very well despite she left 5 years ago. No one should ever underestimate Yuri; she was always prepared for every circumstance that could happen. She prepared this room just in case anyone was to be injured and needed Seohyun’s help. The moment she received Taeyeon from Yoona, she rushed straight back to the dark alley and used her clean special operating room. She treated her immediately and did what she needed to do for Taeyeon. For how long she didn’t keep track of the time, as she was too focused on saving this young girl from the ticking bomb.
 

-


But for that time being, as for Tiffany…she had been waiting in the living room and prayed for the whole time. If Yoona didn’t force her to change her clothes and wash the blood out from her, she would be sitting there ever since they arrived back. Sunny was treating Moonbyul’s wound for the time being in the living room with Yongsun assisting her. She wasn’t a professional like Seohyun but she did learn a lot back in those years that they all used to live here together with everyone. The young puppy got shot and it didn’t take that long since the bullet didn’t penetrate into any important area of the body. Nothing could make Tiffany move from her spot at all until she could hear the sound of the door opened and the tall woman came out while taking off those bloody gloves. The operation ended faster than they thought and it made them slightly worried with what was the result of this matter.

“Seohyun! How was it??”

“…T
hat unnie sure got some luck. I wonder how lucky can Taeyeon unnie be.”

She came out sighed softly and explained how miraculously that none of the organs were damaged at all. She did have some internal rupture and bleeding but it wasn’t as severe as she thought and so Taeyeon did not need to go to the hospital. Nothing dangerous for Taeyeon but she did lose some amount of blood. After enough rest she would be fine and get better soon. If her organs were to lacerate from the bullet and impact, then they would seriously needed to send her to hospital as soon as possible. Luckily there was one close by that was owned by Seohyun’s friend. That moment everyone sighed with relief, and especially for Tiffany. It was like the whole world was lifted from her shoulders and she sprang up from her seat towards the midget savior immediately. She was obviously the one that worried about Taeyeon the most and she spoke up without further ado.

“…Can I see her?”

Seohyun did have a short exchange glance with Yuri before she nodded with a smile. The doctor turned back and gave that smile of comfort to
Tiffany and remembered when she came to her pharmacy. From what everyone told her and from how she saw Tiffany… she could tell that she was the special one for Kim. And so she decided to ask the officer for help.

“Sure, we will need someone to take her up to her bed. Can you help?”

“Y-Yes!”

Tiffany followed Seohyun with excitement into the room while others could see that the officer was more than happy to do this. She finally got to see her love after all these hours and Taeyeon lying on the operating bed. The
tall woman told her to carry the unconscious girl and take her up to the main bedroom on the 2nd floor. She seemed to be able to get her thoughts around and Seohyun was likely to refer to that same room she used to sleep before.

“I’ll follow you up with the first aid kids and the meds, someone will need to always keep an eye on her, will you?”

“I will do it. Let me, please.”

She replied without hesitation to Seohyun before her attention diverted to Taeyeon. Tiffany gently scooped the unconscious one into her arms…that warm body she felt gave her so much relief beyond anything else. She felt that she could broke into tears any moment right now and the fact that Taeyeon was safe just made felt like it’s a bless. At least god didn’t take away the only and last person alive that she loved unconditionally…Taeyeon was still here with her. Watching her sleeping face, it reminded her the time that she had been embracing her the whole day and to not interrupt Taeyeon’s sleep…it made her smiled out without unconsciously and Seohyun saw it.

“…”

The  doctor was surprised to witness that smile. Everything that Yuri told her seemed to make sense instantly…this woman cared and loved Taeyeon so deeply. She was no longer surprised that Tiffany was capable to reach down to
Taeyeon’s scarred heart. She really did caught Seohyun’s attention even more and she started to take a like Tiffany. She eventually watched Tiffany taking Taeyeon up the stairs and took her time preparing the essential things before catching up with her. When she finally caught up with her, Seohyun sat down by Tiffany’s side and told everything that she needed to know for to take care of Taeyeon until she would wake up. Approximately she would be unconscious for 2-3 days and should be waking up since her body produces enough blood to fill up the lost part. She would need to sterilize the wounds 4-5 times a day and replaced the bandages too. It would be a tough work, as Tiffany would need to nurse over Taeyeon literally the 24/7. However, Taeyeon was more than willing to do this job. It was quite obvious that she wouldn’t plan to leave Taeyeon’s side despite carring that job or not. After Seohyun finished explaining everything that Tiffany needed to know, it would be about time that she would return back to her usual pharmacy store.

“Do you have any questions, unnie?”

“Not at all. I’m all good.”

“If anything were to happen, please contact me immediately. Always keep her wounds hygiene and everything should be alright.”

“Thank you Seohyun-s
hi…thank you.”

That officer lady thanked her with such a sincere heart. It did caught Seohyun off guard slightly, and finally understood how did she managed to touch the heartless girl’s heart. For that kid who only sought for revenge chose not to kill the man, despite it was her life goal to kill him with her own hands…it just made her smiled with utmost relief. She was grateful that Taeyeon found the one for her and the person she was willingly to change for.

“…I’m glad that Taeyeon
unnie have you.”

“Eh?”

“Please take care of her.”

Seohyun decided to leave Tiffany alone with the young girl, and ever since then she had been by Taeyeon’s side and made sure that she treated her wounds every now and then when it was the time to. She wouldn’t even leave her spot and always sat down by her side…watching her sleeping and held her hand gently. Every time she heard her breathing, every time she felt the warmth and pulse from Taeyeon’s hand, it reminded Tiffany that Taeyeon was alive and right by her side. The only thing was to wait until she wakes up, but until then she promised to herself that
Taeyeon was safe.

“Tiffany, I brought you dinner.”

She turned and saw another raven-haired woman came in with a bowl of stew on the tray. It came along with a bottle of water as well. She placed it on the table close by before she approached Tiffany. Yongsun knew that the officer had been looking after Taeyeon the whole time ever since she got out from the operation room. Yongsun sat down beside her while she looked at Taeyeon who seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

“How is she?”

“Everything’s good, I just changed her bandage few minutes ago.”

“That’s great. You should eat something. A hot stew always taste good.”

“Thank you Yongsun.”

“Just call me Yongsun, it's a bit awkward that you’re older than me.”

The younger raven giggled softly and it made Tiffany felt slightly relaxed. Yongsun really had that comfortable air around her which made people felt welcomed to talk anything to her. She would always have that gentle smile all the time and she started the conversation with Tiffany first though. It was as if she came up here wasn’t just to pass the dinner to the officer after all.

“I believe you wondered why Yuri let Taeyeon went on the mission right?”

“…!”

“If I were you, I would feel the same.”

It was as if Yongsun read her mind, and she had to admit she had doubts on that matter for a very long while. She couldn’t understand why Yuri would break her deal she made with her, and she felt rather betrayed. Judging from her expression, Yongsun could tell how Tiffany was feeling and she wished to clarify things with her before they continued anything else.

“Yuri is not someone who will break the deal once she made one. However, the circumstances just flipped all around. No one was expecting this as well.”

“What do you mean?”

“If we were to leave Taeyeon back here then she will far reckless things than this. That’s why Yuri have to bring her with us in order to keep her safe.”

“I’m still not sure I understand that?”

“Taeyeon didn’t come with us with the desire to revenge.”

“W-What…??“

Tiffany was in a moment on processing and awe. She was shocked with what Yongsun stated regarding Taeyeon’s motive.
Yongsun said that the vengeful Taeyeon wasn’t doing this for revenge when she had been seeking for over a decade. Yongsun could tell that Tiffany was completely mind blown away and obviously pretty much everyone felt the same as well when they heard that. She only smiled back to Tiffany before she continued, to tell Taeyeon’s real intention and everything that she needed to know regarding her feelings.

“She said…she want to reclaim what belongs to her with her own hands and she will find the answer she looked for when she meets you.”

“T-That’s quite—”

“Hard to believe?”

“It is...”

“That’s why Yuri cannot stop her, if she were to left Taeyeon behind this kid would either charge in recklessly and things would be even worse than this. So please understand Yuri’s decision…she’s doing her best to fulfill the promise with you.”

Tiffany remained in silence as things started to process things. Also, Yongsun knew that the officer was smart enough to be able to realize and catch up with many things based from what she said to her. She already told her about Taeyeon’s real intention to be a part of this dangerous mission, which already indirectly indicated Kim’s feelings. Taeyeon knew the consequences that could happen yet she still went on just for the sake of meeting Tiffany again. Only thing that Yongsun hoped was for Taeyeon’s feelings to reach her.

“Taeyeon changed, because of you. She no longer seeks revenge anymore.”

“I…”

“Tiffany, will you stay with her?”

What?? But…”

They both had exchanged glances with each other and it was the moment Yongsun was reading her eyes. However, it didn’t take that long until Tiffany diverted her eyes away to avoid making further eye contact. That body language she gave allowed Yongsun to make that clever assumption. The way she blurted out and how she looked away was more than enough information.

“…You didn’t intend to stay, didn’t you?”

“…”

“Can you at least do me a favor? At least stay here until she wakes up…she needs to talk to you.”

“Well, I ah…”

“When did you plan to leave?”

“I don’t know. Everything finally ended and there’s no point for me to be here. Maybe this is the best for both of us I get out from her life...for Taeyeon’s sake.”

“…!”

The way Tiffany talked just exactly reminded what she said to Yuri before she left Moonbyul and everyone. It was as if she saw old self overlapped on Tiffany and she could fully understand how the officer felt. Despite Yongsun realized that she would be making the same mistake that she had done, but she didn’t plan to stop her. Some things needed to happen in order for them to felt each other’s feelings. If she didn’t leave Moonbyul…then a future that Moonbyul came to take her back won’t happen. Some things needed to happen for the best between the two. At the very least, she wanted Tiffany to be with Taeyeon until the day she would be awake…hoping that
Taeyeon would create another miracle.

“Irene and Jessica are coming tomorrow, it seemed their work is done already.”

“I see.”

“If you need anything please feel free to call me or anyone okay?”

“I will, thank you.”

She decided to leave Tiffany alone and hoped that her words would reach her in some sort of ways. Obviously she didn’t want the officer to leave…but Taeyeon needed to be the one to stop Tiffany herself. Only she could prayed that the reckless girl would wake up soon before the officer would disappear out from her life.

Leaving the raven-haired officer all alone again, she remained by Taeyeon’s side and always checked her body temperature to make sure she wasn’t catching any fever while recovering. The young girl slept peacefully and she couldn’t help but to smile out from heart’s content. Eventually she glanced at the bowl of stew Yongsun brought it up for her… she realized she should eat it before it go wasted. The stew was warm and had that nostalgic tasting…it was that family taste. Then after she finished everything she didn’t leave Taeyeon’s side at all and just stayed there. She slept on the bed that was adjacent to her to make sure her girl would be fine…today was the most hectic day ever of her life. So many things happened, and finally she could call it a day…


 

~XXX~



The next early afternoon, Yoona went to pick up Jessica and Irene from Seohyun’s pharmacy before they brought them over to the dark alley, they were both wearing their casual clothing since they asked for a several days off from work. It was the first time they were here and obviously they would be alert due to the unfamiliar surrounding, however the moment they stepped into the house they felt that welcoming air in here. If felt completely different from how the outside appearance looked like. Everyone was pretty much sitting in the living room except for Tiffany since she would always be at her usual spot. Jessica certainly had something to talk with both Yoona and Yuri, and so Yongsun approached to the younger sister and gave Irene an offer to take her to Taeyeon.

“I’ll take you to see Taeyeon and Tiffany. Come with me.”

“T-Thank you.”

The young Kim followed Yongsun innocently upstairs and it was the time between the three adults to have the conversation they promised to one another. They decided to go to Yuri’s working room to have this matter be dealt, and the serious talk began.

 

-


It was like they both traced back in their past together and about several reasons they needed to leave Jessica behind. They didn’t believe that different statuses would be able to live together…especially when one was the hunter, and one was the hunted. They doubt that things would work, and the truth would be too hurtful if they continued being together. If anyone found out then Jessica’s reputation would demolished, and she would be in danger as well as she would be suspected to be cooperating with them. Yuri’s group was quite infamous back then and was in the top of the blacklist as well. If Jessica were to be with them at that point she joined the police force…there would certainly be many things that have an effect on her. Jessica just stood there listening to everything in silence without interrupting or adding anything.

“…So that’s why we decided to leave. I’m sorry.”

“…”

 

~SLAP~


Jessica walked up to her and slapped across her cheek. Obviously it made Yoona stumbled slightly but that was a good sign from the officer…she could tell from her eyes that she was obviously angry, but not as serious though. She came to understand Yuri and Yoona’s position even more, but that wouldn’t make her forget what the two of them had done to hurt her feelings. Yuri just rubbed her cheek with that dumbfounded look before Yoona realized that both of them were just reconcile things in their own way. She took her leave to let the two of them have their private time that they needed…she shouldn’t want to be the 3rd hand in this relationship. Despite she loved Jessica unconditionally, if it was for her own happiness she was willingly to step away and let her be with Yuri. She came outside and had her body leaned against the wall with a sigh.

“O-Ow—’

She flinched as she almost forgot that injury she got on her arm. It was the wound she got from Jessica pulling that fire. She was grateful that it didn’t hit at any vital spots or else things would be more serious than this. Since it was about time she would need to sterile and replaced the bandage, she untied it without realizing her who was coming towards her.

“Yoona.”

“Huh!? Oh, eh??”

She looked up and she was obviously shocked. She couldn’t understand why would Jessica be out from the room this fast after Yoona just came out less than a minute. She wondered why her conversation with Yuri finished that fast and she couldn’t help but to question so many things back to
Jessica.

“Why are you here? I thought you and Yuri are…”

“I’m done with her already. There’s nothing much we needed to talk.”

“That is fast trip to reminiscing your old times.”

“Sure it is…and I’m sorry.”

“Hm? What?”

“…That I shot you.”

Jessica saw that wound when Yoona was taking the bandage off. Of course it wasn’t intentionally and she was just about to walk to the living room to get the new bandages. It was more than obvious that Yoona didn’t care about it whether Jessica shot her or not. She did quite an outrageous thing to shoot passed her to kill another officer behind and anyone would’ve pull that trigger out of surprise and fear. She even expected it to be worse than this.

“It’s nothing! Just an arm, I will soon get better.”

“Let me treat your wounds okay?”

“Eh?”

“Let me replace those bandages.”

“It’s okay I can—”

“Let me do it Yoona.”

“…Okay.”

They both went downstairs and got the first aid kit before Jessica forced Yoona to sit down so she could treat her wounds. There were no words exchanged with each other and the officer cleaned
Yoona’s wounds gently and didn't say anything. She knew that she did this and felt utterly guilty to shoot her. She gently bandaged everything back up again and hoped that it wasn’t too tight on Yoona.

“Is it too tight?”

“Not at all.”

“…Does it hurt?”

“Not anymore.”

“…”

Jessica sighed again and then backed off slightly. However, she had her eyes staring on that wound and gently it with worries. She did have small cuts on her arms and legs, but it’s healing already. Yoona could see that the officer was too worried about her and then she her head. It did caught Jessica’s attention immediately and their eyes met. She smiled warmly to indirectly tell Jessica that she was not bothered with all these mess that she had done. She was truly sincere with that she said and called her by her first name.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me Jessica.”

“…You’re always like this, you never change.”

“Hehe~ I don’t think I did that much.”

“Yeah…and I prefer like that more.”

She leaned in and rested her head on Yoona’s shoulder. It made the younger
one blushed with Jessica’s silent move and it seemed she didn’t want to say anything further too. Both Moonbyul and Yongsun witnessed the whole scene and then Yoona told them to go away using hand signal. Obviously the two only smirked and slowly sneaked away to leave the two all alone in the living room. Yoona bit her lips nervously as she felt Jessica scooted in closer and had her hands held onto Yoona’s shirt. Yoona was deadly nervous with the situation but she eventually held around her and patted her back gently. In that endless silence, Yoona’s heart was beating like crazy as she felt Jessica’s body close to her, it was like a dream, but at the same time she was quite lost with why Jessica was acting like this.

“Can I hug you… like this?”

“Y-Yeah.”

“…Thank you.”

She smiled softly on Yoona’s shoulder while they just stayed in that position on the couch.
Yoona obviously still had her heart for the officer, but she had been hiding it for all these years and hoped for the best for Jessica. However, it seemed that officer Jung  started to make some move and realized the comforted and caring Yoona always gave her. Despite all the things about fighting each other in the battlefield, she could tell that she never intended to hurt her at the slightest. She showed no fear towards whether Jessica would kill her or not. It’s not that she believed in her, but Yoona didn’t mind if Jessica would kill her. She couldn’t understand why Yoona could be so selfless like this, but that was her appeal ever since she knew her…Maybe she might give her a chance for herself to fall in love with her

 

-


Back to Irene who was sitting down by Tiffany’s side having a talk with one another while watching over Taeyeon. They were sure having some sort of intense conversation and the younger sister had that frown on her face…she blinked and seemed to look nervous. It seemed Tiffany told her younger junior about her plans and what was she going to do from now on. Judging from Irene’s expression she was surprised and wasn’t sure whether it was a right thing that Tiffany was doing or not. It was decided already that Tiffany would be leaving, but it was a matter of when though.

Unnie…when you’re leaving?”

“In two days, I’ll be talking to Yuri about it and help take me back to the city. There are many things I needed to do.”

“Will you come back?”

“…For both Taeyeon and I, its best that I don't come back here again…or ever meet her.”

Tiffany was still not convinced with many things that Yongsun tried to tell her, but at least she would do as what
she was asked which was to stay here for at most 3 days. It was the time that Seohyun estimated when Taeyeon would wake up. She did have several things to go clear in the city and probably its best to leave as soon as she could. Also, there was nothing she needed to worry anymore too since Taeyeon no longer had the thirst for revenge, and everything would be smoothen down. There was nothing to stop Irene and Taeyeon from being together anymore, they only had each other left in this world.

“Nothing will stop you two being together anymore. Please do take care and look after her okay?”

“But…I’m sure Taeyeo
n unnie cares for you too. Why would she risk herself into the lab just for you?”

“…I still can’t convince myself she did that for me. I meant nothing to her and I’m her tool for revenge. My purpose here is defeated and so as an outsider, I should leave here.”

Fany unnie—”

“Please take care of her, and don’t let anything separate you two apart again. Taeyeon dearly cares for you, I can tell…even until now.”

Irene couldn’t seem to convince her senior about this matter. She seemed to make her decision regard about leaving this place, or it was just because she wanted to leave Taeyeon. She did listened to how Tiffany came to know and be with Taeyeon until now…it sound truly unbelievable but she didn’t say a word and kept listening to everything. She knew about how Taeyeon was using her for revenge against Hwang Steve, but now there’s no point for it since she no longer thirst for revenge. The man she had hatred for was no longer alive and this would end Taeyeon’s insanity. Eventually took her back to the normal peaceful life. However she would need support from people around her especially her only and last family member, Irene. However, the younger sister felt that something wasn’t right and had to ask that question to her senior.

Unnie, do you really like Taeyeon?”

“...No, I think I love her, maybe too much too.”

It did clarify many things in Irene’s mind. She could see the way her senior watched over and took care of her older sister…she could even feel it. The way that Tiffany treated Taeyeon was like the way lovers would do. The raven-haired woman really loved her sister. She nodded in that silence and stayed by her senior’s side for the rest of the time until dinner. Jessica and her did bring clothes as well as some extra for Tiffany. Everyone was very friendly and welcomed the two of them. Yuri was more than welcome to have them around in the house and they could stay as long as they wanted too. Obviously they had a plan that they would stay and left with Tiffany back into the city. But Irene was still making that decision since she might stay here a little longer because her sister is here. She would obviously have so many things she wanted to talk to her to catch up with the missing
20 years they were apart.

Everyone sure had a long break after all this chaos and mess that happened. They never felt this much peaceful for a very long while. Yongsun, Moonbyul were excited and thrilled to get to know Irene. They were having fun playing around with each other as how the usual Moonbyul would be doing. As for Yoona and Jessica, they were helping each other cleaning the dishes and everything after the dinner. They seemed to be spending some time together after the long grudge Jessica had, reminiscing about their nostalgic past as well as maybe giving the opportunity for their feelings to grow. Jessica loved both Yuri and Yoona…but she no longer love Yuri like she used to anymore. She was still wondering she saw Yoona as a friend or more than that and only time would tell her. She seemed to have a discussion with the younger one already and Yoona was obviously more than welcome to wait for Jessica despite they would still be just friends. The other three ladies saw and feel that little sweet atmosphere happening around Yoona and Jessica, and the young naive Moonbyul couldn’t help but to speak her thoughts.

“Yoona and Jessica-shi looked like a married couple…”

“O-Oh shush it Byul!”

Yoona was blushing mad, and it seemed Jessica was a little too. Yongsun couldn’t help but to giggle to see that love started to bloom everywhere. It would take quite a while for the two of them to settle together but at least there was a beginning to it. Yongsun  wrapped her arms around Moonbyul and pulled her in while she leaned back against the couch. The younger one was flushed this time and was completely submissive in Yongsun’s arm. She couldn’t help but to tease Moonbyul and kissed her head gently and cuddled her playfully.

“Yongsun-!?”

“Hehe, you’re just cute Moonbyul.”

“How is being like a married couple now?”

“Hey!”

Yoona sneered back and the puppy was blushing madly. As for Yongsun and Irene they couldn't help but to laugh at how Moonbyul was acting right now. She really did look like a helpless puppy in Yongsun’s arms.
Yongsun patted her head tenderly and kept Moonbyul in her arms for the whole time. Everyone was sure having fun and relaxed despite their status in society…officers, criminals, killers, whatever their status was, they could still live together happily with one another.

 

-


As for Yuri, she had sat down in her office working as usual but working on a new objective this time. She received a call from Seohyun who was working something for her and she wished she would hear some good news. She passed the information she copied in an extra USB to the midget doctor before she left today; she wanted her to help do some special research for her.

“Any updates?”

[It is possible to make a cure for the toxin in Yongsun and your body
, unnie. The data you gave me is really helpful; I should be able to tell you in few days.]

“I’m glad to hear that. Thank you so much Seohyun.”

[I guess Taeyeon
unnie is doing well now?]

“She never left her side at all. I assume she’s alright.”

[I see, I’ll contact you if I got any further updates. High likely I should be able to formulate a cure for it.]

“…I’m glad to hear that. Good night.”

She hung up the call and rested against her chair. It seemed she really did ask the right person to come up with the cure for her and Yongsun. They were suffering from the side effects of the poison in their body and their bodies were decaying. Their lifespan had shortened down due to countless experiments on them…and if Seohyun successfully made the cure, then it should buy get back some lifespan for them to live longer than they expected. However, they would be able to live that long comparing to ordinary people. The experiment they went through didn’t care they live long or not, as long as they could function as a SuperSoldier, it would still fulfill the experiment’s purpose. Yuri thought back to the old days when they worked so hard to come this far…and it’s finally over. Maybe it was about time they could finally take a rest from this matter.

 

-


Lastly…Tiffany was still there by Taeyeon’s side and gently her head. She pushed that bangs away and saw that nasty scar across her left temple, she remembered the story that Taeyeon told her. Then it would always remind her that everything was over. The long hatred vengeful cycle was broke down and there was nothing that would come to harm Taeyeon anymore. Part of her hoped that Taeyeon would wake up quickly…but another part she didn’t want it to happen. If she woke up before she left, then it would be too hard for her to leave. Obviously she didn’t want to leave at all, but she still carried that guilt that her father hurt so many people, especially the one she loved. There were much confusion and frustration going on inside her and she would need a break to settle things down. She needed to give herself time to be alone, to filter things inside her mind before she could make any decision from now. Or she just wanted to run away from Taeyeon because of her feelings for her? She eventually glanced at the clock and realized that it was getting late, and so it was time for bed. Before that she her cheek and slowly bent down to plant that soft kiss on her forehead.

“…Taeyeon…”

She only called her name and nothing was said further. It was mixed with love and sadness. So much mixed emotions going on inside Tiffany and she sighed before she decided it to call a day…just 2 more days before she would leave here.


 

~XXX~



It was the night before Tiffany would leave. She was called over by Yuri after she had her dinner for a private talk. She wasn’t sure what Yuri wanted to talk to her and she was getting a little nervous when its only the two of them in her office. She leaned against the table and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“Sorry to call you this late, but I need to tell you something…it is very important.”

“…Yes?”

“About Hwang Steve, about your father…”

What is it?

Yuri continued on and revealed the truth behind Steve’s action. She found this hidden message in the main computer after Jessica had successfully hacked into the main computer. It was in the same folder that contained literally all the information regarding the SuperSoldier project. When Yuri recited it, it made Tiffany froze for a second because that was the same exact word he said before he was dead.

 

“…Let this end the madness…”


Later on, everything made sense when she had found his will. It was in his hidden pocket of the jacket and surprisingly it was written to Taeyeon… It revealed all his intention to be stopped by someone, to be killed by someone. He had done so many crimes beyond forgiving…and by the time he realized it, it was too late already. He always wondered who would be able to stop him and he hoped that his daughter would…but he knew Tiffany too well. She was too kind and she wouldn’t be able to stop him that easily. However, recognizing Taeyeon in that security camera when she was attempting to kidnap Tiffany out from their headquarters gave him hope… He obviously knew about Taeyeon’s identity and existence ever since then, and realized that she would be the best person to kill him…

Kim Taeyeon, she would be the best one to stop his madness after he failed to do so. He was deeply affected with
Michelle’s death and lost his humanity already…he killed so many innocent lives and it was just too much for him to repent. It was too painful for him to live on and wanted someone to end his life. He wanted someone to stop him his madness. That was the hidden meaning behind his words… Let this end the madness…he always wished for someone to stop him from this insanity that was ripping off his humanity.

He was sad that he made Tiffany disappointed. He couldn’t be a good father to her in the end, and allowed his own weakness to take control over her. Before he wrote this he had faith that Taeyeon would kill him. The girl would have the most motive to kill him, as he was responsible for her parent’s death. He pushed hard to play as a villain role to provoke Taeyeon even more…to make her have a stronger motive to kill him. However, the last part of the letter…he addressed to his daughter.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t be the good father that you can be proud of,
and please know that I love you so much.”


“…”

Tiffany literally broke into tears and but it was a mixed with too many emotions. She didn’t know what to say after she learned the truth regarding her father’s feelings. He was obviously an insane madman…but it was because he was severely wounded from her sister’s death. She was literally killed right in front of him…and no one could understand the pain he went through. She was sad that she failed to be her father’s emotional support and to understand his real feelings. People could be so desperate because of the permanent scar that was left behind and would always sought for something to fill in that gap. Everyone sure that that traumatizing past that left a scar on their heart, but what made a difference between everyone of them was either they let themselves be succumbed by darkness and hatred…or to move forward with that strong heart without letting it get to them. If one were to see, Hwang Steve was a victim of the society just like everybody else, but his weakness lead to tragedy for many other people like Taeyeon and Irene. One event lead up to another one, like a continuous cycle that needed to be severed.

“Do feel free to hate me, since I’m the one that killed your father.”

“…No, I have enough of it.”

Tiffany shook her head and looked back at Yuri. She approached her and held that right hand that Yuri used to pull that trigger to end Steve’s life. The  officer looked into
Yuri’s eyes filled with hope. Despite she knew that this left some scar on Tiffany’s heart…she was willingly to move on forward without letting that tragic past drag her down. Enough with this revenge and hating each other…Tiffany didn’t want to continue this. She knew that Yuri was the one responsible for killing her father, but she didn’t hate her. She hated herself more for unable to understand her father and be by his side when he needed that emotional support.

“I think my father would want to say thank you to you. At least…he went with peace and no longer have to suffer.”

“…You’re very strong, Tiffany.”

“Not really, but I guess I learned a lot by being around Taeyeon, and everyone.”

“I see. And so about tomorrow, you’re certain you’ll leave without waiting for Taeyeon to wake up first?”

Tiffany shook her head sideways and looked back at Yuri, she explained her feelings how it would make it too hard for her to go and she needed the time to be alone to settle her feelings down. But obviously, Yuri could see through it clearly and could tell that Tiffany wanted to leave because out of fear towards Taeyeon. She just looked the same as when Yongsun came to tell her she was leaving for Moonbyul’s sake…Tiffany was here because of the deal that Taeyeon forced on her, but now that everything was over, she lost the purpose to be here and felt that she was needed to be here.

“I’ll send you two off tomorrow, Seohyun will be coming to pick you two up and drop you in the city.”

“Thank you…for everything, Yuri.”

 

-
-

Woooooooh, i am back!!!!

Two more chapter guys. I am sorry if there are many mistakes. Happy reading !!